“Paradise”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #2 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 August 2009

From August 8, 2009 to August 13, 2009 my husband and I stayed at the Mansion on Peachtree in ATL, Ga. I decided to book this hotel based on the extraordinary presentation of the website. We were celebrating my birthday (8/11). We are from Maryland but my love for the Georgia peach led me to this 5 star hotel. Check in was a breeze. We were checked in and escorted to our room within 5-6 mins. When we pulled up to the hotel from the airport the valet service and the bell men were eager to assist us with the check in process ( my husband and I have traveled extensively and he was even shocked with the outstanding service). Our room was spotless with a large Jacuzzi style tube, private commode, clear shower doors, double sinks, flat screen TV over tub , soft carpet, desk, comfortable lounge chair, king size bed with 400 + thread count, mini bar, snacks, extra fridge, flat screen TV hidden behind wall pic (press remote picture lifts up to view TV), EXCELLENT view of ATL, beautiful curtains, and did I mention crown molding throughout (I am a stickler for details). Marble flooring in the bathroom as well as in he elevator and on the first floor. This is the type of place you have to see to believe. My husband and I didn’t want to leave!!!! Since we were celebrating my Bday milestone (25th Bday incase you were wondering) all of the employees wished me a happy Bday, I received a delicious piece of chocolate cake and a card as well ( I thought that was a nice touch). The hotel also provides traveling services. If you are going anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel you can travel in a Lexus LS with a driver at no extra charge (IT WOULD BE NICE TO TIP THE DRIVER). The Mansion on Peachtree is also located in a great neighborhood. The hotel is literally about 1min driving distance from Lennox mall, a nice Target, and a Grocery Store. It is also located near some of the finest restaurants in ATL. The hotel also has a full bar which is open nightly (except Sunday) and the hotel also has a restaurant (we did not visit the hotel’s restaurant. However, when we return we will). I must admit this hotel is the finest I have ever stayed in. I have also frequent some of NYC 5 star hotels and those do not compare to the Mansion on Peachtree. The mansion give you a close warm, almost family like feel. I felt the staff was much more personable and welcoming. I LOVED my stay and my husband and I vow to return on out next trip to A town! I must also say I have included some photos of the hotel but I think the hotel looks better in person than in the photos. The photos do not do the place justice but it can give you a general idea of what you can expect. Just remember it looks much better in person.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MstravelRN
duddydarb, Managing Director at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2009

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of our hotel. I love your comments about the details and it was really delightful to be able to be a part of making your birthday extra special. Please return often and again, Happy Birthday!

Luigi Romaniello
Managing Director
luigi.romaniello@rosewoodhotels.com

Reviewed 16 August 2009

Absolutely beautiful hotel. Beautifully decorated, large rooms. Excellent experience. Only downside - no club floor. We booked a weekend package that was $259 that gave us a $50 hotel credit (we used it in the bar) and a $40 credit for breakfast at NEO. Neo ... well we probably won't go back. Food was excellent. Service was not. The hotel provides car service for trips within 2.5 miles of hotel. We used service to go and come from dinner at MF Sushi. Great experience. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear JTHReed,

I have just read your feedback on your recent visit to The Mansion and genuinely appreciate your comments. I do apologize for the lapse in service in NEO but assure you that it has been corrected. I am delighted to know that you will be returning and hope that you will give NEO one more chance at that time.

Thank you for taking time to review us and for your wonderful compliments.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

Our family stayed for three nights after a week at the beach to do some "city stuff" and the Mansion on Peachtree was a perfect place to do so. The staff could not have been better from housekeeping, to valets to the front desk. They were always smiling, always pleasant and always available to meet our requests. From check-in to asking for extra towels to getting my car out of valet parking, there was never a wait.. The location, right across from Lenox and Phipps Plaza was excellent. I come to Atlanta about one a year and now have a home at which to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank IkoIkoIko

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed The Mansion so much and appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions with Trip Advisor. We will look forward to welcoming you back again often and again, thank you for your compliments.

Reviewed 20 July 2009

I often stay in the Buckhead area at another property, but based on the reviews here I decided to try this hotel. I purchased an escape package that included breakfast and a fifty dollar credit for two hundred twenty nine dollars on the website.

My stay here was a bit pricier than what I typically pay at nearby properties, but there are a number of things about this property that I like. The room was absolutely beautiful. It was very quiet and on the 15th floor. I had requested a high floor. The bottom part of this property is hotel and the uppermost floors are private residences. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were a lot of pillows. There were two upholstered chairs in the room, a small table between them, a desk and a desk chair. The large windows gave a nice view in the direction of both Lenox and Phipps shopping centers.

The bathroom was especially nice with a clear glass door on the large shower and a deep soaking tub. A television allows you to watch from the soaking tub or tilt it for viewing from the toilet which is in its own small room with a pocket door off the bath area. The shower has a head that can be used as a hand held and the bathroom amenities are very nice. There were two robes hanging in the bathroom and there are two sinks in the granite counter.

There is a stocked mini-bar with the usual high priced snacks and drinks. There is a granitce topped area above the built in drawers that contains a safe and a tray of other items--shoe horn, sewing kit, shoe polishing items. You can also leave your shoes out to be polished overnight.

The breakfast that came with my package could be room service or downstairs and I ordered room service. it arrived as promised and was delicious.

Valet service is thirty dollars per night and there is no self-parking. The internet fee is thirteen dollars for 24 hours. My fifty dollar credit went for these items. I did not use the spa or eat in the restaurant. I did enjoy walking around in the English garden.

This is a rather people intense place--upon arrival there must have been three gentlemen who met me, welcomed me, offered help and opened the doors. Upon entry I went to the small check-in area where once again i was welcomed by two people. My room was not ready upon arrival. i was offered a room on a lower floor that was ready but I opted to wait the fifteen minutes I was told it would take in the lounge. Once seated in the lounge I was asked if i would l ike something from the bar. I did not but a constant stream of people brought food and drinks to other guests and everything looked good. Once the room was ready I was directed to the elevators where someone welcomed me and pushed the buttons. It was a relief to finally close the door to my room. On subsequent trips in and out the hotel I was always greeted multiple times and sometimes asked if everything was to my satisfaction. Because one has to walk by reception to enter the elevators which are somewhat out of the way there is often interaction and greetings from the staff.

As a solo traveler I felt very safe, but also a bit smothered by the attention at times. In a busier property there is not so muh personal attention and interaction but this property considers itself a boutique hotel and really works to make the experience more of a personal one.

All in all I was very impressed and would stay here again. I would have preferred to have found a better price for the room, but I have no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo

Dear Solo Traveler,

Your review of The Mansion on Peachtree was very detailed and I enjoyed reading your comments. You are correct that we are a small property and our focus is on personal attention.

I was deligted to know that you would recommend us and we hope to have you return soon and often. Thank you very much for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We truly value our guests' input.

Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed here for a long weekend in a double balcony suite which was clean tidy and spacious. The service was spot on in the hotel and dinner at Craft was an absolute pleasure. We were shown the private apartments that are for sale and they were amazing.

Well done to all the staff

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of The Mansion on Peachtree with other visitors to Trip Advisor. We genuinely value our guests' input.

I'm glad to know that you had the opportunity to visit the residence tower as well as Craft Atlanta, Tom Colicchio's restaurant. I have shared your compliments of the hotel with our staff. Thank you!

We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 July 2009

My wife and I recently spent an evening at the Mansion on Peachtree and we were so pleasantly surprised. We have stayed at very nice hotels in major cities across the US and Mansion on Peachtree is honestly one of the best hotel experiences we have ever come across.

Anybody who gives this places negative marks is impossible to please. The staff is excellent and they go out of their way to help you with anything that us requested or needed.

Also, the location of the hotel in buckhead is around everything!

The gym and spa facilities are excellent and the staff is so accomodating.

If you are looking for the best place to stay in Atlanta GA. Then I must highly suggest Mansion on Peachtree.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

"Honestly", thank you for recommending us!!! We can't wait for your return and thank you for your wonderful compliments and valuable input.

Sincerey,

Reviewed 27 June 2009

I've stayed here twice - rooms are good sized, with a clean design that come with all necessary amenities. Location is great too and it's next door to Craft restaraunt which is one of the best food experience i've ever had in the US. If you stay in this hotel you i would strongly recommend you to try a burger in the bar - absolutely fantastic!

The gym is nice as well and the only downside is the restaurant where service is a bit slow and food isn't even close to Craft. I will be back for sure in the future since its a place where you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business