“GREAT ZOO ESPECIALLY FOR KIDS”
Review of Zoo Atlanta

Ranked #17 of 289 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This extraordinary zoo, one of the oldest in the U.S., underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in the 1980s and is still expanding. Its landscaping replicates the natural habitats of the numerous animals, some of which are endangered species. Four panda bears from China delight the crowds, and groups of gorillas separated by moats do their own share of entertaining.
Bracebridge, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“GREAT ZOO ESPECIALLY FOR KIDS”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We attended the ATLANTA ZOO on a chilly day - so chilly that we received 1/2 price admission as several of the animals were not out.- a great public relations move. Despite that we had a great day with 3 kids under age 4. There was lots to do including a carousel and a short train ride. The PANDAS were certainly the hit of the day and the gorillas were not far behind. We missed elephants and Giraffes but there was still plenty to see and enjoy . Free easy parking starts the day and the concessions were reasonably priced and good !! ( way better than the big attractions in Orlando !! ) The zoo is well laid out with easy to follow signage / maps . If we lived in Atlanta we would be season ticket holders for sure

3 Thank lobobucs

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Lilburn, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Pandas and more!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Everyone knows Zoo Atlanta has pandas and believe me, they are worth the visit all by themselves! But the zoo has so many more animals to see. The gorilla exhibit is always a treat. The zoo holds several families of gorillas with excellent viewing in a natural habitat. This fall I had the opportunity to see a baby black rhino, a baby orangutan, and several baby gorillas. There are opportunities to feed a couple of the animals (I highly recommend the giraffe feeding) for a small fee. They are building a new, much needed herpetarium to house the "creepy, crawlies". The walking paths are beautifully lined with foliage, providing much needed shade. I have never eaten at the little snack shops spread throughout the zoo, but I have eaten at the big restaurant, and I like it! The prices are not exorbitant and their is a good selection of food. The zoo is spread out, so I would definitely recommend strollers or wagons for young ones.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cmac1101
Atlanta, GA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Our Zoo”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Good not great. The Gorilla, Orangeutang & Panda exhibits are the highlights in my opinion. The elephant pen is way too small & make me sad to see the elephants rocking back & forth in boredom. Good family experience with easy parking.

1 Thank Lorrie D
Marietta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great Zoo, and they are always improving”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have had a season pass for the Zoo 3 years in a row. This is a great deal because most of the fees are tax deductible. You get gift shop and concession discounts with membership as well. The zoo is a clean, and has many updates. They are adding some new exhibits in the upcoming year as well. They recently added the area to view and feed the giraffes. The Panda exhibit is wonderful too. The zoo is hilly though, so be prepared. They do offer wheel chair, stroller and motorized cart rental. Boo at the Zoo is a must in October. All the fun off the zoo with tricker treating, costumes, and a party off the kids. Get there before the park opens to ensure parking or you will be waiting and fighting for a spot.

Visited October 2013
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great place for kids”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I took my nephews to the zoo who were visiting from out of the country.They seemed to enjoy it immensely.I saw a great deal of animals and birds for the first time,and that was pretty cool too.However,I may be a bit biased about my overall experience.I have seen animals in their natural habitat on several occasions, and seeing animals in a zoo pales in comparison.It was a great outing nonetheless.