“Superb!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgia
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

I often stay in the Buckhead area at another property, but based on the reviews here I decided to try this hotel. I purchased an escape package that included breakfast and a fifty dollar credit for two hundred twenty nine dollars on the website.

My stay here was a bit pricier than what I typically pay at nearby properties, but there are a number of things about this property that I like. The room was absolutely beautiful. It was very quiet and on the 15th floor. I had requested a high floor. The bottom part of this property is hotel and the uppermost floors are private residences. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were a lot of pillows. There were two upholstered chairs in the room, a small table between them, a desk and a desk chair. The large windows gave a nice view in the direction of both Lenox and Phipps shopping centers.

The bathroom was especially nice with a clear glass door on the large shower and a deep soaking tub. A television allows you to watch from the soaking tub or tilt it for viewing from the toilet which is in its own small room with a pocket door off the bath area. The shower has a head that can be used as a hand held and the bathroom amenities are very nice. There were two robes hanging in the bathroom and there are two sinks in the granite counter.

There is a stocked mini-bar with the usual high priced snacks and drinks. There is a granitce topped area above the built in drawers that contains a safe and a tray of other items--shoe horn, sewing kit, shoe polishing items. You can also leave your shoes out to be polished overnight.

The breakfast that came with my package could be room service or downstairs and I ordered room service. it arrived as promised and was delicious.

Valet service is thirty dollars per night and there is no self-parking. The internet fee is thirteen dollars for 24 hours. My fifty dollar credit went for these items. I did not use the spa or eat in the restaurant. I did enjoy walking around in the English garden.

This is a rather people intense place--upon arrival there must have been three gentlemen who met me, welcomed me, offered help and opened the doors. Upon entry I went to the small check-in area where once again i was welcomed by two people. My room was not ready upon arrival. i was offered a room on a lower floor that was ready but I opted to wait the fifteen minutes I was told it would take in the lounge. Once seated in the lounge I was asked if i would l ike something from the bar. I did not but a constant stream of people brought food and drinks to other guests and everything looked good. Once the room was ready I was directed to the elevators where someone welcomed me and pushed the buttons. It was a relief to finally close the door to my room. On subsequent trips in and out the hotel I was always greeted multiple times and sometimes asked if everything was to my satisfaction. Because one has to walk by reception to enter the elevators which are somewhat out of the way there is often interaction and greetings from the staff.

As a solo traveler I felt very safe, but also a bit smothered by the attention at times. In a busier property there is not so muh personal attention and interaction but this property considers itself a boutique hotel and really works to make the experience more of a personal one.

All in all I was very impressed and would stay here again. I would have preferred to have found a better price for the room, but I have no complaints.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
duddydarb, Managing Director at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 21 August 2009
Dear Solo Traveler,

Your review of The Mansion on Peachtree was very detailed and I enjoyed reading your comments. You are correct that we are a small property and our focus is on personal attention.

I was deligted to know that you would recommend us and we hope to have you return soon and often. Thank you very much for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We truly value our guests' input.

Luigi Romaniello, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed here for a long weekend in a double balcony suite which was clean tidy and spacious. The service was spot on in the hotel and dinner at Craft was an absolute pleasure. We were shown the private apartments that are for sale and they were amazing.

Well done to all the staff

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of The Mansion on Peachtree with other visitors to Trip Advisor. We genuinely value our guests' input.

I'm glad to know that you had the opportunity to visit the residence tower as well as Craft Atlanta, Tom Colicchio's restaurant. I have shared your compliments of the hotel with our staff. Thank you!

We will look forward to your return.

Memphis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

My wife and I recently spent an evening at the Mansion on Peachtree and we were so pleasantly surprised. We have stayed at very nice hotels in major cities across the US and Mansion on Peachtree is honestly one of the best hotel experiences we have ever come across.

Anybody who gives this places negative marks is impossible to please. The staff is excellent and they go out of their way to help you with anything that us requested or needed.

Also, the location of the hotel in buckhead is around everything!

The gym and spa facilities are excellent and the staff is so accomodating.

If you are looking for the best place to stay in Atlanta GA. Then I must highly suggest Mansion on Peachtree.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
"Honestly", thank you for recommending us!!! We can't wait for your return and thank you for your wonderful compliments and valuable input.

Sincerey,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

I've stayed here twice - rooms are good sized, with a clean design that come with all necessary amenities. Location is great too and it's next door to Craft restaraunt which is one of the best food experience i've ever had in the US. If you stay in this hotel you i would strongly recommend you to try a burger in the bar - absolutely fantastic!

The gym is nice as well and the only downside is the restaurant where service is a bit slow and food isn't even close to Craft. I will be back for sure in the future since its a place where you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

Stayed at "The Mansion" for a weekend getaway with my wife. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again. Hard to gripe about anything at this hotel but I was kind of shocked by the $30 dollar charge for "Overnight Valet Parking". I have to assume (because I neglected to ask) I was charged because we arrived at the hotel at around 11pm after dinner, in the future I will opt to park my own car. Aside from that it was a great experience and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carolina12345
Gulfport, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

We loved this place. It was our first time staying. I originally drove up to the Four Seasons in downtown. They were pretty empty, they admitted. But, the manager wouldn't budge on coming off the $650 price for a suite. So, I called the Mansion and they gave me a much better deal on their suite. We arrived to the busy area of Buckhead that it is in, right behind the Craft restaurant. The building appears cramped when you arrive, but it is like a compund once you pass the front gate and pull up to the door. Everyone is exptremely friendly and the service was overall great. Just watch hearing the doorbell for room service... we couldn't due to the size of the room, I guess and we missed our delivery. We caught him on the retry, though. The suite was fantastic. Two balconies on opposite sides of the building. Wall switch powered window blinds. TV in bathroom. TV hidden behind painting that retracts with a remote control. I could go on, but there was nothing lacking. The room service was great, the maids were awesome. We were very satisfied. The breakfast in the morning was also awesome. We were seated at a window overlooking the English garden. The melon juice I had was great and I kept getting prompt refills. My son and I had a waffle with strawberries, bananas, and chocolate chips. The grits were authentic and I judge a restaurant in the south by its grits. The pool was narrow, but long and it is really designed for laps. But we were the only ones there, so the kids enjoyed it and we weren't in anyone's way. This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in recent times.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Dear Roamin Cajun,

It was such a pleasure to read about you and your family's impression of our hotel. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the lap pool all to yourselves...and that you loved our grits! Thanks for "I Could Live Here"....as you may know, we do have residents in our residence tower above the hotel.

Thank you for your compliments and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back often.

Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

The Mansion on Peachtree is a brand new facility - it feels new & fresh. Very cool feeling, the decor is very stylish & modern - it is amazingly kept. The staff is very friendly & helpful - The only exception would perhaps be for the restaurant of the hotel where staff seemed almost bored since the hotel seemed quite empty for some reason, hence the slow service & lack of attention.
Overall I thought my stay was wonderful & would definitely go back

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business