“Modern chic meets Restoration Hardware”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Modern chic meets Restoration Hardware”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I loved this hotel, modern, clean, very helpful staff... After a week in St Lucia it was a nice over night break back into the first world from the 3rd for an over night connection home (see my review of Anse Chastanet resort in St Lucia to understand the full feeling behind my gush about the Mansion on Peachtree) ... Those of you who know Delta and Atlanta airport, especially international arrival, can sympathize with how refreshing it is to deal with such a professional luxury hotel as The Mansion. Everything I could want or need was met with appropriate conciseness. The Turkish bellman was just the right amount of helpful and considerate without being intrusive or over friendly. I did have dinner in room which, while perfect, was slightly over priced considering the local competition in Buckhead, and even for a hotel of this caliper. The room was lovely, Restoration hardware chic, in muted greys and off whites... I would stay here again if ever I found myself in Atlanta (though I will not, even over my dead body, fly Delta again or connect in the dreadful airport )

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank JoshuaSims

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
knoxville tennessee
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I had originally made reservations at the downtown Ritz for a special anniversary weekend without our kids. I wanted to stay closer to the Fox theater to see Phantom of the Opera. On a prior visit to Atlanta, I had stayed at the Buckhead Ritz on the club level and really enjoyed my stay. However, after reading a string of bad reviews, and consistantly reading great reviews of the Mansion, I cancelled and rebooked with the Mansion. I am so glad I did! We weren't familiar with the Rosewood brand, we have come away from our stay hooked! We had the "sense of stay" package, 3rd night of visit free.

I thought for the quality of the room it was an excellent value. We had a king deluxe room on the 12th floor. We arrived on a Thursday and the hotel seemed very quiet, like we were the only ones there. The style is elegant, modern art deco. The hotel was much busier during the weekend for the 4th of July. But, since it is a smaller boutique property it never seemed crowded. On arrival to our room we had a wonderful tiramusu dessert and note from the manager. The room was spotless, elegant, luxurious. It felt more like a suite with a nice sitting area. I loved the soaking tub, flat screen tv, walk in marble shower. The bed and linens were wonderful. We liked the privacy light and the make up room button by the door. I liked the bose radio, but ours didn't have an ipod dock. We didn't have the special cord to play my ipod. The turn down service with soft music made us feel special. The spa was wonderful. I had a massage, manicure and pedicure. I would recommend arriving an hour before your appt. to enjoy the whirlpool, showers, sitting areas, glass of wine.

We ate twice in Neo and were very impressed. I loved the English garden view, unrushed ambiance. I had the spinach quiche with berries, crossiants. Then I had brioche french toast with berries, chicken sausage the 2nd day. We walked next door to the corner bakery for breakfast and had a breakfast pannini and special welcoming hugs from the grandma (? )manager. We ate in Craftbar for dinner one night. Though expensive, I enjoyed my crab chowder and salmon. My husband had steak. He thought it was too small when they brought it out but ended up enjoying it. I had blackberry, peach and lime sorbet. The concierge set up reservations for Ecco the night we saw Phantom. I loved the white sangria, fried goat cheese, and taglianni pasta. My husband enjoyed his redfish. We walked from the restaurant to the Fox theater.

We walked from the hotel to Phipps plaza to shop and see a movie. One night we walked several blocks, enjoying the summer night, to Sambuca for live music and dinner in the bar. I had peach mango martinis and beer battered fish tacos. We enjoyed a nightcap in the Mansion bar on our return. I enjoyed a rose martini and a small choc mousse dessert. The bartender was apologizing for the small size, but it was perfect. We spent one afternoon at the Atlanta history museum. They have an impressive cival war exhibit and an interesting olympic exhibit. We toured the Swan house. It was an interesting, beautiful 1920's mansion. It reminded me of the mansion in the movie Atonement.

I would highly recommend the Mansion for those that appreciate a higher level of customer service, attention to detail, luxury. It is perfect for special occasions. We came away feeling pampered and well treated. We really didn't want to leave!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your visit to The Mansion. I am sharing it with the staff at our weekly staff meeting and the managers will be sure it is shared with their department employees. We will look forward to having you back again and hope that it will be soon and often.

Again, thank you very much for your wonderful compliments of our hotel and staff.

Reviewed 26 June 2010

Like a good steak at the Morton's across the street, The Mansion on Peachtree is simplistic yet excellent, no sauces required. It is elegant yet not flashy. Rather, it has a simple, classy elegance with top birds service and amenities. If you're looking for flashy and overly opulent, go elsewhere (i.e. The W). The Guestrooms are HUGE, with really high ceilings, heavenly beds, and a TV concealed by faux artwork, just to name a few. The bathroom is also really big and includes a TV, large tub, and an amazing shower along with anything else you could possibly want. The pool is nice, and the health club is fantastic and very relaxing, as is the Spa. It's prime Buckhead address walking distance to Lenox mall also adds to the experience. Finally, it is a good value for what you get when compared to other hotels of its caliber. For $259/night, we got free valet parking and $40 included to NEO for breakfast, which has excellent food and impeccable service (at least for breakfast). They also put us on the 15th floor which we requested, and brought us a complementary Coke and some chocolate sweets. The only downside to the entire hotel is that we didn't like the chocolates they brought. I have been to many Atlanta hotels, and this is definitely the best!!!

• Stayed July 2010
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
Thank you, thank you! Your review was a great way to start the day this morning and it will be shared with our staff at our weekly meeting.

Looking forward to having you return soon and often!

Regards,

Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We've traveled pretty extensively as a couple and I'll have thank my hubby for researching and picking this hotel. We celebrated our anniversary here this past weekend and can't say enough good things about the hotel.

The service was excellent and personable.
Everyone was very helpful and all our needs were attended to promptly and professionally.

We had a relaxing staycation and would definitely come back to visit. Highly recommended. Nice touch to our anniversary - got a personal note from the Hotel Manager and a dessert.

If you are someone who is very "high maintenance" and "pampered", this is definitely the place for you. While we are not high maintenance people, we sometimes felt like we were "watched" and "attended to" every second, which is to be expected at a boutique hotel. Nothing negative about it - we got used to it after a while as this is to be expected at this caliber establishment.

If you are not very high maintenance like us, then enjoy a few days being pampered and just go with the flow.

The style of this hotel may not be for everyone - but my husband and I absolutely LOVE it because it fits our taste of modern, simplistic lines, dark wood/silver/marble type decor. It's more architectural but the English garden courtyard gives it a nice romantic approach.

The best part of this hotel is that it is an intimate boutique hotel. Same level of service, if not better, than the Ritz. However, as huge as the Ritz resorts are, you can sometimes get overlooked. Not at the Mansion.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 21 June 2010
Dear chilihead007,

Just finished reading your terrific review of The Mansion and can't wait to share it with the staff. We love having our "special occasion" guests with us and being able to contribute to making it extra memorable. Thank you for your feedback and support. We will look forward to your return.

Sincerely ,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I booked the Mansion far in advance for my wedding night and was certainly not disappointed. I showed up in person to take a tour and potentially make a reservation and the staff was very helpful and willing to show me the entire hotel, including one of the balcony rooms. When I told the front desk staff that I was making the reservation for our wedding night, they happily upgraded me on the spot from the standard room to the same balcony room I toured just minutes before.

The entire facility is very classy and not "stuffy" in the least. Everything is super clean and intelligently decorated. I was concerned about this hotel being overly ornate and cheesy, but it is the opposite. The balcony room is very spacious with an enormous bathroom. The shower is separate with a glass enclosure and beautiful tile throughout. Granite/marble countertops and a sunken tub complete with a great view of the city are the highlights -- you get a small television in the bathroom as well! The room itself is quite large with a decent sitting area and plenty of luggage space. Bed is fantastic, probably the best part of the room with great sheets and a luxurious comforter. The Bose Wave radio is a nice touch in the room which was topped off by a nice view of the W hotel's rooftop pool across the street.

Service at the Mansion is awesome. We arrived hot and tired after a midday outdoor wedding, complete with a huge bag of food and cake from the reception in tow. I asked the staff to refrigerate the bag, they happily obliged. They also asked us all about our day and seemed interested in having us as guests, not just trudging through their workday with a bad attitude like at some hotels.

The Mansion is a great choice for special occasions considering the Romance package is part of your stay. You receive a bottle of champagne, a plate of candy, a breakfast for two at NEO and tealights in the room, all accentuated with rose petals sprinkled around the room. The hotel will provide all of this as a turndown service while you are out for dinner, so it's a perfect surprise for an unsuspecting wife. :) We opted to have room service instead of the restaurant breakfast due to time constraints, so be prepared to use the $40 breakfast allowance as a credit on a room service version that will likely be around $75.

I highly recommend the Mansion for any reason, but especially for a special event. The service, accomodations, facilities and grounds are all top-notch. It's a true gem in Buckhead and should definitely be on your list for high-end hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear phhiNole,

First, once again, congratulations on your recent marriage! We were excited to have you with us on such a super special evening and thank you for sharing your Mansion on Peachtree experience on TripAdvisor for others to see.

We will look forward to having you back and hopefully for sure for your first anniversary!

Regards,

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2010

My husband and I treated ourselves and my sister and her boyfriend to a stay at this fabulous hotel, and it exceeded my expectations! Everyone who knows me calls me a "hotel snob", so when a luxury hotel is all the things I hope for and more, that says alot. The staff treats you like royalty all while being friendly and down to earth but very professional. The rooms are very nice, having a great layout that makes luggage and clothing easy to access but out of the way of the bedroom! The bathrooms are very roomy, have two sinks on a large counter, a huge soaking tub, and a very large shower, which make this room stand out from many other luxury hotels. We stayed in a standard room, so I can only imagine how nice the higher level rooms must be if this standard level is so fabulous! The hotel decor and layout is beautiful, tasteful and very comfortable. So many great areas to sit and relax it was hard to choose which area to be in. After settling in the bar, it was such an enjoyable experience that we chose to eat in there and were very happy with the quality of the food. Everything we ordered was excellent along with great and friendly service which was also the case at Neo for breakfast. I have stayed at many hotels, including many of the latest trendy places, in Atlanta. This was the one hotel that I didn't want to leave to go drink or dine in someplace else - I was happy to stay there and enjoy all the things this hotel has to offer!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 1 June 2010
Dear Felecia,

Many thanks for your fabulous compliments of The Mansion on Peachtree...especially the ones about the staff. I am so proud of our team who are so awesomely committed to our guests and ensureing that they have a wonderful stay. We will look forward to having you back again.

Kind regards,

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We spent two nights at the Mansion at Peachtree to celebrate our anniversary. A big reason for picking this hotel was the reviews on this site. Stayed in a premiere room with evening of romance package. This included chocolates, rose petal turndown service and daily breakfast. The chocolates included chocolate covered round cheesecakes which were great.
The room itself was big and the bathroom was huge. One of the best beds I've slept in. The TV hidden behind a retractable picture was pretty cool too. Came back each night to find the bed turned down, the Bose Wave radio playing softly and even candles ready to be lit. Did have to pay daily for internet access and the in room mini-bar was very overpriced but you are in a luxury hotel.
We did the touch of mineral spa treatment (Hot stone massage) and were able to get a couples room. A very good massage and better yet, didn't get the hard sell to buy products at the end.
Our only meals were two breakfasts, which were ok but not the reason to go there.
Overall, a fantastic experience with superb service. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 27 May 2010
Dear AuburnCW,

We especially love having guests stay with us for special occasions and thank you for your feedback on your anniversary visit. Hopefully you will return again soon and often...our staff is waiting to welcome you back any time.