“Nice Piece of History”

US$62.50*
Martin Luther King Jr. Heritage Tour in Atlanta
Ranked #12 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: This sanctuary became a spiritual haven for civil rights activists when Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. served as senior pastor in the 1960s. On the self-guided audio tour, King's inspirational sermons will take visitors back in time, while the new Horizon Sanctuary across the street is home to the present day congregation, highlighted by its traditional tabernacle choir.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

It's a nice piece of history that can be toured rather quickly. It is beautiful & well maintained.

There are many items to purchase during your visit. The staff is very informed & accommodating. You can also stay awhile & hear the voice of MLK Jr.

There are newer reviews for Ebenezer Baptist Church of Atlanta

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My first time to Atlanta, the church was closed due to renovations; however, the second visit I was able to take a tour and I was so fulfilled with joy and I learned historically facts that I had not known prior to my trip.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

It is a nice place of worship, I never disliked any thing here. The members were very homely and friendly. Were always available to assist when needed. I did enjoy my visit and will come back again

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The wood was much darker than I expected. I had the glorious experience to sit in the middle of the church alone with no one present. The spiritual experience can not be explained by words. I will never forget this experience. Money could not buy the emotion of coming face to face with history. I cried, I laughed and thanked God that I had the ability to sit where the price of freedom and the love of God was evident.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Seeing it all meant a lot to me since the history came much closer to me. It gave a sense of serenity and peace, imagining the people back than with their leader focussing on peace and not anger and hatred