“Great place to stay in Atlanta”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #2 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay in Atlanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

Exceptionally clean hotel with great service. Better than the chains nearby. Staff are fantastically helpful. It is rare to have a hotel in this price range be so nice.

• Stayed July 2011
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Thank you very much! Please return soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

My wife and I live in Atlanta and decided to get away from the kid and celebrate our anniversary here. And we loved it! We generally stay at the 4 Seasons, Ritz or boutique hotels (Kimpton). The service here was among the best we've ever experienced, the rooms were spacious and modern, and the food was very good. We spent a few hours in the spa, which was very relaxing and made working out a pleasure. We're already planning our next trip back in a few months.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Your review was very special to us and we thank you for selecting The Mansion to celebrate your anniversary. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again,hopefully in the very near future.

Thank you again .

Sandra Finlay, Hotel Manager
georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

One of the nicest hotel experience anywhere. When you stay at the Mansion, you'll understand why it is rated the #1 hotel in Atlanta on TripAdvisor. The staff is very friendly & helpful. Everthing about the room is extraordinary -the Bose Wave sound system, the hidden flat screen, the bedding & the huge bathroom with another flat screen, dual sinks & a soaking bath. Particularly liked the quiet nature of the hotel. Premium location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
It was our pleasure to have you with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. Your feedback is valuable to us as well as to TripAdvisor readers. We will look forward to your return.

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

We only spent a weekend at the Mansion on Peachtree - but what a great experience! The staff was great - polite, extremely helpful, and very professional. Our room was AMAZING - comfy bed, huge bathroom, with all the amenities you could possibly think of. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and although a bit pricey, well worth it. The Mansion is also located within walking distance to two great shopping centers, and less than a 5 minute walk to the metro. I would definitey recommend it!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
I just read your delightful review of The Mansion. I see that you are from London and thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel with our TripAdvisor friends. We also always enjoy welcoming our British guests and will look forward to your return.

Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed at The Mansion on Peachtree from June 2-5, 2011. During my visit I valet parked (rental car), ate at the restaurant, had room service, drinks at the bar, used their shuttle service (Lexis town car), and visited the spa. I will try to detail all for you in the following review but if you hear me say one thing in this review it's that YOU SHOULD STAY HERE! I've been to many five star resorts -- this by far was the best service I have ever received.

Upon arrival you are greeted by their bell service/valet. Bruno, Nickolas and Donald were all fantastic. Geez, you don't even have time to open your own door, they are there for you in an instant. And they are very personable, not only are they diligent with service, they take an interest in where you have been, where you would like to go, etc., etc. These guys work in extreme heat in a tux – they have every reason to be grumpy – but no, they are the friendliest people in the place – unbelievable. I did use their shuttle service to visit the nearby mall (nice mall by the way). Bruno made sure to drop me by my favorite store and was there to pick me back up within 10 minutes of calling.

The hotel has been reviewed but several folks on here, it’s indescribable – just beautiful. I did not see a single flaw. Top notch!

I had room service one morning; it was very quick and extremely good for room service. How you get scrambled eggs to taste that good is beyond me!

I also ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. The food was always fantastic. The service fantastic – Silvie was such a pleasure. Everyone here is so nice; I asked Silvie if it was just me that was special…her answer was priceless. She said, yes, you are very special as are all our guests. I don’t know how they could make that many guests feel as special as they did for me.

Marcus and Sue Ann need to be mentioned here too, make sure to seek them out, they will provide you with the best service ever!

Whitney at the front desk was so amazingly helpful. Not only was she very professional she was also able to talk to me on such a personable level, I felt as though I had made a friend.

Do yourself a favor and stay here; you will not regret your decision.

Room Tip: Any room is great at this place
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Ellestar
Highlands, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

Our stay was perfect! In the room everything was clean, neat, orderly, and the layout was spectacular. The staff were all quite friendly and helpful. During our stay we ordered breakfast through their in-room dining and enjoyed everything as it was all perfectly cooked and presented. No detail was spared! The syrup for my waffle was heated, but not too hot, the hot food items had plate warmers beneath them, they truly thought of everything! We especially enjoyed our fresh squeezed carrot and green apple juices! We were not able to enjoy all venues of The Mansion however we look forward to doing so during our next stay!
Our only complaint is that the vent for the air system to heat and cool the room is above the bed and very noisy...

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review of The Mansion. I love hearing the details of what made a visit so special and apprciate you taking the time to reiterate them. We look forward to welcoming you back and again, many thanks.

italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

A peaceful corner in a brand new area of the city. The hotel is settled in a side street of the wide Peachtree road in Atlanta, so there is no noise coming from the street. The welcome and the entire staff are very friendly and helpful also for restaurant reservations. Good valet service. We stayed in the suite (the room that appears often in the hotel pics) and it is incredibly huge with a marble bath that is a room by itself with shower and bathtub and a separate wc area. There are a lot of amenities and a tv service from which you can choos plenty of programmes. Also the bed is very confortable, high and wide..maybe the widest I've seen in my life.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank micius
ManagerRosewood, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
We appreciate your delightful review of our hotel and look forward so much to your return. Please come soon and often!

Sandra Finlay, Hotel Manager