“Great for an overnight stay”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #36 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
houston
“Great for an overnight stay”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for a bridal shower this past weekend and I really enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and the towels were super soft! The shower/toliet area is VERY SMALL AND DARK..but that would be my only complaint. Parking in the garage was free which was nice for the Buckhead area. My friend stayed at the St. Regis and parking was $30! Parking can be a short walk though, but nothing really to complain about. My friend and I were allowed to check in early which was great since we had flown in from Houston and needed to get ourselves physically together. It was very crowded this weekend as there was a wedding and 3 family reunions, but the morning manager was very diligent in trying her best to get us an early check-in. I did not try any breakfast, or any other hotel amenities, but would stay here again. This hotel is right in the middle of buckhead next to Lennox mall, other boutiques, expressway and other nice hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank razin3kids

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here a few months ago, and am planning to come back soon.
Just a couple of reasons why - this place was really convenient to get on MARTA, and there's a Men's Wearhouse right across the street. I got a couple of suits there last time.

Also, there is a grocery store right around the corner and a really nice Starbucks. I like to walk around the area when I'm in a hotel, and there was some cool stuff around. And... an awesome sushi restaurant - LOVE IT!

The people who work there are really friendly, and I was impressed by how they were prepared for everything. I didn't have to ask for anything.

All in all, I felt like I got a taste of Southern Hospitality. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sm00th0per8ter
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for business early this week for 1 night. Sure it is not as big of a building as other hotels, but it sure exceeded my expectations.

Staff was very friendly. It took about 60 seconds to check in. The room was spotless. I was in a King "cozy corner" room and it was great! Huge TV, fridge, pull out couch and a desk. Overall, great room!

They have a shuttle that runs from 7am-10pm every 30 minutes. It will take you anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. I didn't use it and decided to walk to the Lenox mall which is about a mile down the road. My recommendation would be to take the shuttle!

There is also a free breakfast that starts around 7am and runs to about 9:30-10am. It has HOT food (french toast, breakfast sandwiches, etc. Donuts, bagels, toast, OJ, Milk. Great little breakfast for free!

Pool is open until 10pm and is heated. Food available 24/7 which is nice (and not just snacks, real food!)

CVS just across the street if you forgot something, Marshalls also right near by if you need to pick up some clothes that you forgot.

Overall fantastic place and reasonably priced! I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Robert P
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week with two toddlers.The rooms were spotless and loved the fact that the couches are the pull out kind.The mattresses were very comfortable with crisp clean sheets and soft blankets! The kids slept great and so did we! The furnitures were scratch free , beautiful , you can tell it's a great quality hotel. We also loved the view. The front desk was okay.Housekeeping cleaned the rooms daily with no fuss supplying the room with everything needed. They were also sweet and attentive with kids.Loved our stay here will definitely return again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sweetbabies2
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Absolutely the worst will never stay again no restaurant no bar far from everything staff was rude and to top it off charged me a 200. Smoking fee we don't smoke and refused to take it off and was not close to anything had to drive everywhere

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Genny L
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went to Atlanta for a conference and stayed at the Hyatt Place in Buckhead and it was perfect for my stay. Hyatt Place is not as fancy as the Grand Hyatt ( a stone's throw away) - it doesn't have valet parking or a waterfall, but it was better for my purposes.

While the Grand Hyatt had parking for 24/day or Valet for 34/day, the parking at Hyatt Place was free.

There was no man-made waterfall like the Grand Hyatt, but there was a nice indoor pool if you want a swim to relax. There was a comfortable lobby, very friendly and helpful staff and infused water and cookies. There was free transportation to anything within 2 miles (which includes quite a lot of restaurants and some shopping).

Hyatt Place chains offer a selection of food for purchase at a counter available any time of day - it includes wraps and salads and beverages. There is a very nice breakfast included in the room charge that included french toast, egg sandwiches, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels and juices, hot tea and coffee.

The rooms have a combination sitting area with sectional, desk, mini-fridge and mini-coffee maker. There is a flat screen tv and free wifi. We had two comfortable double beds. The temperature was good and I was worried about street noise, but after one siren around 9pm I didn't hear anything else. The only little criticism I had was that the sheets had pilled and that was a little irritating, but the bed and pillows were comfortable.

There were good restaurants in walking distance and as I mentioned free 2-mile radius shuttle. They stored our luggage while we were at the conference on the day we checked out which was very helpful. I was very pleased with my stay. It is not a luxury/resort hotel, but it was comfortable, convenient, pleasant and a good value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank catherine c
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We Love Hyatt Place hotels. As a matter of fact, we've always had great experiences at this location until this trip. This place has changed. Maybe weekends are a different crowd running it.

First of all we had a dog with us. We paid the $75.00 pet deposit and brought our little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with us. Bows in her hair and freshly groomed, well behaved and quiet. Obviously, although the hotel is 'pet friendly', The Staff IS NOT Pet-Friendly and immediately copped an obvious bad attitude about the dog. We were told the dog must go to the side entrance only at the far end of the hotel with keyed entrance. Other dog owners felt the same experience.

Secondly, the customers at the hotel on the weekend, about 50-50 African American and 50% Other People.

No illusion, African American customers were treated friendlier with good attitudes and smiles by the staff. Other people were not treated as well by many of the staff. We got attitudes, rudeness, and poor service. This is not an illusion and we are not difficult customers, and we observed the same with other customers similar to us.

My wife (her birthday today) we were in town to celebrate at restaurants nearby. She was in line to buy a bottle of water. The lady in front of her was also buying a bottle of water. She asked the clerk "How Much" and the clerk said "Go ahead, just take it." Then turned to my wife and said, "That will be $2.70." My wife asked why the other woman's was free and the clerk (embarrassed) said "Okay, just take it."

When I pointed out politely that the pitcher of milk on the breakfast bar was "Spoiled and Curdled" 2nd day in a row... I was polite but got a glare and an attitude. "I put that out fresh today." (really)

Not all of the employees treated customers this way, but the one's that did were overt, surly and rude. Hotel was clean and street noise was loud (Saturday Night) especially all of the ambulance sirens going to nearby hospital.

Last time we stayed here was Christmas time and it was entirely different and so much nicer. The facility is great, nearby restaurants and downtown entertainment wonderful, They have a staff problem that runs deep. If it's 'Racism' it goes both ways and is not acceptable.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street, ambulances, street sounds, and heavy traffic sounds all night.