All reviewsmercedes benzsignature scentskyview ferris wheeleuropean breakfaststrong perfumewaffle house right next doorindividual roomsmodern and stylishpublic lotcentennial olympic parkrain showerfront deskzen gardensmall windowbody washhouse keeperusb ports
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Striving to be a European style hotel it generally delivers on a design basis. Good convenience to Centennial park and congress center, however, went WAY over the top in the ‘signature fragrance’ - walking in the door you get bowled over by a perfume shop scent. At a business dinner last night all my colleagues complained of the smell that permeates the hotel. We even shared stories of our initial assumption (and false mental accusations) that we thought the person in front of us in line or the hostess was wearing way too much perfume.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank timmerfish
Tanveer D, General Manager at AC Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for the review! As the AC brand we are new and still learning our guest preferences. Brand require us to use public area fragrance. Your feedback is very valuable and give us opportunity to review this with brand. I will share your comments with our Brand Team. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is up to date sleek and modern with a minimalist yet comfortable style. All parking is 35$ per day valet only just fyi. When you enter the hotel you are over run with something similar to Ambercrombe cologne. It is migraine inducing if you are sensitive to smell. The check in process was nice and easy. We got in late about 1am so we were extremely tired. When we reached the room it was aesthetically pleasing however there was a good amount of long straight black hair on the floor in the bathroom and in the shower. It was upsetting but we had been driving 11 hrs and we just dealt with it with shower shoes and not going barefoot. Plus we used the travel packs of disinfectant wipes we had. We were really disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. Also there are no microwaves for guest use at all. I know it's to promote guests to go out to eat but it's really inconvenient. The first picture is some of the hair on the floor by the legs of the stool. The rest are just to show the room.

Good points
Comfortable beds
Sleek design
Good location

Considerations
The smell.... beware
Cleanliness
There is no microwave for guests at all

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank LeNiccki T

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. I am very sorry that your experience was not up to the Marriott or AC Hotel standard. We will take this opportunity to share your comments and feedback with staff to make your future stay more comfortable and pleasant. Hope to have you stay with us in near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Clean, modern and centrally located hotel. We loved the extra large shower with rain shower head. Literally a five minute walk to the major attractions and lots of great restaurants. Very friendly and accommodating staff.

My one major issue was with the "signature fragrance" in the Lobby (and to some extent, the elevators). If you are sensitive to strong perfume smells or are an asthmatic like me, you should find another hotel. During check in, I was in the lobby long enough for the perfume to make me cough and give me a headache. The rest of the stay only went through the lobby to go in/out. I called an attendant at the front desk to ask whether the lobby always smelled that way and she replied "yes," and that it was the hotel's "signature fragrance." Although the hotel is excellent in every other respect, I won't be staying here again because of this. Frankly, I think management should consider the potential liability of someone having a serious respiratory allergic reaction to the fragrance.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Adnil-94102
Tanveer D, General Manager at AC Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for taking time to write this review. Your appreciation and feedback is highly valuable. We will review your comments with staff and take necessary steps to train our team further. Thank you again for choosing AC hotel for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Overall I had a pretty good experience. I am not impressed with the structure of the hotel itself----especially the tiny windows. My room had a very tiny window in the corner of the room. Also the rooms were poorly soundproofed. I could hear everyone that walked by in the hall way. Fortunately my neighbors were quiet.

The bed is comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. Not a fan of the soaps, however, it smelled like an Asian sauce. But I liked the round hand soap.

The water was a nice touch but the absence of a clock (copying European hotels to give you that European experience) was not impressive. I requested online that body wash be brought to my room. They marked the request answered online but it never arrived. I sent the request again the next day and asked them to clean my room because the house keeper hadn't been by and it was near 4PM. They said the housekeeper would be there quickly (took 40 minutes) and apologized for the body wash---which never came.

My rate was excellent. $88. Would I stay here again? For $88, yes. But if I found a better deal at the Glenn, I'd go there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Mark G, Manager at AC Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for your generous review and feedback! We will share all of this information with the Reception and Style teams to ensure that our service failures are addressed! We do hope to see you again soon in order to change your impression of our services.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Was welcomed by the friendliest staff at the counter. Bryan and Charnice accommodated all my needs as well as giving me the best room rate, all around a very pleasant experience. Next time I'm in town I will definitely be back here thanks to the great service from this staff.

Room Tip: Beautiful contemporary rooms all around
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you! I will share your comments with the team! See you again Soon!