“Hyatt Place Not the "place" for me.”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #36 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 January 2008

My introduction to The Hyatt Place/Buckhead was by being told that Mgmt. would not allow the staff to check anyone in before 3 p.m. My daughter and I arrived at 2:40 p.m. We waited patiently for 3 p.m. to arrive at which time the desk clerk began to check us in. I specifically reserved a room at the Hyatt Place because they showed that they had a room available with two full size beds. I am a father who was traveling with my daughter for a prospective college visit and my only other option at the hotel the college had recommended was a King bed. I was not going to share a King bed with my daughter. Once I arrived they told me all they had was a King. Manager's response - take it or leave it. It is now 3:15 p.m., I have to be at the college at 4 p.m. I had to take it and make him aware that I would certainly review his establishment online. Once checked in, we were given our room cards, we really needed to just dash up to the room, set down our bags and jump in the cab that I had called once I had checked in. What a surprise, room is occupied. A pilot and guest are in the bed. Have to get back to desk, acquire another room, drop off bags, catch cab , get to college. NOT HAPPY. No one cared. Room was nice, had a couch that we used for sleep instead of both having a bed. I would never recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank PCS15394
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Reviewed 31 December 2007

Stayed here for a weekend getaway with my wife and 2 small kids.

I reviewed this hotels reviews before going and mostly the only bad reviews were related to small rooms and no smoking. I'm all for no-smoking so that is a big plus in my books. As for small rooms, I don't know which rooms they stayed in, but my room was fine for me, my wife and 2 small children.

Very friendly, knowledgable and service oriented staff.

Room was very nice, clean with mini-refrigerator that comes in handy when traveling with children.

I would recommend this hotel to any traveler. Great bargain for the location.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2007

I just have to say this hotel is great!!!
The staff is wonderful, the room incredible, the location was perfect. We stayed only one night I could have stayed a month and been comfortable. I can not say enough good things about the staff. Always helpful no matter what time of the night. I plan on going back and making a minivacation of the trip just enjoying the hotel and the area surrounding it. The area has a lot of construction going on but you did not hear any noise or experience any inconvience from it. The bed is so big and comfortable I felt like I was at home. Walking out the front door of the hotel there is a Brewery and restraunt in the parking deck. Food was great the beer cold and tasty. Just an all around wonderful place to spend a night or more.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank paitsem
Reviewed 5 November 2007

This hotel is entirely non-smoking (they do not allow smoking in any of their guest rooms), a fact which is not apparent from their website or from expedia.com. We learned this the hard way when we booked over expedia (requested a smoking room) and arrived to be informed upon check in that they could not honor our request because they had no smoking rooms and could not move us to another Hyatt because we'd pre-paid over expedia. Their "accommodation" for smokers is an unheated tent with a couple of park benches outside a door off the lobby on the first floor. Hardly convenient , pleasant or what you want in a home-away-from-home.

Also be aware that the only toiletries this hotel offers are 1) shampoo, 2) conditioner and 3) a tiny bar of facial soap. Front desk gave me a lotion when I asked, but the maids have nothing other than what I just listed. No full sized soap. No body wash/gel. No shower caps. No mouthwash.

If you are a non-smoker and bring all toiletries with you, this is a nice and pretty inexpensive place. Large suite-like rooms with sitting area/work station/wetbar separate from the sleeping area. Free covered parking. Centrally located in Buckhead. Rooms are modern and have nice flat-screen TV's with HD programming. Free continental breakfast in the morning - cereal, toast, fruit and coffee and juice.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 24 October 2007

I booked this hotel using "name your own price" on Priceline. I picked 2 1/2 stars in the Buckhead area and bid $60. I could not believe I got this hotel! I took the Marta from the airport, the Hyatt place was about 5 blocks from the Buckhead stop. I was in the area for a concert at the Roxy Theater which was only about 4 blocks away in the other direction from the Marta stop. The hotel offered a shuttle for a 3 mi radius. But I ended up walking everywhere! There was a steakhouse in back of the hotel and a Wendy's a few blocks away. The hotel has a very retro feel and I was greeted by a very nice front desk agent. My room was ready even though it was only 12 noon and I was not charged for checking in early! My room was fabulous! Very nicely decorated and spacious. Dining options in the hotel were all in the lobby, it was not a restaurant per say but there were a lot of food options. The Hyatt place chain calls it the "Guest Kitchen." I liked the idea of the food kiosk where I could order my food like it said to do in the guest directory. But when I went to do so I was told not to use it b/c they weren't busy. I would have really liked to try it! Overall, a great hotel in an up-and-coming area (a lot of construction going on) I had a wonderful stay and a great time at the concert!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2007

We enjoyed the Hyatt Place in Buckhead.

The breakfast was very nice and complimentary. There were seats both in the breakfast room as well has out in the lobby area, which for us, was just fine.

The HDTV as extremely nice and while we were in the room enjoyed watching the high definition shows.

Parking was also very nice in the nearby garage and was also complimentary.

A restaurant nearby was very convenient and served our purpose.

The only downside was indeed the small bathroom. While the sink was outside the bathroom area and in same room as the bed, behind the bathroom door was the toilet and tub. You just didn't have enough room to navigate with just the small area in front of the toilet to get dressed. Poor planning.

However, the room did have a separate area with a pull out sofa, a nice work table as well as refrig and wet bar. Very roomy overall. Just hated the small bathroom

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank traveler1844
Reviewed 17 September 2007

Stayed for two nights on business. I didn't choose the hotel myself - we were placed here by the company who hosted us. The room itself was pretty good, although the bathroom was very small. The staff, while polite, seemed very disorganized. When I arrived at Buckhead Station from the airport, I called to request the hotel shuttle, but was placed on hold and forgotten about. I ended up having to walk to the hotel carrying my luggage, although I didn't even know where it was and just started walking until I found it. When I arrived and voiced my displeasure, I was given a discount coupon to a nearby restaurant...that was closed. There was quite a bit of disorder and construction going on in the lobby area, as they appeared to have opened the hotel before it was completely finished. I agree with the other writer who noted that Hyatt should not rush to open their properties before they are completed.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business