“Atlanta's Upper Crust”

Ranked #10 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Atlanta's Upper Crust”
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Absolutely adored the Four Seasons.
Miles and Miles ahead of the outdated Ritz-Carlton, or the filthy and old JW Marriott. It's also a much more relaxing environment.
No Buckhead traffic, No obnoxious noise. The Four Seasons is where the priveledge people stay, and no one could have made it any better.
Great Job Four Seasons

• Liked — The amazing service and comfy Beds. The driver was kind, and the environment was fabulous
  • Disliked — it was perfect
2 Thank lmgb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2008

For the price, I guess I expected something more, although I don't know what. The room was comfortable, but decor was bland. (The bed was VERY comfortable.) The service was excellent. I was there for a three day meeting and all of our catering was good. There was nothing wrong with my stay, but for the price, I expected something extra - be it in the decor or the facilities or the services available. For example, the lobby and bar area were not very spacious. So I really felt confined to stay in my room. The area of town was fine, but not some place to go take a walk and be in a great neighborhood. Being from Chicago, I am used to the Four Seasons location being in the middle of everything. I really don't have any complaints, but the room rate just didn't seem to be worth it.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank joCChicago
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed 29 March 2008

I stayed in the Four Seasons for a business trip. Upon arriving I was greeted pleasantly by the valet. They were very helpful and pleasant, as was the woman who checked me in.

The room was very nice though a bit dated. There was a nice flat screen TV and the bathroom was exceptionally clean. There was turn down service, I was surprised to see that my coat and the luggage I left on the bed were put away upon my return to the room.

Pros
1) Friendly staff
2) Clean bathroom with separate bath and shower, fluffy towels, soap and shampoo from Origins
3) Flat screen TV in room

Cons
1) high speed internet access- you had to pay extra for it. I was a little surprised given the high rate they were charging
2) walls are paper thin - I know this is common for hotel rooms but I could hear every footstep
3) The phone by the bed in the room I was staying in was missing a cord so when my wake up call happened, I had to run across the room to answer it - not such a bad thing since I had to get up anyway but still...

An odd thing also happened when I was there. I was woken up at 12 am by some extremely loud knocking. At first I thought it was just a noisy 'neighbor" but at 3AM I was woken up again by the same loud banging. It was really obnoxious which led me to believe someone was playing a prank. It seemed to continue moving down the hall so I ended up calling the front desk who sent up security. I didn't hear it again but thought it was weird especially after I read a review down below where another person was woken up by knocking at 3AM. Odd coincidence.

All in all it was a nice hotel and I would stay there again...if I wasn't paying. I don't know if it's worth $500 as I have stayed in comparable hotels for half the price.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 January 2008

I am always excited to stay at Four Seasons but.......This hotel didnt seem close to Four Season standards to me.We checked in late and had a nice experience with check in.Valet guys very helpful and pleasant.After going to the room,we discovered we were in a smoking room.We were ticked but decided to stay after A very long day and early wake up call for a meeting the next morning.It was not a great room.It was very dated and the linens really should be changed.The towels that were left were either very new or VERY old.The old were dingy and brown and right next to the new ones to make it even more obvious.Why wasnt this caught?The duvet under the coverlet was DISGUSTING,stains all over and brown,covered by a very crisp, starched and clean coverlet.We discovered this after the first night when we woke up and the cover had slipped off.So we slept under that without realizing.
Room service was prompt and delicious.And breakfast in the restaurant was also very good.The service is up to par for Four Seasons.
The hotel was packed with hockey players as the NHL Allstars were in town.With that said,there was a guy who was the coordinator for the players yelling in the lobby at players every time we were in the lobby.The only time It really became over the top was while we were eating breakfast on the "terrace"inside and he went on for the entire length of our breakfast.I think he should have been ask to lower his voice by the hotel which was NEVER done.
Am I being picky?Not really as these hotels pride themselves on perfection.There are tons of other choices in Atlanta and I think this one should step up there game before Its too late.
For the price we paid,this experience should be perfect and It just simply wasnt.

• Liked — Terrace with the room
  • Disliked — Linens
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Star2
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 28 December 2007

I have not written a TripAdvisor review before, but feel compelled to note a particularly professional and classy gesture on behalf of the Four Seasons Atlanta management during a weekend stay in November 2007.

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons for a weekend while in town for a friend's wedding. On Saturday night, at approximately 3 a.m., we were awakened by a loud knocking at our door. Unfortunately, it turned out that a very drunk man in his mid-20s mistook the Four Seasons for the Marriott (in his defense, he wasn't off by much...the Marriott is right down the street), and would not quit knocking on the door and asking to be let in, as he was convinced that his friends were in our room. We eventually had to call security, who escorted him out of the hotel. The whole ordeal lasted about 10-15 minutes.

The next morning, as we got ready to leave for the airport, I noticed a note from the hotel management that had been left under our door. The hotel, without being requested, removed the entire charge of our room for Saturday night due to the disturbance. While one could argue that the hotel bears responsibility for allowing something like that to happen, I was still impressed that the Four Seasons comped our entire night - I can think of plently of hotels that would not have made a similar gesture.

In total, I found the hotel to be of a high quality with a professional staff. Comparable to other "downtown" Four Seasons hotels that I have frequented. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank cmburke99
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 24 November 2007

Personally, I am an extremely hard grader on hotels. A hotel has to absolutely perfect for me to give a full five stars, but here it is: I have given this property my extremely rare five stars.

Upon entering the lobby, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Although this property is fairly old, it has been kept in fairly good condition. A nice renovation has also taken place.

The moderate room is perhaps one of the largest standard hotel rooms in the city at 42 square meters (450 square feet). The bathroom is fairly large with a separate tub and a glass-enclosed shower. There are plenty of towels and robes. The one-king bed is extremely grand and comfortable with two bedside tables. The LG flat-screen television is of very high resolution, and included in the entertainment is a DVD player, which is extremely rare for inclusion in a hotel room. The view outside the room, although only on the seventh floor, is also a fairly nice one of midtown.

Our occupancy was a party of three. Upon booking, there was a choice between [one king bed] and [two twin beds]. We typically prefer two beds, but these beds were twin beds, which are extremely small, so we picked the one king bed. For a hotel room of 450 square feet, we would expect that two queen beds or at least two double beds would fit in the room. We would certainly not stay in a room with two twin beds; it is simply too small. This situation is not a major issue, but it is preferred that they switch the twin beds to at least double beds.

The pool and fitness area was set up extremely nicely. The locker rooms included pretty much everything. Each locker contained a robe, a laundry bag, slippers, and a digital combination lock. There were towels everywhere, and there is a butler who comes every 15 minutes to make sure that there is a towel placed in every single shower for the next guest to use. There were even extra towels placed on each bench at the pool and complimentary bottled water everywhere. This standard of hotel service is probably the best that we have ever experienced.

The price that we paid for this room was $240. It is worth the price ONLY if the guest takes advantage of the service and facilities, and it is worth the price maybe once every few months. Unless you are multi-millionaires, we recommend that you do not stay at a Four Seasons hotel every time you travel. This level of expense is worth trying once every few months, but if you travel once every week, do not expect that it is worth it. At this level of luxury, the Four Seasons Atlanta is without doubt very very addicting (we did not want to leave), but don't waste your money on just a hotel room.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — twin beds
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank zhangpianist
georgia
Reviewed 19 November 2007

There is not much to add to what has already been written. This was our 4th stay at the Four Seasons in Atlanta. The 4th was a charm, because of a mistake, we were up graded to a SUITE! We usually stay in the premium room, which is very nice and comfortable. But the suite was absolutely heaven! We were jumping up and down like silly kids at our luck! We did not want to leave the room!

Because we had our child with us ,we were worried about dining at Park 75, but they were so accommodating. The food was excellent. The Risotto with truffle oil was superb.

During our 1st stay there was a problem with my spa appointment, but they were prompt to fix the problem and even sent me a certificate for a free service. Oh, if all hotels were like this!

If you want excellent service, great food and a beautiful hotel stay here.

• Liked — The service, attention to details, we love the pool & spa, Park 75 restaurant
  • Disliked — parking: valet and self, is a bit pricey and a bit hectic
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family