“Amazing weekend get away and awesome Staycation for my friends”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing weekend get away and awesome Staycation for my friends”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler/ weekend getaway guy.... I decided to visit my friends from Atlanta. I travel on most weekends to visit friends and family. I have a Diamond Medallion status with Delta Air Line. I usually stay at 4-5 star hotels.
This will be my third stay at this hotel. Before it was called The Mansion , now it is the Mandarin Oriental. I am very impressed with this stay. The service has significantly improved since it was the Mansion. The staffs are courteous, friendly, extremely helpful and pleasant. They go out of their ways to assist you in any way they can. Almost Everyone has a smile .
The Rooms are clean, spacious, and impeccable. The bed was so comfortable and was made perfectly with crisp sharp edges yet soft and inviting . I love the way they leave a little flower (orchid) on the bed daily after they have made the bed. It is a very nice touch and classy. The bathroom is very clean and spacious . The bath products are top notch .
The restaurant is excellent.... I usually don't like egg Benedict but to my amazement I love their crab Benedict .... I like my poach egg hard and the chef made it perfectly . The egg rested on top of a crab cake that was sweet and succulent . They put just the right amount of bearnaise sauce .
I will definitely comeback in one month .

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nathan9551
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for choosing Mandarin Oriental Atlanta for your weekend stay! Our location is the epicenter of excitement as it puts you just steps away from some of Buckhead's greatest eateries and attractions. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We chose this hotel over the Ritz and the St. Regis due to price, as they are all similar in nature, and this time due to a press release we read on the web touting their pet friendly policy. Since my eleven year old daughter and our Pug Rosie were accompanying me, this hotel seemed to have the best pet amenities and the most reasonable pet charges ($100) comparitively. This was the first time we have traveled with our dog and not our first stay at the hotel. The general consensus is excellent but the staff who is eager to please is almost unsure of this. Every request we had was responded with a "let me check with my manager" and then a "sure". We booked thru Amex platinum fine hotels and received an upgrade to a suite which was wonderful. Rooms are hard to compete with. Very large, very spacious, and very spreadout. Luxurious bathrooms to say the least. Garden area is great for pets with a dog park nearby as well. Pet marketing promises a lot that is forgotten though, like pet cocktails and no where to dine with pet, although after special request they did serve us happily but on our suggestion, for lunch and brunch both days on the porch adjoining the restaurant . All were happy. Rosie the pug was especially happy with her food and water bowls and pet bed left for her in the room along with her doggie treats. We were happy with house BMW that drives you anywhere you want to go in Buckhead. Although, it is first come first serve so be prepared to wait. Driver was lovely though. Hotel does feel a bit limited in offerings mainly dining choices. Nice progressive spa. Waterless pedicures a bit strange though not altogether a bad thing. Spa treatment providers couldn't have been nicer. Overall excellent and would definately return - hopefully without the pug - my idea not hers.

Room Tip: Suites are spread out and floor plan is excellent. Bathrooms are luxurious
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review and the time you've taken to share your thoughts. Your comments are truly appreciated and we have taken great care to received your feedback as this is valuable information to help us continue to be better. We look forward to welcoming you, your daughter and Rosie back soon!
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I did not have the luxury of enjoying much of the luxury available here, but this is an exceptionally well appointed hotel. The rooms are very spacious, especially the bathroom which is quite large by most hotel bathroom standards. Daily turn down service as well, where you are left slippers, a bottle or two of water and a flower. Travelers who were here on pleasure seemed to be very happy. Staff was efficient and attentive. They have a local car (BMW) that they will drive you to local establishments in. Just a few steps away from MARTA Buckhead Station on the Red Line. Very easy access to/from the airport to avoid Atlanta's notorious highways. They have parking, but I did not use it and cannot comment on it. Friends on higher floors were not happy with the elevators. Very slow. I was lower and didn't have any issues. Location is superb.

Room Tip: May want to stay on lower floor, some complaints about long elevator wait times on higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AUH_tr
Many thanks for have taken the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you chose Mandarin Oriental Atlanta for your business stay. Hopefully next time will be for leisure and you will have more time to enjoy our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Wexford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently celebrated my child's birthday here. We'd planned for a small affair in the English Garden, but when raindrops began falling, the party had to be relocated to the back up room. Although I was disappointed we wouldn't be partying in the garden, the staff at the Mandarin went above and beyond to make sure the room where our party was held, was set up to accommodate our guests. It turns out, this was indeed the better option, for our tiniest guests to crawl around and play with their toys. My husband and I also stayed at the hotel for two nights during our visit. When I walked in the room, I was impressed. Normally we stay at Ritz Carlton Hotels, and they are fine properties, but the attention to detail at the Mandarin made the difference for me... i.e. fresh flowers in the room, a well appointed TV in the bathroom and more than one bottle of shower gel and body lotion. I'm also a critic of luxury properties that don't offer quality linens, and bath tissue. The Mandarin didn't disappoint. The bath towels were huge! The shower was quite spacious. I'm sure I wasted gallons of water, because I didn't want to get out of there. If ever I'm in need of a hotel in Atlanta, the Mandarin will be at the top of my list. I had a facial and massage in the spa as well. They were enjoyable, but the room amenities were most appealing.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you can't afford a suite, the regular rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
You can't imagine how delighted I am to read your review. Thank you kindly for your compliments and especially for acknowledging the efforts of our team. It is delightful to hear their hard work appreciated. Many thanks for the time you took to write the review and the thoughtfulness behind your words. We are excited to have you back at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta soon!
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A treat for our final night on our three week road trip - could have easily spent the three weeks here !!

Booked the drive in package, valet parking, breakfast and late check-out - perfect combination and a very good price (when compared to European Mandarin Orientals, especially London).

Check-in was friendly and efficient but if being picky, there should have been more than one member of staff on duty as we did wait a short while. Everything we needed to know was explained and we did genuinely believe that what ever we wanted during our stay would be accommodated.

Our room on the 6th floor was on a splayed corner so was a little larger than some, the footprint of the hotel is small, a very slender tall skyscraper. It was beautifully furnished and looked in top shape. There was every amenity (except a coffee machine). The bathroom was very luxurious and the Shanghi Tang toiletries are beautiful to use. We were dismayed however, to be facing the construction site next door to the hotel, mentioned in some TA reviews. We asked the valet who brought our luggage up about this potential problem, we could hear the drills, shouting etc. He said that because it was Memorial Day weekend, they should be finishing early that day and not be working until the following Tuesday. This was indeed so, and it did not bother us again over our short stay.

We did think that this room and even this side of the hotel would not be good to stay in once construction had reached the same floor level, then above and eventually completed as construction noise would be intrusive during the day and the new 'next door' appears to be very close to the hotel.

Location in Buckhead is brilliant - two very well specified malls within easy walking distance of the hotel is a definate bonus! We used the complimentary car service (what a good idea) to go to a local restaurant. It worked seamlessly and John and his stretch 7 series BMW were just perfect.

Breakfast was lovely - quality produce and not silly massive portions either. Service was polished and refined. It is a small dining area (infact, there is not much public space in the hotel) but very comfortable. The late check out was really welcomed too as we had an evening flight home that was subsequently delayed a while.

Room Tip: Try and get the side away from current construction work and corner rooms on the splay look a little...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whinbrook
Thank you for your gracious compliments. We are driven by our mission to completely delight and satisft our guests. It is a commitment we strive for daily and your kind words are our fuel. With much graditute we hope to be able to provide you a luxurious experience here at Mandarin Oriental Atlanta soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Whenever we visit Atlanta, this is one of our go to hotels. The rooms are nicely appointed and the service can not be beat. Everyone makes you feel so welcome. In addition, its location in Buckhead is perfect. It's close to everything including restaurants, shopping and is in a very nice part of Atlanta. A 5 star experience for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I am very pleased to hear that the service of our team here at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta was noted. The attention you have shown them with your lovely comments is truly appreciated and your insight helps us to continue to provide exceptional service.

Thank you kindly for the time you've given to share your valued thoughts and we look forwarding to having you here again soon.
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was traveling and arrived on a delayed flight around 1am. The staff was super friendly even at that late hour. The rooms are very nice and rather fancy. As an example it took a while to find the TV as it is behind a picture on the wall (you use a remote to move the picture). Also, the bathtub has it's own TV. Very nice touches. The grounds are great. It is in a nice spot. Very well done.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for have taken the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We take great pride in offering great service, especialy at 1am when our guest may need it the most after a long day of travel. Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and we hope to welcome you back soon!