“Continued Excellence”

Ranked #10 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Waupaca, WI
“Continued Excellence”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stay here every few months and reviewed this property in 2009. It continues to deliver high quality experience. I intermittently use the spa. It's very nice and John is who I would recommend for a sports massage. He is very attentive and will put you in the right mind set for relaxation. Pool area has new patio furniture. Even though you are downtown, it's nice to have and urban patio area off the pool. There is a lobby food kiosk for breakfast. Food is good and not too pricey. This keeps guests from wandering a block to Starbucks or Einsteins Bagels. Staff continues to be friendly, helpful and efficient. If you can afford it, try the suite. This hotel has no Executive Suites, so the Junior most suite up from a regular room is quite large, very well laid out but by Four Seasons pricing is priced like an executive suite. They are recently renovated and quite comfortable expecially for a special occasion.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Davis, California
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Have been there on business a few times. Rooms are amazing and comfortable, perfect service, terrific food.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Mexico
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Great Hotel, great food, great staff, great rooms...anything else?

• Stayed August 2011
Pinehurst
Reviewed 20 November 2011

There is a reason TripAdvisor ratings are relatively lower for this hotel than its competitors Ritz, Regis and Mansion. The place is beautiful and most of the service was exceptional. Rooms are very nice and in great condition. Bedding superb. The flaws: ridiculously small shower, one vanity baths, thin walls, "lobby" consists of exactly 2 sofas and 8 chairs, and turn down service mediocre (where have you seen an empty shampoo replaced with one half full???In a FS???), EXTREMELY slow restaurant service. Annoyances.....paid WiFi and mandatory valet parking. Suspect this will not be a FS much longer if this persists. Would not recommend to family, friend or business associates. Not worth it for 5 Star tariff.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ritzytopaz
New York City
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed at the Four Seasons Atlanta on a week long business trip in November 2011. The room was slightly down at the heels: not all of the outlets worked, and the furnishings overall had a feeling that they had been around for a while. That said, the room was very comfortable, and the bed was a standout. If I had been traveling for pleasure, I would have had little fault to find. As it was, I was traveling on a stressful business trip, and the fact that several outlets were not functioning was a frustration.

A word about the lounge and restaurant. The restaurant has a fussy menu (choose starter, choose protein, choose sauce, choose sides which will come in steakhouse proportions) that was also not conducive to a business traveler who is more likely seeking something more simple and quick. More significantly, while the restaurant assured us that breakfast service started at 6:00 a.m., when we arrived at that hour for an important meeting (yes, I know) the restaurant was closed and didn't open until a half hour later, leaving us to start our meeting in the bar (which was also closed).

In sum, probably a great hotel for pleasure travel - the location seemed good with several nice restaurants within walking distance, and the room was very comfortable. But for business travel, I'd probably stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The service at this hotel was good but unfortunately the hotel is not as luxurious as other four seasons hotels. The rooms were average but given the price point of this hotel that was to be expected. The air conditioners stop in the middle of the night so don't be surprised to wake up in a sweat. The swimming pool was ok and a fun way to pass a couple of hours.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank liza_loves_travel
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Thanks for your feedback, liza_loves_travel,

While I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our spa and fitness facilities, I'm disappointed to hear that your overall stay with us did not meet your expectations. Should your future travel plans include Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, I hope you will contact me directly so I can not only handle your reservation, but also ensure you that we're capable of executing the Four Seasons product and service that you're accustomed to.

Regards,
Dan Normandin, GM
Dallas
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This hotel did not live up to any of the other Four Season Hotels in which we have stayed. The room was ok. Nothing special, but comfortable and ok. The bathroom was not great. The shower was the SMALLEST shower in which I have ever showered. I am an average size woman and my husband is an average size man. If either of us had been large, the shower would have been too small. As it was, it was cramped and taking a shower was somewhat unpleasant. If I had not been careful, I could have hit my elbows on the glass walls. WAY too small for a luxury hotel.

The Lounge/bar was another issue. We went there for a late night bite to eat and a drink. The bar was mostly empty, but the music was LOUD and blaring. Also, the choice of music was grating and unpleasant. We decided to ask our wait person if the music volume could be lowered. They did turn it down, but it was still very loud and unpleasant. We would never go back to that bar for a drink. It was not pleasant. I'm sure others have agreed--and they are losing money.

One other thing. I called to ask for a sewing kit so that I could wear a garment that needed a last minute repair. I told the person I talked with that I needed it immediately. A half hour later, the sewing kit had not arrived, so I had to wear another garment. The sewing kit was there when we arrived back in our room late that night.

I guess my final analysis is that the room was not worth the $400/night charge. Choose another midtown Atlanta hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business