“Great service, good food, great pool”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #32 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Acworth, Georgia
“Great service, good food, great pool”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent a week here, and were very impressed with the service, the location, and the rooms. Everything was clean, the free breakfast was very nice (though some rotation of breakfast proteins would have been nice), and the pool was awesome. They even provided pool toys!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Darby K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights last week and were very pleased with this hotel. We had a King suite, and while it was 'cozy' in the bathroom area, and lacked a microwave, the room was very neat and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable! The mini-fridge was handy. We were on the 7th floor, so we had little street noise.

Parking is free (a big plus), just a short walk from the entrance. The outdoor pool was comfortable with towels provided. Breakfast was very crowded, but pretty good. They kept running out of regular sized plates and it was hard to find seating. A meeting room was provided for extra seating. They served breakfast sandwiches, eggs, pancakes, sausage, breads, juices, oatmeal- a nice selection (especially included with the room cost). A bar area is available and food is available to order as well. Cookies and water/tea were served in the lobby nightly, which was a nice touch.

The best part of this hotel was the very friendly staff and the location. My husband commented that he was impressed at how friendly everyone was. They would see you in the halls and ask if we were enjoying our stay or if we needed anything! Overall- great staff, fabulous location, and nice extras for this area. We would stay again!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Volgrltn
houston
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for a bridal shower this past weekend and I really enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and the towels were super soft! The shower/toliet area is VERY SMALL AND DARK..but that would be my only complaint. Parking in the garage was free which was nice for the Buckhead area. My friend stayed at the St. Regis and parking was $30! Parking can be a short walk though, but nothing really to complain about. My friend and I were allowed to check in early which was great since we had flown in from Houston and needed to get ourselves physically together. It was very crowded this weekend as there was a wedding and 3 family reunions, but the morning manager was very diligent in trying her best to get us an early check-in. I did not try any breakfast, or any other hotel amenities, but would stay here again. This hotel is right in the middle of buckhead next to Lennox mall, other boutiques, expressway and other nice hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank razin3kids
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here a few months ago, and am planning to come back soon.
Just a couple of reasons why - this place was really convenient to get on MARTA, and there's a Men's Wearhouse right across the street. I got a couple of suits there last time.

Also, there is a grocery store right around the corner and a really nice Starbucks. I like to walk around the area when I'm in a hotel, and there was some cool stuff around. And... an awesome sushi restaurant - LOVE IT!

The people who work there are really friendly, and I was impressed by how they were prepared for everything. I didn't have to ask for anything.

All in all, I felt like I got a taste of Southern Hospitality. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sm00th0per8ter
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for business early this week for 1 night. Sure it is not as big of a building as other hotels, but it sure exceeded my expectations.

Staff was very friendly. It took about 60 seconds to check in. The room was spotless. I was in a King "cozy corner" room and it was great! Huge TV, fridge, pull out couch and a desk. Overall, great room!

They have a shuttle that runs from 7am-10pm every 30 minutes. It will take you anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. I didn't use it and decided to walk to the Lenox mall which is about a mile down the road. My recommendation would be to take the shuttle!

There is also a free breakfast that starts around 7am and runs to about 9:30-10am. It has HOT food (french toast, breakfast sandwiches, etc. Donuts, bagels, toast, OJ, Milk. Great little breakfast for free!

Pool is open until 10pm and is heated. Food available 24/7 which is nice (and not just snacks, real food!)

CVS just across the street if you forgot something, Marshalls also right near by if you need to pick up some clothes that you forgot.

Overall fantastic place and reasonably priced! I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Robert P
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week with two toddlers.The rooms were spotless and loved the fact that the couches are the pull out kind.The mattresses were very comfortable with crisp clean sheets and soft blankets! The kids slept great and so did we! The furnitures were scratch free , beautiful , you can tell it's a great quality hotel. We also loved the view. The front desk was okay.Housekeeping cleaned the rooms daily with no fuss supplying the room with everything needed. They were also sweet and attentive with kids.Loved our stay here will definitely return again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sweetbabies2
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Absolutely the worst will never stay again no restaurant no bar far from everything staff was rude and to top it off charged me a 200. Smoking fee we don't smoke and refused to take it off and was not close to anything had to drive everywhere

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple