All reviews mercedes benz signature scent skyview ferris wheel european breakfast strong perfume individual rooms waffle house right next door modern and stylish public lot centennial olympic park rain shower front desk zen garden small window body wash house keeper usb ports
Reviewed 23 November 2017

I spent the weekend in Atlanta with my girlfriends for my birthday, and we divided our time between two Marriott the Fairfield in and the AC.

After the Fairfield in being our first stop, the AC was like walking through heavens doors, and the front desk agent was God's helper. As soon as you walk in you recognize a cohesive scent throughout the hotel. I cant remember the name of the designer they said made it but it smelt good. the furnishing is very modern and stylish. and the lounge area outside was exceptional. there were choices to the city with privacy or in large groups. Theor outside seating is really a highlight.

The rooms: as soon as I walked into my room I felt at home I love the decor the washrooms are very high class and use the space really well. It made you feel like you were in a really nice condo.

The view wasn't much but, to be honest, everything else was so nice. The location is also amazing especially because it was 2 mins away from my favourite restaurant Juke Joint (must go there)! the new Ferris wheel they have right next to Olympic Park is right outside the hotel door which is really pretty at night, and the hotel is in the middle of all the tourist sites.

The overall best hotel I've stayed at in Atlanta and I've stayed at many. Next time I go, I will be booking at the AC.

I also have to mention the front desk agent, I can't remember her name, but she was AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Mark G, Manager at AC Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you so very much for the amazing review! We appreciate you and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Out of all the hotels I've visited , AC is the best and I love the services here . Brian , and security Bell was very helpfully and their communication was everything . I'll definitely be visiting again soon . If you're in the downtown area and you're looking for somewhere to stay AC Hotel is definitely the right place to book your room . Thanks you guys are the BEST . The Hotel is amazing, great location and friendly services . I love everything!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Clean, modern and great for the quick business trip. Would like to have had option of in-room dining. Went to the bar at 10:50PM and was told the kitchen was closed.

Front staff were accommodating. Was eligible for upgrade through Marriott and was informed that no upgraded-rooms were available.

Only valet parking available. Parking lot across street. Close to conference centers. Near Ferris wheel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Aunnie,

Thank you for the review! As the AC brand is still very new, we are listening to our guest's suggestions. I will share your comments with our Brand Team! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Usually as a Platinum Member you go to a Marriott and you expect a certain kind of service. There is no:

- secret room
- breakfast
- nothing

You get a 10 dollar spend on their poor version of a gift shop. Whenever a Marriott buys another hotel, I am always skeptical, this time I took a chance and must say I am again disappointed. Hotel is Clean, but the lack of benefits is always a concern.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cchou77
Mark G, Manager at AC Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you for giving us a try! The AC brand is still quite new and we are listening! We would love to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Pros: Proximity to tourist attractions and public transportation. I attended an event at Tabernacle and wanted to have as short of a walk as possible. After my event ended, I was out of the venue and into my hotel room in less than 5 minutes. I switched to this hotel after a stay at Marriott Marquis, which, despite only being a couple blocks away, felt like the other side of the earth from Centennial Park. Rooms were nice, though small. Amenities such as the rain shower, smart fridge, and open concept closet area were unique touches. Drinks from the bar were strong. Hotel reminded me most of a Courtyard with an attempt at a W vibe.

Cons: Consistent noise from the Atlanta Streetcar, as well as the hallways, can be heard while in the room. Not much light came into the room, as there was only one small window. There was no clock in the room, minus on the TV menu. I know previous reviews have mentioned the smell... it didn't really bother me, but I noticed other guests commenting on it (one compared it to Drakkar Noir). The room also had a strong scent, sort of like a muted version of Abercrombie. Store in the lobby had an odd selection.

I have to give credit to Bryan, who went out of his way to apologize and compensate for what he felt was poor communication from his colleagues. Since I was already in Atlanta the day of check-in, I swung by AC in the morning because I got a notification saying my room was ready at 8am. I had planned to check-in and transfer my belongings later in the day, but the desk agent told me my mobile check-in did not upgrade my room type automatically (even though the website showed up until my point of check in at 4pm that at least one suite was available). Because this was one of the only benefits for Elite members at this chain and I had the luxury of staying at Marquis with a 4pm checkout, I decided to hold out for the upgrade. The morning staff at the front desk, two women, were not pleasant to deal with and indicated upgrades would become available, but I would have to wait until later in the day. I sent a follow-up message on the app in the afternoon, but never got a response after 2 hours. When I followed up with a phone call, the woman ended the conversation with a "mhmm" and hung up. Come the time of check-in, Bryan informed me that no upgrade would become available at all. He was extremely apologetic and tried to put me in a larger king. When that wasn't available either, he offered me a room on the top floor and some coupons to compensate for the lack of communication from his colleagues. He was able to guarantee a 4pm checkout, since my flight was later in the evening. The morning staff was poor, and Bryan was the only one who wanted to recognize a high-tier rewards status and make the situation right.

Was going to rate this hotel a 3, but Bryan pushed it to 4.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mbg996

Thank you very much for the detailed review! We will take these comments to heart and I would love for you to return and experience the change.