1. When I check in, the receptionist was not welcoming at all. I noticed that the receptionist was quite mad with something/someone else at that moment. After she checked me in, she almost tossed the key to the counter. She did not tell me which floor I will stay at, where the elevator is or anything else i need help. She just turned back to her computer! Also I was not greeted as IHG member or notified anything regarding to IHG. Basically except for asking me to sign the guest agreement, she did not talk to me at all.
2.The other day I was using the business center, the computer was super slow even though it looked like a brand new model. In addition, the printer was broken. At that moment, the
same associate who checked me in approached the printer with paper saying
that printer is broken. Then she turned to me, 'the printer is broken, ok?' The tone is aggressive and condescending. And she did not ask whether I need to print boarding pass or not or offer help with that. In other hotels (even the same Hotel Inn brand), I will be asked if I need to print boarding pass they can help me, something like that. There is nothing here!
3. In the room, there are not any outlets near the bedhead. I need to unplug one for the alarm which is located at a very awkward place blocked by the mattress. The coffee machine was connected to an extension but power surge protector was not turned on and placed behind the TV stand beyond reach. So I can not brew any coffee in the room. But they do offer free coffee in the lobby. I give them credit for this.
3. Housekeeping is good in general but she did not clean the trash on the night stand until the last day.
By the way, I do submit my complaints to IHG but nobody responded after two months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Centennial Park Atlanta Downtown is adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park and within close walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, CNN Center, Philips Arena, the Georgia World Congress Center, AmericasMart and the Georgia Dome. The hotel is operating as an independent hotel as it transitions to emerge as the newest AC Hotel by Marriott in January 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn at Centennial Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Holiday Inn