“FIRST CLASS”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“FIRST CLASS”
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed here for a long weekend in a double balcony suite which was clean tidy and spacious. The service was spot on in the hotel and dinner at Craft was an absolute pleasure. We were shown the private apartments that are for sale and they were amazing.

Well done to all the staff

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
duddydarb, Managing Director at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 21 August 2009
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of The Mansion on Peachtree with other visitors to Trip Advisor. We genuinely value our guests' input.

I'm glad to know that you had the opportunity to visit the residence tower as well as Craft Atlanta, Tom Colicchio's restaurant. I have shared your compliments of the hotel with our staff. Thank you!

We will look forward to your return.

Luigi Romaniello, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Memphis
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My wife and I recently spent an evening at the Mansion on Peachtree and we were so pleasantly surprised. We have stayed at very nice hotels in major cities across the US and Mansion on Peachtree is honestly one of the best hotel experiences we have ever come across.

Anybody who gives this places negative marks is impossible to please. The staff is excellent and they go out of their way to help you with anything that us requested or needed.

Also, the location of the hotel in buckhead is around everything!

The gym and spa facilities are excellent and the staff is so accomodating.

If you are looking for the best place to stay in Atlanta GA. Then I must highly suggest Mansion on Peachtree.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
"Honestly", thank you for recommending us!!! We can't wait for your return and thank you for your wonderful compliments and valuable input.

Sincerey,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I've stayed here twice - rooms are good sized, with a clean design that come with all necessary amenities. Location is great too and it's next door to Craft restaraunt which is one of the best food experience i've ever had in the US. If you stay in this hotel you i would strongly recommend you to try a burger in the bar - absolutely fantastic!

The gym is nice as well and the only downside is the restaurant where service is a bit slow and food isn't even close to Craft. I will be back for sure in the future since its a place where you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Stayed at "The Mansion" for a weekend getaway with my wife. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again. Hard to gripe about anything at this hotel but I was kind of shocked by the $30 dollar charge for "Overnight Valet Parking". I have to assume (because I neglected to ask) I was charged because we arrived at the hotel at around 11pm after dinner, in the future I will opt to park my own car. Aside from that it was a great experience and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carolina12345
Gulfport, MS
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We loved this place. It was our first time staying. I originally drove up to the Four Seasons in downtown. They were pretty empty, they admitted. But, the manager wouldn't budge on coming off the $650 price for a suite. So, I called the Mansion and they gave me a much better deal on their suite. We arrived to the busy area of Buckhead that it is in, right behind the Craft restaurant. The building appears cramped when you arrive, but it is like a compund once you pass the front gate and pull up to the door. Everyone is exptremely friendly and the service was overall great. Just watch hearing the doorbell for room service... we couldn't due to the size of the room, I guess and we missed our delivery. We caught him on the retry, though. The suite was fantastic. Two balconies on opposite sides of the building. Wall switch powered window blinds. TV in bathroom. TV hidden behind painting that retracts with a remote control. I could go on, but there was nothing lacking. The room service was great, the maids were awesome. We were very satisfied. The breakfast in the morning was also awesome. We were seated at a window overlooking the English garden. The melon juice I had was great and I kept getting prompt refills. My son and I had a waffle with strawberries, bananas, and chocolate chips. The grits were authentic and I judge a restaurant in the south by its grits. The pool was narrow, but long and it is really designed for laps. But we were the only ones there, so the kids enjoyed it and we weren't in anyone's way. This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in recent times.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Dear Roamin Cajun,

It was such a pleasure to read about you and your family's impression of our hotel. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the lap pool all to yourselves...and that you loved our grits! Thanks for "I Could Live Here"....as you may know, we do have residents in our residence tower above the hotel.

Thank you for your compliments and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back often.

Paris
Reviewed 12 June 2009

The Mansion on Peachtree is a brand new facility - it feels new & fresh. Very cool feeling, the decor is very stylish & modern - it is amazingly kept. The staff is very friendly & helpful - The only exception would perhaps be for the restaurant of the hotel where staff seemed almost bored since the hotel seemed quite empty for some reason, hence the slow service & lack of attention.
Overall I thought my stay was wonderful & would definitely go back

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Northshore - Chicago
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We just returned from a 3-night stay at MOP. We took advantage of a 3rd night free promotion. We had a wonderful premier king room which was spaceous and had a wonderful bathroom. We really loved the views from the bathtub. The room was extremely clean and the fabulous bed was like a cocoon with all the pillows, soft sheets, duvets etc. One small item that was noticeably missing was slippers -- since they are pretty much standard at other hotels of this level, this was definitely a miss. Other misses -- the in room information says pressing is complimentary but I was charged $6 for a simple blouse pressing... turn down was simply water -- no chocolates or anything to make it special.

We had breakfast each morning at Neo where the staff was very friendly, remembered our names and really made us feel special. They have wonderful freshly squeezed juices. The bar was small and the service was hit or miss. One day we went to the outdoor area and no one came to see if we wanted drinks eventhough we walked through the bar (it was empty) and the bartender told us in or outside was fine. The next day the server came right over and brought us snacks to go with our cocktails even though it was more crowded.

The valet staff was very friendly and service oriented. Running back and forth with umbrellas one rainy night between the hotel and Craft. They always had a smile on their faces and seemed to genuiely enjoy interacting with you.

The concierge/front desk staff was where we really felt the service waned. Overall, they were rather unfriendly and a bit stiff. I used the conceirge ahead of time via email request form them sent but really didn't get confirmation on anything but one reservation. When I inquired about using the car service, there was no answer from them nor about a late check out request. I checked in person and they said Restaurant Eugene (where I made my own reservations) was 4 miles which was too far... too far, really? The late check out was granted which I also had to ask about to confirm.

As a side note, Craftbar was great! We had the best service. When they were out of the ingredients to make one of their signature cocktails my husband wanted to try on Friday night, they said to come back on Saturday and it would be ready. We came back and our server greeted us warmly and connected with the bartender who bought my husband his drink!

If you're a Top Chef fan, Richard Blais' place Flip Burger is yummy for a quick lunch. About a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel.

Overall, the hotel is really wonderful and staff generally seem to care and try to provide a high level of service and helped to make a great long weekend get away.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple