“Fantastic hideaway in the mountains”
Review of Molino del Santo

Molino del Santo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benaojan
Surrey
“Fantastic hideaway in the mountains”
Reviewed 14 April 2009

I have stayed at Molino around four times now and it's an absolutely lovely hotel. Once you step inside you slip easily into relaxation mode. The hotel's rooms are fantastic with their lovely balconies where you can enjoy pre-dinner drinks and watch the sun go down.

As to the previous review mentioning the rooms, I completely disagree having stayed in many of them! They are all unique and quaintly decorated reflecting the style of the region. The rooms have always been immaculate when I have stayed there with all the necessities.

The staff are extremely friendly and provide great service with a smile. I would also recommend booking halfboard at Molino as the food is fantastic. Especially in the summer when you can sit outside next to the stream, listening to the sounds of the mountains as you eat.

I always like to arrive at the hotel early afternoon, that way you can chill out by the pool or take a walk through the nature reserve just down the road. Ronda is only a ten minutes drive away if you are keen to visit a local town.

If you're looking for a little hideaway in the mountains this is the hotel for you, I definitely recommend it. I know I'll be heading back there on my next trip to Spain in the summer.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2009

My perception is coloured by how much we paid here and at April-time, I think if it was 60 euro less per night and in the height of Summer I would spend less time in the room and more by the pool and fantastic looking grounds...
We had a weekend stay here - this was our treat to finish off our holiday touring Andalucia - so we booked a superior room - and as we'd seen the reviews our expectations were high. I was quite disappointed with the room itself, as there was nothing special about it. The cleanliness was very good, free wifi and as we were in a superior room we had a balcony. We requested a double but got 2 singles pushed together .
The hotel has a bar, resident's lounge (with inviting fire) and restaurant. We had a lovely breakfast which was included in the price - standard buffet with a choice of 2 hot meals each day.
I wouldn't stay here again, but might recommend it to older couples or those with children - staying in Summer and paying a more reasonable rate.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BooDiddly
English in France
Reviewed 27 March 2009

Excellent location for Ronda, Malaga, Gibraltar with stunning mountain views. Ideal for walkers. Rooms are in the style of Mews Houses, very tastefully presented to ensure comfort and privacy. Lovely sunny balconies. Service is friendly and relaxed from reception to restaurant. A restful stay assured.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Marbella
Reviewed 6 March 2009

Having been a hotelier most of my life I am not the easiest of guests to satisfy however I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay at El Molino del Santo. The hotel is set in an idyllic location with cascading water surrounding the property & delightful pool & gardens & vistas in all directions. The room was very comfortable & every attention had been paid to details such as a selection of international electric sockets to aid most foreign visitors, a welcome selection of large fluffy white towels, piping hot water, extra blankets & pillows, comfortable beds & electric heating that worked & kept us all warm through the cool night. The food was excellent & well presented, & the menus presented an excellent selection & choice, including locally grown delicious fresh vegetables salads & fruit & some scrummy puddings. All the staff were friendly, helpful & well trained & nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them.

All in all, having lived in Spain for over 15 years & traveled extensively throughout the country, I found that El Molino offered excellent value, professional service & a service throughout the hotel, always with a smile, which is not always the case in Andalucia, or certainly on the coast of Andalucia. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, the group felt very welcome & we all enjoyed our stay & many of us will be returning. I have no hesitation to recommend the hotel & the stunning surrounding national Park of Grazalema, it’s un-spoilt countryside ablaze with rare species of wild flowers & stunning indigenous rare wild orchids & the skies above, filled with eagles, hawks, vultures & a large variety of rarely seen migrating birds & some of the nearby famous white pueblos of Andalucia to explore. Each full day was spent walking through the hills & exploring the surrounding countryside & evenings we all returned tired & hungry to our hotel, to receive a warm welcome from our host, the staff of El Molino, & a very delicious dinner.

A delightful spring break & an experience to be repeated.

Kindest regards,

Sandra. Brecknell

• Stayed February 2009
Marbella
Reviewed 3 March 2009

A unique hotel, set in a magnificent area. Easily accessible by rail from San Roque, Gibraltar and 2 mins walk from Benaojan Station. Andy and his staff are superb - lots of humour and a passionate desire to make us feel welcome. The food, both lunch and dinner is vary varied, interesting, delicious and 'dietary choice friendly'. It is worth a visit just to eat in the restaurant. I could go on and on ..... just try it yourself - I promise, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2009
Fuengirola, Spain
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I had heard many great things about this hotel - incuding from another hotel owner whose opinion I respect - and, if anything, my expectations were exceeded.

My thoughts: The Molino del Santo is indeed a "hidden gem" that most definitely merits seeking out. The food is divine, the location superb, the service exceptional, the professionalism 100% and the rooms of the absolute highest standard. However, what sets El Molino apart from 99% of all the other hotels I have stayed in is their attention to detail.

I had the best night's sleep I have had for years and years in any hotel and everything else was just absolutely perfect. As a fussy vegetarian I was delighted to find that there was an abundance of dishes that both my doctor and my stimach would approve of. No, not even my ex Mother-in-Law could have found reason to complain. (She is famous for such classics as "The water was too wet" (in a German swimming pool) and "the icecream was too cold" That was the final blow to a courier who had endured her on a 10 day coach tour of Austria-Switzerland)

Incidentally, the taxi driver who took me back to the coast commented that ALL the guests always praise the hotel and although he can't speak English he says that for the past 16 years it has always been a pleasure to pick guests up from there. Even if the passenger speaks no Spanish and he can only say "Good Day" and "Thank You" in English, he is sure that all the guests are delighted.

Enjoy! I did .....and I will return when it's a bit warmer as the pool looked VERY inviting!

• Liked — Immaculate with professional staff
  • Disliked — I could find nothing to complain about - absolutely totally satisfied
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank thisisspain
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2009

This hotel is set next to a babbling stream beneath towering crags where eagles circle. The atmosphere is extremely tranquil and the food, service and hospitality are second to none. The surronding countryside is unspoilt and easily accessible and the numerous "white villages" within a short drive offer some tremendous views and oppotunities to stroll around and experience the local culture.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaojan
Hotel Los Castanos
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,427 reviews
Hotel Enfrente Arte
Hotel Enfrente Arte
#2 of 39 in Ronda

Been to Molino del Santo? Share your experiences!