“If you want to feel like you are at home, stay here! The Best Hotel in Atlanta!”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed at The Mansion on Peachtree from June 2-5, 2011. During my visit I valet parked (rental car), ate at the restaurant, had room service, drinks at the bar, used their shuttle service (Lexis town car), and visited the spa. I will try to detail all for you in the following review but if you hear me say one thing in this review it's that YOU SHOULD STAY HERE! I've been to many five star resorts -- this by far was the best service I have ever received.

Upon arrival you are greeted by their bell service/valet. Bruno, Nickolas and Donald were all fantastic. Geez, you don't even have time to open your own door, they are there for you in an instant. And they are very personable, not only are they diligent with service, they take an interest in where you have been, where you would like to go, etc., etc. These guys work in extreme heat in a tux – they have every reason to be grumpy – but no, they are the friendliest people in the place – unbelievable. I did use their shuttle service to visit the nearby mall (nice mall by the way). Bruno made sure to drop me by my favorite store and was there to pick me back up within 10 minutes of calling.

The hotel has been reviewed but several folks on here, it’s indescribable – just beautiful. I did not see a single flaw. Top notch!

I had room service one morning; it was very quick and extremely good for room service. How you get scrambled eggs to taste that good is beyond me!

I also ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. The food was always fantastic. The service fantastic – Silvie was such a pleasure. Everyone here is so nice; I asked Silvie if it was just me that was special…her answer was priceless. She said, yes, you are very special as are all our guests. I don’t know how they could make that many guests feel as special as they did for me.

Marcus and Sue Ann need to be mentioned here too, make sure to seek them out, they will provide you with the best service ever!

Whitney at the front desk was so amazingly helpful. Not only was she very professional she was also able to talk to me on such a personable level, I felt as though I had made a friend.

Do yourself a favor and stay here; you will not regret your decision.

Room Tip: Any room is great at this place
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Ellestar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Turkish first
Highlands, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Our stay was perfect! In the room everything was clean, neat, orderly, and the layout was spectacular. The staff were all quite friendly and helpful. During our stay we ordered breakfast through their in-room dining and enjoyed everything as it was all perfectly cooked and presented. No detail was spared! The syrup for my waffle was heated, but not too hot, the hot food items had plate warmers beneath them, they truly thought of everything! We especially enjoyed our fresh squeezed carrot and green apple juices! We were not able to enjoy all venues of The Mansion however we look forward to doing so during our next stay!
Our only complaint is that the vent for the air system to heat and cool the room is above the bed and very noisy...

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Thank you very much for your review of The Mansion. I love hearing the details of what made a visit so special and apprciate you taking the time to reiterate them. We look forward to welcoming you back and again, many thanks.

Micarl Hill, Managing Director
italy
Reviewed 11 June 2011

A peaceful corner in a brand new area of the city. The hotel is settled in a side street of the wide Peachtree road in Atlanta, so there is no noise coming from the street. The welcome and the entire staff are very friendly and helpful also for restaurant reservations. Good valet service. We stayed in the suite (the room that appears often in the hotel pics) and it is incredibly huge with a marble bath that is a room by itself with shower and bathtub and a separate wc area. There are a lot of amenities and a tv service from which you can choos plenty of programmes. Also the bed is very confortable, high and wide..maybe the widest I've seen in my life.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank micius
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
We appreciate your delightful review of our hotel and look forward so much to your return. Please come soon and often!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Starting from its architecture, garden, rooms, amenities and service everything was perfect. Barring some great hotels in Asia, I have never been to such a good hotel in US. Room was very nice, big, airy and had nice views. It had all facilities required for a business person as well as families. Service was excellent, thanks to staff who keeps their guest's requirements in mind. One of the best break-fast I had in US. Though menu is with limited choices for a vegetarian, taste was great. Location was perfect, near to two good shopping malls, and a railway station. Did not had a chance to use the station, but seems very near, you can safely drag your luggage is you need to use train. Traffic sometimes is bad, and this may be a preferred choice sometimes...good restaurants nearby if you feel like having a good meal outside. They have a unique service, to serve coffee at cafe, rather than in your room..It will be a good idea (for my next visit) to take my cup in the room, relax and read a good book...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KDMumbai
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Dear "Grande",

We so much enjoyed your review of The Mansion on Peachtree. Coming from a world traveler, your comments were very interesting and important to us. You mentioned the traffic and by way of explanation, there is a major renovation and re-inventing of Buckhead (where we are located) that is under way and the portion in front of our hotel should be completed next year. This will totally correct the traffic issue you mentioned. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We will be very excited to welcome you back and hope that it will be soon.

Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 7 June 2011

From the moment we pulled up to the moment we checked out we were made to feel special. We were greeted immediately, our luggage collected, escorted to the desk for check-in & then taken upstairs to the most beautiful room. We were celebrating my guy's birthday & each day I had surprises lined up for him. Many of the staff would ask each time they saw us what we had planned & I would smile & tell them it was a surprise. On our return it was never unusual for 2 or 3 to ask what we did. The hotel delievered a Birthday cupcake and note the first night. While all employees were wonderful, I would like to especially thank Kimberly Williams for our amazing room. We are spoiled now! I would also like to give a special mention to Anne from Concierge & Cortez from Bell Services. Thank you for making us feel so special. We hope to be able to stay at The Mansion again.

Room Tip: Rooms with the private balcony are amazing.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My wife and I traveled to Atlanta to see Paul Simon at Chastain Park for her birthday. We chose The Mansion because of location and reviews on TA. We were not disappointed! We were treated as if we were the most important guests at the hotel from the moment we got out of our car until the moment we left. The staff could not be more friendly or attentive. Since I had included we were traveling to celebrate my wife's birthday, the manager (no less) sent us a very nice card and a delicious little cake. The hotel itself is the definition of luxury - dimming lights, automated curtains/shades, linens, the english garden...everything! The bar staff (Thank you for introducing us to "The Demise of Violet Beauregard"!) were also great. The hotel is located in Buckhead which one can find most anything to stay busy from fine dining to shopping at nearby Lenox Mall. We would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a close by escape. We will be returning ASAP!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EagerToTravel1181
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor and please extend a very Happy Birthday wish once again to your wife. We look forward to your return.

Virginia
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at The Mansion on Peachtree for the week of May 15th through May 20th. This reason for my stay was a business trip with Porsche. I sincerely hope this feedback reaches any traveler and the great customer service that was provided to me.

It started from the moment I arrived at your hotel and the valet opened my car door with a smile and asked if I had any bags that he could retrieve for me. After he unloaded my bags from the car, I approached the front doors and was greeted with another smile and a warm welcome from the doorman. I was provided directions to the front desk for check in without even asking. Each and every member of the front desk staff was very polite and professional as expected. I was checked in with no issues and in a very quick, but easy manner. I passed several employees in the hallway on the way to my room and was once again greeted with a welcome and a smile. Some even asked how I was doing and if I needed anything.

I enjoyed the breakfast every morning and had the same consistant service everyday. Always welcomed by the staff and I was also provided information about the various menu items and beverages each day. The food was always prepared quickly and delivered with a smile. My beverages were refilled without requesting and I was asked by each employee if everything was alright and prepared to my satisfaction.

We had lunch everyday at the hotel. This was provided by the banquet staff and never was there a disappointment at any time. The staff there as well was always polite and friendly as expected. Organized and worked as a team through every detail.

There is one employee that shined above the others during my visit. I want to provide some very positive feedback in regards to Callie Gillespie. On several occasions she interacted with me on a very friendly and professional manner as well as a humorous and comfortable conversation to make sure I was happy and in a great mood. Callie was genuinely concerned about my stay making sure everything exceeded my expectations. I asked Callie each night for a place to eat depending on the cuisine that I wanted because she is a local native. Ms. Gillespie offered me several choices everynight, and even gave me the reasons why she selected each place without me asking. Even without asking she also provided me menus to these places so I could review them before hand. Three to four places everynight and never did she seem inconvenienced at any moment. I got to know her on a personal level and found out she was in the restuarant business, so I never questioned her advice. This just overwhlemed be beyond belief that she would take the time to do this. I have stayed in many 4 star and several high end luxury hotels from California to Boston, Michigan to Florida. I have never experienced the level of detail, customer service and professionalism as I received here. I can say that because of Ms. Gillespie's service the next time I am in Atlanta for any reason, there is only one hotel that will be receiving my business and that is the Mansion on Peachtree.

I am in the customer service business as well for the luxury car manufacturer Porsche. Receiving great customer service is what I expect at places of this level. However the personable attention that I received was more than expected and lacking by many competitors.

The next time I am in Atlanta for business or pleasure, The Mansion on Peachtree is the only hotel I will consider.

Room Tip: Be polite and respectful
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank scott b
ManagerRosewood, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I have read it to the staff in our weekly staff meeting and we will be recognizing Callie especially for the outstanding job she did and continues to do for our guests. We look forward so much to your return and again, thank you for the tme you took to share such a wonderful response with TripAdvisor.