“Great Hotel”

Ranked #137 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Florida, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel the floors were being scrubbed when I arrived it was conveniently located to my venue and many other businesses that I visited. I would recommend this site to friends & family

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Judi A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms. Friendly, professional staff. I will definitely stay there again and recommend the hotel to friends and family. It's also very convenient to I-85 and major attractions in Atlanta. You can also build points for free night stays with their rewards program.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Well... This is defintely off the standards of La Quinta chain. Me and my group had a reservations for two double rooms, we arrived in Atlanta at 11 pm and headed straight to hotel. The lady at the front desk was so rude it's unbeliavable. My room was with a horrible smell of smoke and I couldnt even stand to be in there, so i told her about the issue and asked for another room. She told me "we are fully booked, period." So i cancelled my reservation and since it was so late, went to my friends room. Left the other day and i dont plan to come back here ever again. Bad location, far away from everything. Consider somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Orlando
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The staff was very polite and the room was clean. will definitely stay there again. We checked in very late and they called to see where we were on the road. They held our room for us. we always try to stay in La Quintas first when we're on the road.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We are a Band that play Atlanta a few time a year, and alway stay at this La Quinta for the past (7) seven years, The staff is very Nice, We feel at home there, Ms.Frey and the General manger Ms.Bianca are Great !!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed at the LaQuinta Inn Atlanta/Lenox/Buckhead for the second time on March 23-24. We like the hotel because it is located near all of the places we like to visit when in the area. And, since we travel to Atlanta about every 2-3 months, we like having a "home base" close to our stomping grounds.

On our first visit to this hotel, we went to our room and were greeted by an awful smell. In the words of my fiance, "It smells like a skunk has been in here." When I brought the issue up to the desk clerk they changed our room to one that did not smell.

On this visit, however, the desk clerk made it clear upon check-in that the hotel was full and that they could not accommodate our request for a first-floor room near a door. When I asked, she said that the hotel was fully booked and the rooms were not available (even though I am a Gold Member and had requested the room type over a month in advance).

When we got to our room the same odor we had experienced previously pervaded the room. Since it was clear to me that the clerk would not be able to change our room and we were late to meet some friends, we sprayed the room with Fabreeze, dropped our luggage and dogs, and left for our appointment. When we returned, the Fabreeze had worn off and the room smelled again. So, before we went to sleep, we sprayed it down again and hoped for the best.

All-in-all, the hotel is ok. As an elite member of their loyalty club, we would have appreciated a little more preference but that did not happen. We will be back in Atlanta the end of April and hope that this review and the comments I left with the hotel's online review will help to ensure a better experience next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village

Been to La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead? Share your experiences!