“Mmm... moldy ceilings”

Ranked #137 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Baton Rouge, LA
“Mmm... moldy ceilings”
Reviewed 11 July 2007

From the lobby, it looked all right. Unfortunately, the room was completely awful. It smelled terrible, the sheets were disgusting, and there was mold growing on the bathroom ceiling. Water had leaked from the room above and the walls were soaked.

• Liked — free wireless internet (it was slower than dialup, but at least we had it)
  • Disliked — the lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank saraide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 February 2007

Me and 2 of my girlfriends stayed here for just a quick weekend getaway to Atlanta to shop, eat and drink. It IS right on the edge of good Buckhead and bad Buckhead, but never felt unsafe. It's only about a minute's drive to lots of great shopping and great restaurants and clubs. The place was very clean and staff was super nice and helpful. My only complaint was that they were out of regular coffee at breakfast both mornings we were there, but each time we just asked and they immediately put fresh coffee out. Staff was so nice! Was super cheap and convenient to crash there after a night out on the town.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank budro
florida
Reviewed 3 February 2007

When we stayed there, the hotel just converted to a La Quinta - located in a crappy part of town and not "the Buckhead" we expected. Nonetheless, we were tired from driving and searching for the hotel, so we took a chance after viewing the available room before committing with our credit card. The room looked clean and somewhat upgraded with marble sink and decor. It looked fine to stay the night. Imagine my surprise when I woke up to a mysterious rash on my legs. I didn't think too much of it until it started to blister like I had been bitten by something. I was scratching like crazy for the next few days. It didn't occur to me that I had been bitten by bed bugs until I noticed I actually had tiny punctures when the swelling went down! It was horrible. I wish I knew sooner, and made a complaint, but by then I was already traveling out of state....It took weeks before my legs cleared up.

Stayed April 2006
2 Thank caranddriver
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 18 January 2007

This hotel, contrary to some reviews, is quite nice for what you pay for it. (This was my first time staying here and it may simply have improved from before) Overall, the place was fine. The only sore spot in my mind was the lack of selection at breakfast (they had muffins, toast, bagels, and two types of cereal). The rooms were fine and clean, beds comfortable. The hotel's location is a bit problematic if you're coming to Atlanta without a car, as it is not within true walking distance of Buckhead proper making MARTA difficult to hook up with if you don't bring a car. Overall, a good stay.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location (not walkable)
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank npl1125
Tennessee
Reviewed 11 January 2007

Some reviews did not like this hotel, but we found it to be excellent--clean room, quiet, accommodating staff. Although our room faced I-85, interstate sound did not carry into the room. Good, convenient location and the usual LaQuinta complimentary breakfast. The entrance road into the hotel is right at the I-85 ramp, making access from the southbound lanes of the connecting road tricky, but it is convenient to turn around at the next block so as to make a right hand turn onto Chantilly (where the hotel is located).

• Liked — Location and helpful staff
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank vcv
Traveller
Reviewed 26 December 2006

I stay at this hotel all the time and have NEVER had an experience as some of the previous posts have had. And honestly, the one saying there were bed-bugs sounds bogus. I mean, bed bug bites dont show up right away...and that post said they switched rooms after noticing the 'bugs' (although invisible to the naked eye). If i knew of bed bugs, i would switch hotels, not rooms...right?

Either way, it always seems clean and the staff is usually pretty helpful.... for the price (around 85$), I've always been satisfied...

• Stayed December 2006, travelled solo
1 Thank webguyTraveller
Taipei
Reviewed 30 October 2006

Booked via Hotwire, got rooms 224 and 226. Bedbugs in both rooms! Moved to 222; better.

In the end, we caught 4 of the critters and I unwittingly brought back at least two in my luggage. My legs still have bite marks and are still bleeding two weeks later!

Stayed October 2006
1 Thank zimbu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village

Been to La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead? Share your experiences!