“Outstanding Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Blythewood, South Carolina
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We stayed there for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. The room was large, luxurious and beautifully appointed. Turn down service every night with complimentary water and ice.

Every member of staff was courteous, friendly, they went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable.

Another part of the hotel service is a house car that will take you and pick you up anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. Great service, never had to wait long, and very convenient! GREAT JOB PATRICK.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definately be returning.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 4 August 2010
I enjoy reading all of the reviews posted in TripAdvisor and thank you for your compliments of the hotel and staff. I will make sure that Patrick, our driver, sees your review and your compliments of him.

We will be anxiously awaiting your return and hopefully it will be soon and often.

Luigi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights and were upgraded to a superior room on arrival, even though we later learned the hotel was fully booked. The room was large, luxurious and beautifully appointed, with an incredibly comfortable, enormous bed and a flat screen TV in the bathroom! Every night when we returned it had been fully turned down with complimentary water provided along with fresh ice in the ice bucket - we travel in America a lot, including Las Vegas, and this level of service (at this price range) is definitely not the norm. Every member of staff we dealt with was courteous, friendly and helpful.

Another perk that my fiance particularly appreciated was the free internet access in the business centre. Usually hotels charge a small fortune (by the minute!) for internet access, and so again this was a nice touch that added to the luxury of the place.

The Mansion is ideally situated in the Buckhead suburb of Atlanta, home to a variety of bars, restaurants and a fantastic shopping mall (5 mins walk from the hotel). Another part of the hotel service is a house car that will take you (and pick you up again) anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel (on a first come, first serve basis). We used this twice - great service, never had to wait long, luxurious and very convenient!

There is also a Marta train station 5 minutes walk the other way which will take you into downtown Atlanta - we used this frequently during our stay and found it to be clean, safe and reliable, though the trains aren't as frequent as you might expect - we sometimes waited 15-20 mins.

We didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on this. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and I really can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Well done Mansion!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Such a pleasure to read your review of The Mansion! We love having our international guests with us and thank you very much for your comments. I'm also pleased that you enjoyed using our lovely Business Center which is complimentary, as you know, and open at all times.

We will look forward to your return visits and thank you again taking the time to submit your wonderful review.

Luigi
San Jose, California
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This is hands-down the most luxurious hotel I've had the pleasure of staying at in many years. The service was top notch from booking the room till checking out at the end of my stay. Not only was the front desk able to provide me with early check-in due to my early travel schedule, but they also graciously upgraded my room. The rooms were incredibly comfortable and spacious, and most importantly...CLEAN (I'm very OCD and love the extreme cleaniliness). I've suffer from insomnia, and I can honestly say that I've gotten the best night's sleep in many years. Thanks "Mansion" for a memorable stay. I definitely will book you for future visits.

p.s. - They've a top notch Scotch collection at the bar!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 27 July 2010
Your comments about the hotel and especially the cleanliness and the bed were very interesting and rewarding. I was so pleased to read that you had such a wonderful night's sleep and hope you will continue to return often to enjoy the experience. I have also made certain that our housekeeping department enjoys your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel as they are truly a fabulous team.

Thank you very much for completing our comment card and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Luigi Romaniello
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My husband and I recently stayed here for our anniversary. We live in the Atlanta suburbs and wanted to enjoy a weekend intown. We LOVED this hotel! The service is impeccable - the staff knows your name and makes every effort to ensure you are happy. When we arrived, the clerk upgraded us to a suite with a balcony, and the staff gave us a complimentary dessert for the special occasion. The bathroom was huge, and the bed was very comfy. I got a massage at the spa and it was fabulous. I would like to go back for a girls spa getaway. My husband and I enjoyed drinks at the bar and were impressed with the bar staff. We had dinner at Craft and breakfast at Neo - all around a great weekend. Thanks for making this such a special trip. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Wow! Great comments....thank you for taking the time to pass them along to the TripAdvisor readers. We're so proud of our "joint" and hope you will return often....and stop by for a glass of lemonade any time!

Thanks again.

Luigi Romaniello
Georgia
Reviewed 20 July 2010

This is my favorite joint in the town. Compared to some of the other five star chains, this place is a much better value for the money. The thing that keeps bringing me back Is their homemade lemonade, which is just beyond words. Their bathrooms are totally sweet with a nice deep tub and a TV!! Service is quick, professional, and very friendly.
Only beef I had was because I posted cash instead of using plastic my checkout process took just a bit longer then it should've. Really yummy breakfast too.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I have stayed here in the past and it was great. But this time was horribly different!!! I booked weeks in advance over the telephone with the hotel directly to book the romantic package for my wife and I on a special occasion. This packaged included a romantic bed turndown with rose petals and champagne. The day prior to arrival a representative emailed me confirming the time for turn down on my second night of the stay etc etc.
When my wife and I arrived on friday night the receptionist promptly asked me about the special turn down service in front of my wife, somewhat cluelessly that it should be a romantic surprise. But that wasn't a problem, NEXT came the surprise the manager appeared and told us he was sorry but they did not have a room for us that night that they had overbooked FIVE reservations too many that night!!! They put us up in the Four Seasons in Atlanta but the Four Seasons in Atlanta is in a not as diserable location and is quite dated therefore is not in any league with not only The Mansions but any of a couple of hotels directly across the street from The Mansions.
The next day we were able to check in and to be fair the manager did upgrade us to a room with a balcony, but that night when we came back from a romantic dinner and the rose petals were laid out they had FORGOTTEN the Champagne!!!!!!
We have traveled all over the world and stayed in many hotes and never had such a horrible experience with any hotel but much less such a supposedly nice hotel.
You will be better off staying at either The Intercontinental, The Ritz in buckhead or The Grand Hyatt.

4 Thank thomasmain44
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
Dear Mr. Main, After reading your review today I was extremely upset about the situation you described. What you experienced is certainly not in keeping with what The Mansion on Peachtree stands for and is about. I will be contacting you direct to further discuss what happened. In the meantime, please know that we are truly sorry for ruining your romantic weekend and I look forward to discussing it with you shortly.

Luigi Romaniello, Managing Director
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I have stayed at the Mansion on Peachtree on multiple occasions prior....I am a senior officer for one of the top 3 financial institution globally. I experienced some unusual / non-typical issues with my corp card this week and the assistant desk manager was requesting to immeditally provide my personal card or was being requested to leave....they actually sent someone up to my room to remove the wet bar to ensure i did not charge anything while this was happening. Talk about southern hosipitality ...they never came back to replace the wetbar after my personal card was presented ....they did appololige.... (the assistant desk manager was a nice person and tried to assist ) but the damage was already done....I highly recomend to avoid. this hotel.....At least a comp or something of an formal appology would have been expected....Highly recomend to pleasently book some where else in the neighborhood...They made me feel like I a bum off the street trying to scam them...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank cauter
Thank you very much for bringing this unusual incident to our attention. This is obviously very concerning and I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. I would like to also have the opportunity to discuss what occurred in more specifics. As I do not have your contact information, I would appreciate it if you would contact me at the hotel main number, 404-995-7500 at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for your candid feedback.