“Understated Southern Elegance”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Understated Southern Elegance”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

In the city's best location. A private hideaway, like your family's southern mansion. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Ashton B
ManagerRosewood, Managing Director at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate it an d you!

Mica Hill, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Turkish first
boca raton, fl
Reviewed 20 March 2012

It really is perfect. The bellman, front desk, room-service delivery guy, waiter, housekeeper...all polite, professional, and incredible. The rooms are spacious, gorgeous and comfortable. It's Restoration Hardware and Ritz Carlton all rolled into one. Warm gray walls with crown moldings, wood furniture that's contemporary/upscale, all in great taste. Carpets, bedding and window treatments--mixed patterns, beautiful fabrics and sparkling clean. King room has a walk in closet. Double bed room is huge! Windows are almost floor to ceiling with unobstructed views and keep the rooms completely silent. The bathrooms are unreal: soaking tub, separate shower, double sinks, separate water closet and all materials are marble or expensive tile. Our king bathroom even had an incredible view from the window above the tub! The hallways are as beautiful as the rooms...and room service is quick, with food that's delicious, hot and fresh.

This was our second stay, and will be the only place we would ever choose in Buckhead.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank z2u
Great observations...love your descriptions and thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We will certainly look forward to your return soon.

Mica Hill, Managing Director
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed there for a business meeting but would return in a heartbeat on my own dime. The service is outstanding. Every single staff member treats you as if your satisfaction is the reason they woke up! I also had some appetizers on site and the rock shrimp made me cry they were so delish! I did not get a chance to check out the spa or gym but maybe next time.

1 Thank Shan143
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I were looking for a quick romantic getaway. I live in Atlanta and I had never noticed this building before. I was relaxed as soon as we pulled into the drive way. We were treated so nicely and generously.

We purchased the romance package which entailed chocolate, champagne and rose petals. The rose petals were white, I wish I would have asked what color because you couldn't really see them on the white bed and light carpet. Other than that we really enjoyed are stay. We had a private balcony and people watched peachtree street. We would love to go to the spa next time we visit. We ordered room service and had cheeseburgers. They were so delicious and fresh.

The privacy is appreciated. No one called to ask you if everything was okay and no one was knocking on our door at 9 am like other hotels. We had uninterrupted time to get some serious rest. I think we found the perfect stay-cation location.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor right by the elevators and we heard nothing all night. Just decide if you w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank intrntnl
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed as part of a business meeting, approximately 25 rooms for one night. The hotel was willing to negotiate rooms to a very reasonable rate. Meeting rooms like the entire facility are quite nice. Coworkers stated the gym facility was great. Located in the heart of Buckhead, walking distance to Lenox Mall and many restaurants. Additionally, the hotel car is available for shuttle around the immediate area. There is a big emphasis on service - no less than 4 people "handled" me between pulling up to the valet and being ESCORTED to check in. Rooms are lovely, reasonably spacious with a bed that you don't want to crawl out of in the morning. Bath is also spacious, with a soaking tub, double vanity, nice walk in shower, and separate WC. Lobby restaurant was blissfully quiet for breakfast despite being fairly busy.

Room Tip: Ask for an orientation to your room - some folks had trouble finding the TV.
1 Thank Vicki A
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Overall was a wonderful experience. Nicely appointed rooms, professional service, and great food. You cannot go wrong if you're looking for a quite relaxing place to stay while traveling to Atlanta for business.

1 Thank Christopher H
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Where do I begin with the accolades?! I have travelled the world for business and pleasure and have stayed at every type of accomodation imaginable. This was without question one of my favorites. The main reason why...THE PEOPLE. From the time I spoke with a reservation agent inquiring about the rooms, through speaking with Megan with more questions, to checking in with Tessa, riding with Patrick,and having my car brought up by Chris, I felt like a queen throughout. Each and every touch (welcome letter, thank you note, turn down with slippers by the bedside, etc etc) was beautifully done and so very appreciated. I live in ATL and am looking forward to creating a reason to come back! I have already shared my experience with friends and colleagues and will continue to sing your praises. As a service provider (which any of us who work with people are) you never know who is walking through the door and it is up to us to make each person feel as if they are unique, worthy, and special. All of which the Mansion did. Keep up the exceptional work! I look forward to my next visit, as I have unfinished business...still have to make it to Spa29. YEAAAA! I found my reason to return. LOL

Room Tip: Best views are on 8th floor and above.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple