“The best hotel in Atlanta”

Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
Ranked #10 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 24 November 2007

Personally, I am an extremely hard grader on hotels. A hotel has to absolutely perfect for me to give a full five stars, but here it is: I have given this property my extremely rare five stars.

Upon entering the lobby, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Although this property is fairly old, it has been kept in fairly good condition. A nice renovation has also taken place.

The moderate room is perhaps one of the largest standard hotel rooms in the city at 42 square meters (450 square feet). The bathroom is fairly large with a separate tub and a glass-enclosed shower. There are plenty of towels and robes. The one-king bed is extremely grand and comfortable with two bedside tables. The LG flat-screen television is of very high resolution, and included in the entertainment is a DVD player, which is extremely rare for inclusion in a hotel room. The view outside the room, although only on the seventh floor, is also a fairly nice one of midtown.

Our occupancy was a party of three. Upon booking, there was a choice between [one king bed] and [two twin beds]. We typically prefer two beds, but these beds were twin beds, which are extremely small, so we picked the one king bed. For a hotel room of 450 square feet, we would expect that two queen beds or at least two double beds would fit in the room. We would certainly not stay in a room with two twin beds; it is simply too small. This situation is not a major issue, but it is preferred that they switch the twin beds to at least double beds.

The pool and fitness area was set up extremely nicely. The locker rooms included pretty much everything. Each locker contained a robe, a laundry bag, slippers, and a digital combination lock. There were towels everywhere, and there is a butler who comes every 15 minutes to make sure that there is a towel placed in every single shower for the next guest to use. There were even extra towels placed on each bench at the pool and complimentary bottled water everywhere. This standard of hotel service is probably the best that we have ever experienced.

The price that we paid for this room was $240. It is worth the price ONLY if the guest takes advantage of the service and facilities, and it is worth the price maybe once every few months. Unless you are multi-millionaires, we recommend that you do not stay at a Four Seasons hotel every time you travel. This level of expense is worth trying once every few months, but if you travel once every week, do not expect that it is worth it. At this level of luxury, the Four Seasons Atlanta is without doubt very very addicting (we did not want to leave), but don't waste your money on just a hotel room.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank zhangpianist
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta

Reviewed 19 November 2007

There is not much to add to what has already been written. This was our 4th stay at the Four Seasons in Atlanta. The 4th was a charm, because of a mistake, we were up graded to a SUITE! We usually stay in the premium room, which is very nice and comfortable. But the suite was absolutely heaven! We were jumping up and down like silly kids at our luck! We did not want to leave the room!

Because we had our child with us ,we were worried about dining at Park 75, but they were so accommodating. The food was excellent. The Risotto with truffle oil was superb.

During our 1st stay there was a problem with my spa appointment, but they were prompt to fix the problem and even sent me a certificate for a free service. Oh, if all hotels were like this!

If you want excellent service, great food and a beautiful hotel stay here.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank angelfish07
Reviewed 8 November 2007

Stayed here on business this week. I probably shouldn't have looked at the price tag, otherwise, I would've given it two thumbs up. I just don't know if my room was worth the $$$.

Service was nice. Almost too nice. But better than bad. Right? I appreciate the gesture, but I can find an elevator myself, and upon check-out, all the smiling faces almost felt Twilight Zone-ish. Maybe this speaks poorly for humanity -- that I am actually complaining about smiles? I guess it just didn't feel genuine.

Valets were excellent. Got some good directions, and service was always very fast. Parking is $28/day. But the area is very congested, with 14th Street under construction (through end of November) and it was C - O - L - D, so worth it to me.

Was weird to see the workout room staffed. Guess the price tag on my terrace room allows them extra help? But the workout room is nice. Machines are fairly new (treadmill and ellipticals), and each with its own tv.

Wireless access: always had a very good signal, and I don't recall it ever dropping. What's weird is the fee. Even a Super 8 I've stayed at had internet free-of-charge. Here, it's $10.80/day.

Room was above-average. Bed, linens, and pillows were very nice. Enough room for me to spread out. Terrace was nice at night (view of ATL downtown) but during the day probably wouldn't have been as the walls are low, and I would've been able to see my neighbors enjoying their terrace.

Bathroom, though a tad small, was very nice. I am a stickler for good soaps and nice towels/robes, and they did not disappoint! I sure did enjoy my soaks in the tub!

I did not see the pool, restaurant, or bar area, though I hear it is nice. I did read the Spa Menu, and the services sounded yummy.

Overall, I would definitely stay again on business, but wouldn't personally unless it carried a much smaller price tag (atleast half of the room rate I signed for -- $489/nt). Maybe I'm frugal? But that tub sure was nice... :)

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gnodule
Reviewed 2 November 2007

We stayed here for the weekend and it was nothing like I expected a 5 star hotel to be. We were not impressed at all!

The rooms were ok, the beds were very comfortable.

The bar in the lobby was fun, they had a very friendly guy playing the piano which we liked.

We ordered room service one evening and it took them over an hour to bring up one order of chicken fingers!! We called after an hour to see what the hold up was and then they told us they were on the way up and then 20 minutes later they arrive! (I think they forgot our order orginally and then rushed it when we called to check on it)

***My biggest and the most disgusting thing I noticed about the hotel was the saltwater pool.

My sister & I went down to the pool to take a morning swim.... we get into the water, We walk toward the pool light and then start to notice all this hair, dirt & debris floating around in the pool. We both got grossed out and started walking toward the pool stairs to exit the pool on the way noticing more and more hair & dirt and stuff floating in the pool and then we see a bandaid!!!. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! For a 5 star hotel you would AT LEAST expect the have a clean pool to swim in! We hurried back to our room so we could get a shower.

Everything else was nice just don't go into the pool!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Summertime-FL
Reviewed 26 October 2007

Stayed there for one night : nothing special about it. The decor and amenities are basic, service avereag. As usual, they tell you at check-in :"we would like to offer you an upgrade to a deluxe guestroom", then hit you with the rest of their pre-recorded sentence after you nodded and thought they were offering you this upgrade "for an extra charge of..." Definitely not classy. Since then, I tried to avoid this chain where all rooms look alike wherever you are on this earth. Would never return.

Stayed: September 2004
Reviewed 19 October 2007

Spotlessly clean, lovely service, great beds, great view. Nice saltwater pool, well thought out spa, decent bar scene. A+ overall. Lacks a bit of character, but who cares when the trade off is great service and real comfort. Close to everything and brand spanking new. Ask for high floor, city view. Excellent prices compared to other Four Seasons.

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ByronDreams
Reviewed 7 October 2007

We live in the Atlanta area but had several events in town to attend and decided to splurge on a night at FS. It was well worth it. My husband brought a cigar and they instantly upgraded us to a terrace room with no extra charge. So he could enjoy his cigar without having to leave the room. We paid for the B&B package and had breakfast in our room the following morning. The hotel gives you a choice of papers in the morning so it was nice to have breakfast and the paper delievered to our front door. The service was great everyone we encountered was accomdating and pleasant. We have another event to attend around Christmas time and we will be staying at the FS.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple