“Fun + Pandas = Awesome”

Ranked #16 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This extraordinary zoo, one of the oldest in the U.S., underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in the 1980s and is still expanding. Its landscaping replicates the natural habitats of the numerous animals, some of which are endangered species. Four panda bears from China delight the crowds, and groups of gorillas separated by moats do their own share of entertaining.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Zoo Atlanta is awesome. So much craftsmanship in the displays. Such a variety of animals. It is not listed as one of the top ten zoos in the country, but you could have fooled me. We spent almost 30 minutes watching one of the baby twin pandas playing with his mother. Images and memories that will last a lifetime. The only reason the zoo did not garner 5 circles are three reasons: 1. I know there is a drought, but I would have liked to have seen more running water in the displays. 2. There was a show at 2pm at the Elder's Tree Theater, but by then we were at the petting zoo with no way to get there except by walking all the way around and then back. You really need some sort of cut-through to get from one side to the other without having to traverse the entire park. 3. There was not much food choices in the park. I was especially disappointed when I went into the Wild Planet Cafe which had a Chinese theme only to find burgers, hot dogs and chicken strips. Bummer. Other than those three minor items, the zoo is a great place for a visit. One question: when the Cyclorama moves out, will the zoo take over that facility?

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The price of a family season pass is almost the same as one day admission for a family of five. If you plan to visit more than once av year then this is a great deal. The zoo was very clean and well maintained. It was very crowded with lots of strollers everywhere but.... it's the zoo and is a place that small kids are fascinated with so being surrounded by kids is expected! My preteen wasn't impressed but next time when I go I'll take our 2 year old granddaughter. It's perfect for her age group. Also I noticed they serve beer there. ... Nice a little treat for the adults too! Recommend to go in b the cooler months! Kids LOVED feeding giraffes and watching an ostrich egg get drained. Nice splash park and playground for the smaller ones. Excellent visit.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went to the Zoo upon arrival of our long weekend in Atlanta. We had booked our tickets online where you can get a combo pass for Zoo/Aquarium. Which was a good savings and you get to by pass the lines at the entrance. The Panda's were the highlight ofcourse. They are so cute and playful. We also loved the Gorillas and the Orangutans. I have never seen so many close up. There were also park employees giving lectures on the animals. We walked around for over 2 hours and had fun time. Bring your own water, its expensive at the park.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a leisurely afternoon at the zoo. It was not crowded on the Friday afternoon we were there. Great kids section, short train ride and carousel ride (which we adults enjoyed too). Panda babies were a popular attraction.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We went when they had a free day for Atlanta residents( didn't know!! ) so it was crowded. We decided to start from the back and move up ..great choice. Never seen so many gorillas.. They were so playful. Lots of animals. All were out . Go first thing in the morning when it's cool!

1  Thank Jennifer B