“Favorite place to stay in Atlanta!”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #4 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here last weekend for his birthday. We are frequent visitors to the Ritz and most recently to the St Regis. The Mansion tops them all. The location is perfect. The hotel itself is elegant and private. The staff were quite exceptional. Their attention to detail magnificent. Our room was quite large and the bathroom was very roomy. And don't forget the spa services-- so glad I got to enjoy a relaxing facial for my husband's birthday!
We will definitely stay here in the future!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2010

Your review was terrific and I loved the comment about you enjoying a facial in the spa for your husband's birthday! Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor readers. We appreciate it!

Reviewed 18 September 2010

Stayed at the hotel for two nights. This is a first class hotel. The spa is wonderful. The staff is awesome. The service was first class. The rooms are very clean and modern. the bathroom is a ladies dream with so much room. If you want to stay somewhere that makes you feel appreciated this is the place to be. Breakfast was great. I cannot remember the young ladies name that greats you for breakfast, but she was a joy. She was very friendly and made everyone feel welcome. Our experience was great and yours will be to.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Your review was wonderful and we appreciate so much the feedback. I am very proud of our staff as we constantly receive unbelievable comments about them. Thank you for your input and for sharing it with TripAdvisor. We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2010

From our arrival and initial contact with the bellman, valet and checkin, I knew this place was 1st class! During our entire stay, we were treated like royalty and the entire staff was so very professional, warm and friendly! We were there for three days and each night we returned to our room, it truly felt like we were returning to a home. The cleaning staffs attention to detail was remarkable and everything about our room was uber luxurious. The craft restaurant was a tad overpriced ( I had the sea scallops which no kidding melted in my mouth they were cooked to such perfection so I would pay again for this).you're very likely to see a few celebs in there if you go on the right night. If you want to dine on a weekend evening be sure to make reservations...we didn't but they accommodated us because we were there just as dinner was starting around 500pm...we have stayed at almost every luxe Atlanta hotel and the mansion has ultimately become my fave! Good job! Keep up the good work!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review. I loved your description of the scallops! We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2010

We stayed her labor day weekend and I will never stay at another hotel in ATL again! I found the place I will always return when we go there! Everything was exceptional...the food, service, staff, amenities, shower, bath, bed, bar, furniture comfort, EVERYTHING1 Could not find one thing wrong! The staff was REAL and friendly. They were not snobby like most high end hotels! Everyone was helpful. My husband is messy with his clothes and when we came home after an evening out...the turn down house keeper folded all his clothes neatly and neatened up our toiletries too! Now I want to go to more Rosewood resorts!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

Wow! Loved your feedback but most of all that you will not stay anywhere else in Atlanta! How great is that!!

On behalf of the entire staff here at The Mansion, thank you!. See you again soon, we hope.

Luigi Romaniello

Reviewed 9 September 2010

My wife and I missed our flight out of Stl to Atl. This was our 3rd wedding anniversary and we were planning on being at the hotel on a friday night. I had arranged a car to pick us up at the airport. There were going to be roses, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. When we realized that we were not going to make our flight friday I called the hotel. I had booked one of their double balcony suites. They said they would not charge me for the room but could keep my reservation for the rest of the weekend. They also arranged for the car to pick us up in the morning and have the roses and amenities available in the room once ready the next day. I had been talking to the concierge Barry and Beatriz the week prior to our trip. They had worked hard to confirm reservations at restaurants and arranging the room. Calling them was easy because they already knew what I needed. (side note: it is very easy to communicate with this hotel through their guest preference form and email. A followup phone call is important to make sure there are no loose ends).

Once we arrived in Atl, the car was waiting for us. We got to the hotel early and our room was ready to get into. The front desk was very warm in greeting us and wished us a happy anniversary. The bellman, Stephan, arranged our luggage in the room. He was around most of our stay and welcomed us everytime we saw him.

The double balcony suite is everything you could hope it would be. With the breakfast package it was very affordable compared to other hotels in this class. The room had a painting that hides the television, power blinds, tvs in the main room, bathroom and bedroom. The balconies were spacious with patio furniture. Excellent lighting throughout the suite.

The hotel also offers a complimentary Lexus car service to take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius assuming it is available when you ask. When we came down ready to get a car or cab the front desk staff was terrific in allowing us to waiting in the seating area and finding us when our transportation was available.

The hotel also offered turn down service which was great because the room was clean and ready to go to sleep and night. On our first night the hotel manager left a personalized note and a dessert for us. This really personalized the trip for us.

The spa services offered were complete and luxurious. The staff at the spa made it obvious that anything they could do to make your spa treatment and gym experience better, they wanted to know about it. I had a manicure and pedicure and sports massage. My wife had a facial and hot stone massage. We both enjoyed our time there.

The point is this. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons. Though the Mansion and these other luxury hotels offer the same servies and are very service oriented, the Mansion staff made you feel like you were the most important guest they have. My wife and I will never forget this anniversary. Thank you Mansion at Peachtree.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

To our "anniversary couple", a very special thank you for relaying your story to the TripAdvisor readers. I will be relaying it to our staff along with my thanks and congratulations to them for an outstanding job. Our Honeymoon, Anniversary and Birthday guests are super special to us and knowing that we were able to turn a potentially unhappy situation around truly makes our jobs worth while. Thank you again and we will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 August 2010

Our stay at the Mansion put us in the unusual position of actually NEEDING some of the wonderful services they provide. From pressing my wrinkled clothing at midnight to one of the most spacious bathrooms I have ever encountered (for a standard room), this hotel oozes comfort and understated elegance. The staff is always eager to help in an way humanly possible, and the room service menu is one of the greatest I have seen. Add to that the great Buckhead location!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

Dear MiamiMon, Great to know that you had services you "needed" and that we accommodated each one! We love being able to provide all the services and amenities we possibly can to assure that every guest has the utmost experience. Thank you for your great review!

Reviewed 11 August 2010

Stayed at The Mansion for two nights on business. Lives up to high standard of any Rosewood Hotel. Fine service, comfortable room, solid food. Location in Buckhead is quite good, across from a mall and plenty of other restaurants. Great for business travelers - not sure if I'd bring my family here for vacation.

Positives:
* Enjoyed indoor swimming pool. Perfect temperature to sneak in a quick swim before/after work. I had the pool to myself in the morning and night. You do have to take a couple elevators to get there, but not a big deal. Simple two lane lap pool, so good for exercise, less appropriate for recreational use.
* Breakfast was excellent. Ordered room service in the morning, which was prompt and delicious. Eggs and grits were great.
* Room was clean, comfortable bed. No complaints. Easy stay.

Negatives.
* Taxi wait was a bit long to get out.
* TV was a bit slow to operate/navigate.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
ManagerRosewood, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

I'm very please and impressed with your clear and concise review of The Mansion on Peachtree and your experience with us. Thank you for your input and we look forward to youir return.