“FRIENDLIEST, Most Comfortable, BEST STAFF, Great decor!!”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greenville, South Carolina
“FRIENDLIEST, Most Comfortable, BEST STAFF, Great decor!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We stayed her labor day weekend and I will never stay at another hotel in ATL again! I found the place I will always return when we go there! Everything was exceptional...the food, service, staff, amenities, shower, bath, bed, bar, furniture comfort, EVERYTHING1 Could not find one thing wrong! The staff was REAL and friendly. They were not snobby like most high end hotels! Everyone was helpful. My husband is messy with his clothes and when we came home after an evening out...the turn down house keeper folded all his clothes neatly and neatened up our toiletries too! Now I want to go to more Rosewood resorts!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Wow! Loved your feedback but most of all that you will not stay anywhere else in Atlanta! How great is that!!

On behalf of the entire staff here at The Mansion, thank you!. See you again soon, we hope.

Luigi Romaniello

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 9 September 2010

My wife and I missed our flight out of Stl to Atl. This was our 3rd wedding anniversary and we were planning on being at the hotel on a friday night. I had arranged a car to pick us up at the airport. There were going to be roses, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. When we realized that we were not going to make our flight friday I called the hotel. I had booked one of their double balcony suites. They said they would not charge me for the room but could keep my reservation for the rest of the weekend. They also arranged for the car to pick us up in the morning and have the roses and amenities available in the room once ready the next day. I had been talking to the concierge Barry and Beatriz the week prior to our trip. They had worked hard to confirm reservations at restaurants and arranging the room. Calling them was easy because they already knew what I needed. (side note: it is very easy to communicate with this hotel through their guest preference form and email. A followup phone call is important to make sure there are no loose ends).

Once we arrived in Atl, the car was waiting for us. We got to the hotel early and our room was ready to get into. The front desk was very warm in greeting us and wished us a happy anniversary. The bellman, Stephan, arranged our luggage in the room. He was around most of our stay and welcomed us everytime we saw him.

The double balcony suite is everything you could hope it would be. With the breakfast package it was very affordable compared to other hotels in this class. The room had a painting that hides the television, power blinds, tvs in the main room, bathroom and bedroom. The balconies were spacious with patio furniture. Excellent lighting throughout the suite.

The hotel also offers a complimentary Lexus car service to take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius assuming it is available when you ask. When we came down ready to get a car or cab the front desk staff was terrific in allowing us to waiting in the seating area and finding us when our transportation was available.

The hotel also offered turn down service which was great because the room was clean and ready to go to sleep and night. On our first night the hotel manager left a personalized note and a dessert for us. This really personalized the trip for us.

The spa services offered were complete and luxurious. The staff at the spa made it obvious that anything they could do to make your spa treatment and gym experience better, they wanted to know about it. I had a manicure and pedicure and sports massage. My wife had a facial and hot stone massage. We both enjoyed our time there.

The point is this. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons. Though the Mansion and these other luxury hotels offer the same servies and are very service oriented, the Mansion staff made you feel like you were the most important guest they have. My wife and I will never forget this anniversary. Thank you Mansion at Peachtree.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
To our "anniversary couple", a very special thank you for relaying your story to the TripAdvisor readers. I will be relaying it to our staff along with my thanks and congratulations to them for an outstanding job. Our Honeymoon, Anniversary and Birthday guests are super special to us and knowing that we were able to turn a potentially unhappy situation around truly makes our jobs worth while. Thank you again and we will look forward to your return.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Our stay at the Mansion put us in the unusual position of actually NEEDING some of the wonderful services they provide. From pressing my wrinkled clothing at midnight to one of the most spacious bathrooms I have ever encountered (for a standard room), this hotel oozes comfort and understated elegance. The staff is always eager to help in an way humanly possible, and the room service menu is one of the greatest I have seen. Add to that the great Buckhead location!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 18 August 2010
Dear MiamiMon, Great to know that you had services you "needed" and that we accommodated each one! We love being able to provide all the services and amenities we possibly can to assure that every guest has the utmost experience. Thank you for your great review!

NYC
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Stayed at The Mansion for two nights on business. Lives up to high standard of any Rosewood Hotel. Fine service, comfortable room, solid food. Location in Buckhead is quite good, across from a mall and plenty of other restaurants. Great for business travelers - not sure if I'd bring my family here for vacation.

Positives:
* Enjoyed indoor swimming pool. Perfect temperature to sneak in a quick swim before/after work. I had the pool to myself in the morning and night. You do have to take a couple elevators to get there, but not a big deal. Simple two lane lap pool, so good for exercise, less appropriate for recreational use.
* Breakfast was excellent. Ordered room service in the morning, which was prompt and delicious. Eggs and grits were great.
* Room was clean, comfortable bed. No complaints. Easy stay.

Negatives.
* Taxi wait was a bit long to get out.
* TV was a bit slow to operate/navigate.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 13 August 2010
I'm very please and impressed with your clear and concise review of The Mansion on Peachtree and your experience with us. Thank you for your input and we look forward to youir return.

Newnan
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Everyone at The Mansion on Peachtree Rd. made us feel welcome. The entire staff was very genuine in character. The rooms were beautiful. We felt special on our 15th Anniversary with a special dessert and personal note of congratulations in our room from the Hotel Manager - Luigi Romaniello. Our breakfast at the Neo was excellent. The spa was so relaxing and beautiful. I even had complimentary makeup before going to dinner. She made me look 10 years younger. They provide limousine service to their customers which made our stay so easy to go to dinner and then dancing. A wonderful hotel - BEAUTIFUL, LUXURIOUS ROOMS. We will definately return and recommend the hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 11 August 2010
Congratulations again on your 15th anniversary! And thank you so much for selecting The Mansion to be a part of the occasion. We appreciate you and your feedback.

Regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I recently stayed at the Mansion on Peachtree Hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday. We have stayed at several Ritz Carlton properties in the states and in the islands. The Mansion at Peachtree fiercly competes with the Ritz's service and quality. Guests are greeted from the time the bell and valet staff open your car door. Check in was quick and efficient and I can't say enought about the rooms! Each room comes equipped with a door bell and electronic "do not disturb" notification which can be seen outside of the room. The room itself as well as the bathroom was spotless!! Turndown service is offered without request and how they know you've left your room I don't know? My husband and I had somewhat late dinner reservations and our room was turned down when we got back with the bathroom refreshed and replenished with new towels.

There were three light settings offered near the bedside as well as on the wall closer to the entry. The three options were Scenes 1, 2, and 3 which basically allowed for dimming with each button. The most unique feature of the room is the flat screen television which is hidden behind/in a picture frame above the desk area and directly across from the bed. The bell person who helped us to the room showed us all the features (lights, bose sound system, bathroom with a TV, etc.) then got to the main television. He picked up a slim remote which had an up and down arrow which raised the inset of the picture to reveal the television. One of the coolest things I've ever seen!

Room service was quick and the food was execellent! Because we had late dinner reservations we ordered the Artisinal Cheese Plate to snack on before dinner. It came with a small salad, grapes, different cheeses, crackers, and 2 different compotes. The delivery time was estimated at about 25 minutes and the arrived in about 15 minutes. When I called, the attendant immediately wished me a happy birthday! I told her it was my husband's birthday but thanked her all the same. When the tray arrived, room service included a nicely decorated cup of white and milk chocolate mousse on top of brownie a happy birthday greeting and a card for my husband. I thought it was a really nice touch!

The hotel also offers complimentary Lexus car service to restaurants/shops within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. When we were ready for dinner we called down a few minutes before and only had to wait about 5-10 minutes for the car. The car is made available on a first come first serve basis but still an accommodating amenity to ofer. It was lovely quick ride to the restuarant and we didn't have to worry about gettting our car from the valet or navigating through traffic.

It was quick overnight trip but very comfortable and relaxing. Again, the service at the Mansion on Peachtree was impeccable! I enjoyed the hotel just as much and I think even more than the Ritz Carltons we've visited and will definitely return when I have another opportunity! Thank you for the wonderful service and helping me celebrate my husband's birthday!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 August 2010
Dear "Charlotte" NC,

I just want to thank you for the time you took to write such a long and wonderful review. I also appreciate your attention to the details of service that we provide and the way that you described them. I feel that it will be helpful to readers of TripAdvisor reviews of our hotel.

It is such a pleasure to learn from guests about their experiences with us and I always make certain that these reviews are shared with our staff. Your's will be shared at our weekly department meeting on Thursday.

Again, thank you very much and we will look foward to welcoming you back again. It was a pleasure to have you with us on your special occasion!

Key West
Reviewed 7 August 2010

My partner and I spent two nights at this hotel recently........passing through Atlanta for the weekend to do some shopping. Our flight into Atlanta was cancelled so we arrived on a later flight and arrived at the hotel on a Friday evening around 9:50 pm. The valet was our first employee encounter and I knew right away this was going to be a really nice stay. At check-in the front desk person was very professional and kind knowing we had had a long day. We ask her what time Craft, the hotel restaurant closed - she indicated 10 pm but told us she would call the restaurant to let them know we were on our way and allow us to have dinner - way beyond the call of duty but very much appreciated. The hotel is beautiful and the accomodations are very nice..........a luxury hotel for me is a great bed, quiet room and wonderful staff...........this is a luxury hotel. Getting back to the staff I would like to thank the general manager - he or she has to be European trained in the hotel business..................they have done an incredible job of finding and training a wonderful group of people...................oh.........one other thing ...the hostess in the breakfast restaurant is the sweetest most delightful young lady you will ever encounter.......if you stay here you must have breakfast because if she is on duty............she will make your day.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
Realizing how tireing and frustrating travel can be, especially when encountering flight delays, I'm so please to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and relaxed. While I am European, I have to say that the staff selection and training is completely a team effort and we are extremely proud of each one of them. Thanks so much for the time you took to create this review. Our staff will certainly enjoy reading it! Come back soon!!!