“Bad experience”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #34 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Absolutely the worst will never stay again no restaurant no bar far from everything staff was rude and to top it off charged me a 200. Smoking fee we don't smoke and refused to take it off and was not close to anything had to drive everywhere

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Genny L

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went to Atlanta for a conference and stayed at the Hyatt Place in Buckhead and it was perfect for my stay. Hyatt Place is not as fancy as the Grand Hyatt ( a stone's throw away) - it doesn't have valet parking or a waterfall, but it was better for my purposes.

While the Grand Hyatt had parking for 24/day or Valet for 34/day, the parking at Hyatt Place was free.

There was no man-made waterfall like the Grand Hyatt, but there was a nice indoor pool if you want a swim to relax. There was a comfortable lobby, very friendly and helpful staff and infused water and cookies. There was free transportation to anything within 2 miles (which includes quite a lot of restaurants and some shopping).

Hyatt Place chains offer a selection of food for purchase at a counter available any time of day - it includes wraps and salads and beverages. There is a very nice breakfast included in the room charge that included french toast, egg sandwiches, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels and juices, hot tea and coffee.

The rooms have a combination sitting area with sectional, desk, mini-fridge and mini-coffee maker. There is a flat screen tv and free wifi. We had two comfortable double beds. The temperature was good and I was worried about street noise, but after one siren around 9pm I didn't hear anything else. The only little criticism I had was that the sheets had pilled and that was a little irritating, but the bed and pillows were comfortable.

There were good restaurants in walking distance and as I mentioned free 2-mile radius shuttle. They stored our luggage while we were at the conference on the day we checked out which was very helpful. I was very pleased with my stay. It is not a luxury/resort hotel, but it was comfortable, convenient, pleasant and a good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank catherine c
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We Love Hyatt Place hotels. As a matter of fact, we've always had great experiences at this location until this trip. This place has changed. Maybe weekends are a different crowd running it.

First of all we had a dog with us. We paid the $75.00 pet deposit and brought our little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with us. Bows in her hair and freshly groomed, well behaved and quiet. Obviously, although the hotel is 'pet friendly', The Staff IS NOT Pet-Friendly and immediately copped an obvious bad attitude about the dog. We were told the dog must go to the side entrance only at the far end of the hotel with keyed entrance. Other dog owners felt the same experience.

Secondly, the customers at the hotel on the weekend, about 50-50 African American and 50% Other People.

No illusion, African American customers were treated friendlier with good attitudes and smiles by the staff. Other people were not treated as well by many of the staff. We got attitudes, rudeness, and poor service. This is not an illusion and we are not difficult customers, and we observed the same with other customers similar to us.

My wife (her birthday today) we were in town to celebrate at restaurants nearby. She was in line to buy a bottle of water. The lady in front of her was also buying a bottle of water. She asked the clerk "How Much" and the clerk said "Go ahead, just take it." Then turned to my wife and said, "That will be $2.70." My wife asked why the other woman's was free and the clerk (embarrassed) said "Okay, just take it."

When I pointed out politely that the pitcher of milk on the breakfast bar was "Spoiled and Curdled" 2nd day in a row... I was polite but got a glare and an attitude. "I put that out fresh today." (really)

Not all of the employees treated customers this way, but the one's that did were overt, surly and rude. Hotel was clean and street noise was loud (Saturday Night) especially all of the ambulance sirens going to nearby hospital.

Last time we stayed here was Christmas time and it was entirely different and so much nicer. The facility is great, nearby restaurants and downtown entertainment wonderful, They have a staff problem that runs deep. If it's 'Racism' it goes both ways and is not acceptable.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street, ambulances, street sounds, and heavy traffic sounds all night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ProSpeaker2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a small hotel well located in Peachtree within walking distance to Lenox Plaza. The rooms are very nice like an apart hotel very spacious. Breakfast offers a wide variety of treats for all tastes and staff is very friendly. There is a gym and swimming pool which is an alternative for Hotlanta!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Patricia V
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The room was the classic beautiful set up I have been in other Hyatt place like hotels. The room was separated into a living room and bedroom. The internet worked great. The free breakfast was a bit disappointing on how the food was presented. The lobby was small and very crowded for breakfast. The weekend rate was very reasonable. I would return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HarveyAs
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was very impressed with this property, and happy I chose it for a bachelorette weekend! The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Check-in & check out was easy & quick. The room was clean and had more than enough room for all 6 of us girls (we had a double room with pull out couch.) The location was a short cab ride from Buckhead bars, which was great! The complimentary hotel shuttle was a pleasant surprise that we used to take to dinner. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. I have to brag on the lady in the breakfast area (should have gotten her name) who was working hard to keep the buffet clean and stocked. I highly recommend this hotel and hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I were visiting family and celebrating our Anniversary. We decided to stay in the Buckhead area. When we arrived at the hotel the staff was very unfriendly. the rooms were very small. We ordered room service, were told that once the food was ready the front desk would call us. we never received that call. the food was cold from sitting at the front desk for over 30 minutes. house keeping was noisy and every night we could hear noise from the other guests room. breakfast was ok. But, they ran out of coffee every moring and there wasnt enough sitting area for guest. We were also charged a 200.00 fee for burning a candle in our room.
DONT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AT ALL!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple