“Nice hotel, but not my favorite 5 star in Atlanta”

Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
Ranked #10 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles, California
“Nice hotel, but not my favorite 5 star in Atlanta”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I can't complain too much. There were a couple of issues that came up, like my room not being ready when I arrived at 6pm (later than my indicated arrival time), and the second night I was there they didn't provide turn down service. The strangest part was, that when I complained about it, and told them that they had not attended to my friend's room either I received a hand written note when I returned saying that they actually had done turn down service... Um. What? I have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world so I have a reasonable idea of what this entails. When I brought it up at check out the clerk said I wasn't the first person to mention this, but that some people were maybe confused because they no longer close the blinds... I'm pretty sure it's actually because whomever is working the night shift in house keeping is not actually doing their job!

That said, the room was pretty nice and the bed was comfortable. It was my first time staying in Midtown, and there were plenty of restaurants nearby. I will likely not return to this Four Seasons again, the service/rooms at the Mandarin Oriental and St Regis are far superior in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jules D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The staff was absolutely amazing! The rooms were gorgeous and it was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! I had managed to forget my bow tie for a black tie event the concierge hand delivered one to our room less than 15 minutes after I inquired.

Room Tip: Great concierge..............
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 31 March 2014

A very nice hotel but underwhelms in the Four Seasons experience. This is the second time we have visited and both times we found it nice but not exciting. The room was comfortable and great beds and linens and sheets. As before, the shower is too small to actually turn around and wash in if you are a normal size. For the first day the bath and sink water was so hard as to make lather very difficult. One assumes the treatment system was exhausted or down but this is annoying. Strangely we used one of the bath salts which was not replaced in the next days with the impression that they were saving a small sum. Also, the room service was apparently instructed to turn the AC/heat off when they cleaned so that we came back to a stuffy room which is annoying. I am always intrigued as to why a hotel of this price and reputation tries to sell you drinking water in the room and then provides it without charge at the pool area. And the filled up refrigerator is annoying when one wants to use it to hold ones own items--so the contents get pulled out and left to warm on the counter. We enjoyed an excellent lunch at the pool from the room service and compliment the preparation of this and though we did not have the opportunity to try the restaurant despite its good reputation we assume our sample was supportive of that.

Room Tip: We heard an occasional clunk in the night and decided it was the elevator door or machinery. Our ro...
1 Thank RHSSantaBarbara_CA
Chatt. TN
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a Great Hotel to stay at. The location is very central to everything Atlanta has to offer. Easy off/on to Interstate 75. The staff is very friendly. The romm condition was excellent. My only complaint is the shower. It is small and the water hits you in the face with no adjustment

Room Tip: Premium room with corner view
LaGrange, GA
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This place is just wonderful!! Sort of old world feeling, but classy and very up to date. So friendly, beautiful, comfortable, delicious food at our meetings (amazing attention to every detail ) and at restaurants. Great location.
I am plotting my return even now.

• Stayed March 2014
Rajiv M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, 4 December 2014
Megalith 1,

We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stays with us, and that you noticed the personal touches! We look forward to hosting you again when business or leisure brings you to back to Atlanta.

Regards,

Patrick Bartlett
Guest Relations Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I wanted to get away for a night-we live in Atlanta-and couldn't think of a better treat than to stay a night at the Four Seasons. Wonderful room, great service, and did a nice walk down to street to Veni, Vidi and Vinci! A great combination! Also did the Bed and Breakfast, so breakfast was wonderfully done. A great birthday night!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hunstsville, AL
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Booked Four Seaons for my wife's birthday and our anniversary.
The online booking was easy and you can choose floor plans! Terrific, user-friendly website.
Arrived in afternoon rush hour traffic to find solicitous valets to park the car, front desk professionals who greeted us by name (in fact everyone greeted us by name wherever we went in the hotel, which is amazing), lightning fast check in, baggage help, you name it. The facility is stellar, with opulent and impressive marble floors and decor. We arrived at our sumptuous room on the 16th floor overlooking downtown Atlanta and were thrilled with the upscale furnishings, the wonderfully firm but comfy bed, the exquisite divan, and the superb bathroom. Less than five minutes in the room and housekeeping arrived with a knock to deliver bottled water and ice. Again, we were greeted by name. The hotel is stellar. No positive words exist to adequately rate this hotel. The valets were prompt, courteous whenever we needed the car. The room service came cooked to order, delivered by a courteous waiter. The hotel was quiet, despite being in the midst of Midtown Atlanta. And the hotel was convenient to all of the restaurants and nite clubs in Midtown. This is a truly superb place to stay and, despite its pricey rates, will be my preferred place to stay when in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Get a high room for the view.
2 Thank thecowboylawyer