“Easy, pleasant stay”
Review of Cheshire Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Cheshire Motor Inn
Ranked #135 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 15 May 2013

A group of three of us recently stayed in March. The man at the front desk was very efficient and polite. Our room was just fine. It was clean and spacious, and we were allowed to smoke (Thank you). Certainly housekeeping was there both mornings. There was an in-room coffee pot and fridge. This was our second stay here and we are heading back this weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ronnie H

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Reasonable priced, fairly new good rooms, very close to downtown Atlanta but not highly priced like downtown hotel. The desk clerk who checked me-in was courteous, pretty good secured wifi in my room. I was in Rm 150, a double smelled fresh and clean. Ideal motel for ppl like me travelling with limited budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Biki S
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have stayed at the Cheshire Inn many times over the last 15-18 years. I always knew what to expect... a moderately priced hotel that is "family" friendly, but with few amenities. My most recent stay, previous to this, was last fall when I was in town for a entertainment event. I was excited to hear that renovations were planned with some long overdue upgrades such as microwaves, mini-fridges, and Wi-Fi. There were new carpets, excellent mattress sets, new bed linens and pillows, plus paint and some decorating touches that really helped the overall appearance of the room. Plus, the room door was actually well fitted and there was no way for the usual roaches to make their way inside. To my dismay I tried to connect to the internet via their Wi-Fi connection and found that all I could get was local access....in other words, no internet. I finally had to connect thru my cell connection to obtain internet. The bathrooms have been spruced up, but the shower head diverter allowed only a fraction of the water flow to reach the showerhead. And as always, the television showed only a display of static frenzy...no picture, no sound. If they really want to reach a better clientele they need to work on these few things to move on up to quality status. I'll be back, but now my expectations will be back to just another average place to stay.

Room Tip: When checking in, ask the clerk to allow you to inspect the room assigned to you so you know what yo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Albert D
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I've stayed at Cheshire Motor Inn a couple of times in the past and have always been happy with my stay. It is moderately priced and conveniently located. The office and housekeeping staff are friendly and helpful. You could always pay more for a place to stay, but for good, clean, lodging you can't go wrong with Cheshire.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Family of 3: Clean large room, with comfy furniture, and Wi-Fi. Our room was spotless everywhere! Exactly what one should expect from a budget minded motel in the heart of Atlanta.

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I had been told so many stories about this place. I went and got a room. The staff was very friendly, the room was very clean. I had heard it was a bad neighborhood but everyone I met was very friendly. It is within walking distance of a great restaurant and plenty of bars. I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MichaelH1970
GeneralManagerCMI, General Manager at Cheshire Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

I am glad that you stayed with us. Now you know the real story. We have just completed a very extensive renovation, our location is in the center of everything, and there is no staff better anywhere. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I'm letting everyone in on my secret: Cheshire Inn is the most reasonable motel to date. Perfect location: piedmont park within walking distance, restaurants galore!

The rooms are spacious and very sterile. The staff is fantastic, exceptionally friendly and always approachable.

Go nowhere else in atlanta but at Cbeshire Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that was in the movie, "Identity Thief."
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris C

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you will be back to Cheshire Inn. We are centrally located which makes it easy to go everywhere in Atlanta. And YES we are proud to be in the highly rated movie Identy Thief. Come see us again. We always appreciate your business.