“Great Experience - Fantastic Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #29 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Experience - Fantastic Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

From the moment you enter the Hyatt Place you feel welcomed.

This was my first time staying at a Hyatt Place property, so I'm not sure if its typical of the chain or unique to this location, but the staff was amazingly welcoming at check-in. I was addressed by name though the entire efficient check in, and was given a tour of the lobby and facilities. In addition, there was a very nice thank-you note left by the manager. Such considerate service!

The room itself was nice - a mini-suite style layout with a small desk/kitchenette area, a living room (couch + tv area) and then the bed and bathroom. All reasonably sized, though the bathroom's pretty basic and small.

Everything was clean and well appointed. Good HDTV on a big flatscreen.

Location is good if you're doing stuff in Buckhead.

Parking is free as was internet.

All in all, a very good hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrHao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

I have to agree with the previous posts..the staff at this hotel are some of the friendliest I have ever encountered- and I have traveled extensively.
They went above and beyond their responsibilities to give guests top notch service with a smile. Management-please take note- make sure you don't lose this incredible team that you have (especially the front desk staff)!

the only negative thing was that internet was very slow in my room on the third floor- it worked much better in the lobby.

Hotel is also well located in Buckhead- and they offer a complimentary shuttle within a 2-mile radius- which came in handy for me.

I would not hesitate to stay here again when I come back to Atlanta (the city really won me over!- can't beat Southern hospitality!)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dojobsu
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

This hotel is located about at the end of the Peachtree "hotel row" in Buckhead, and is way more moderately priced than most of the luxury hotels located closer to the fancy mall. I was in town for one night for a show at the Buckhead Theater so did not want to spend a lot on a room I'd hardly be in, but I also wanted a safe and nice place since I was by myself. In the end it came down to a choice between this place and the Holiday Inn located up on/ near Pharr, so I went for the Hyatt Place since it had better reviews and I'm familiar with their lobby-cafe concept and I'm a big fan of their selection of 24-hour food.

Positives: The staff at this place were mostly very young but were still really nice and helpful. You got the feeling they really cared about each of their guests and weren't just putting on a show. They would go out of their way to get you things you needed. This is pretty unusual considering the low price of the hotel, and is the major reason I'm giving the four stars. Room was also pretty big and nice for the price - had a king bed, a large sectional in a separate living-room area, a fridge and sink for food prep, a large TV with many channels and movies, and a separate sink for the bathroom. The food for purchase was decent and there was a pretty good selection of menu items available to buy, including late at night. There's also a nice Gordon Biersch brewpub-restaurant located literally steps outside the hotel's front door.

I understand that if you drive to the hotel it has free parking. If you don't have a car with you, as I did not, there's a free hotel shuttle that runs (roughly) on the half hour between 7 am and 10 pm, and will take you anywhere you need to go within 2 miles of the hotel. This shuttle is much better than the one run by the city that runs a fixed route and stops only at the train station, the malls and various hotels.

Now, a few not-so-positive things: Although my room was generally clean, the bottom of the (very small) bathtub was dark and dirty-looking. I couldn't tell if it needed a good clean or was just darkened from age, but either way it wasn't appealing. The room closet was the tiniest I ever saw and located in a spot that was hard to get in and out of. Not really a problem for a solo traveler like me with one night's change of clothing, but if I'd brought another person with me or planned to bring extra outfits for a special event, it would be a problem hanging everything up and getting it in and out of the closet. Given that the room was pretty big, I think a little more space could have been allocated for a better closet. Biggest minus of the hotel is its location, especially if you don't have a car with you. The walk down Peachtree between the hotel and the Buckhead Theater was all strip malls and fast food joints, with only a couple of interesting little boutiques or bars, and at least one shady looking panhandler guy lurking around. This makes for a dark lonely walk (also it's an uphill walk) after the shuttle stops running at 10. I ended up using a taxi to get back after the show at the Buckhead, and feel I got ripped off (eight dollars to travel just a few blocks!) The popular bars in the Pharr Road area (Elbow Room, Fado's etc.) are also a bit of a hike away. So if you're going to stay here for Buckhead nightlife, it helps to either have a car or else be prepared to pay for taxis after the free shuttle quits running.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Bunnydots
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here

Great location, staff very helpful at all times, free internet, free parking and free breakfast

You wont get better value for your money in the area

Ideal for a family with kids. Allot to do around the area for the kids.

The fridge in the room helps and Kroger is walking distance around the corner

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Conrad365
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

This is by far the best place we have stayed. Close to everything. Room were clean quiet and beautiful. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009
Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

Stayed here the last weekend in September for the Atlanta Football Classic. First of all, the hotel has FREE PARKING! From what I hear, that is very rare in Buckhead. Check-in and Check out was very smooth. There were always people standing at or near the door when coming in (even when we came in from clubbing after 3AM). The staff was very helpful, when we asked for towels at 3AM they were brought to us promptly.

The room is standard Hyatt. Huge TV, and a separation between the 'living' and 'sleeping' area. We had a double bed room and it fit all four of us nicely with room to spare. We never seemed to be in each other's way. My only gripe would be the bathroom, very small. Besides that the room was clean and comfortable.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast with the choice to buy 'other' items. We decided to skip it given the choices, however there is an IHOP less than a mile away. As stated, this hotel is located in a GREAT area. Close to Lennox Mall, Cheesecake Factory, Wet Willies, Fork & Screen and other great shopping/eating/recreational locations.

All in all a great place to stay. Well worth the price, paid $99/night.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattPlaceBuckhead, Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, 4 October 2010
Dear Court18,
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your experience at Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead. We are delighted that we were there for you at all times as we strive to greet our guests at any hour with a smile. We will be sure to share your comments with the hotel.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

My sister and I were in town from Charlotte for a concert in the area and got a great Priceline deal. This was one of the cleanest, most modern hotels we've ever stayed in, and the staff was beyond incredible. The stay left us wanting to return as soon as possible. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPlaceBuckhead, Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
Dear peamrhein,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your experience at Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead! We're glad you enjoyed your time here and we'd love to have you stay with us again soon next time you're in Atlanta. We will be sure to share your comments with the hotel staff. Thanks again!