“Excellent for meetings!”

Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Newberg, Oregon
“Excellent for meetings!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My organization recently held a few days of meetings at the Four Seasons-Atlanta. We were uniformly pleased at the meeting preparations and set up.

Prior to guests arrival, we had a pre-conference meeting with our conference services manager, Richette. She was very helpful, along with Denise and Aniela from accounting and the front office.

The hotel check-in was quick and flawless. Room arrival was easy with a welcome on your flat screen television.

The room had issues holding a proper temperature, often the unit would turn itself off. Other negatives were a very slow drain and a shower that isn't fit for anyone over 6' tall. Ironic that the Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers were in the hotel that week!

The reception on the 50th floor was really great. Views of the city and an excellent wait and bar staff. The prepared hors d'oeuvres were very good too. Our meeting space in the Savannah Hall was comfortable and our needs were very well met. Breakfast and lunch selections were top notch and well received.

I would highly recommend this hotel for meetings, it was a great spot and our guests enjoyed it. Maybe I had a bad room??

Tips:

Make sure you're not getting a room with TWIN beds. Yes, they still have those.

Atlanta has Uber car service...I highly recommend using it!

Very happy with in-room internet. The free version was faster than most hotels that I have dealt with.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have twin beds! 5th floor (I think) has balconies.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I can't complain too much. There were a couple of issues that came up, like my room not being ready when I arrived at 6pm (later than my indicated arrival time), and the second night I was there they didn't provide turn down service. The strangest part was, that when I complained about it, and told them that they had not attended to my friend's room either I received a hand written note when I returned saying that they actually had done turn down service... Um. What? I have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world so I have a reasonable idea of what this entails. When I brought it up at check out the clerk said I wasn't the first person to mention this, but that some people were maybe confused because they no longer close the blinds... I'm pretty sure it's actually because whomever is working the night shift in house keeping is not actually doing their job!

That said, the room was pretty nice and the bed was comfortable. It was my first time staying in Midtown, and there were plenty of restaurants nearby. I will likely not return to this Four Seasons again, the service/rooms at the Mandarin Oriental and St Regis are far superior in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jules D
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The staff was absolutely amazing! The rooms were gorgeous and it was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! I had managed to forget my bow tie for a black tie event the concierge hand delivered one to our room less than 15 minutes after I inquired.

Room Tip: Great concierge..............
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 31 March 2014

A very nice hotel but underwhelms in the Four Seasons experience. This is the second time we have visited and both times we found it nice but not exciting. The room was comfortable and great beds and linens and sheets. As before, the shower is too small to actually turn around and wash in if you are a normal size. For the first day the bath and sink water was so hard as to make lather very difficult. One assumes the treatment system was exhausted or down but this is annoying. Strangely we used one of the bath salts which was not replaced in the next days with the impression that they were saving a small sum. Also, the room service was apparently instructed to turn the AC/heat off when they cleaned so that we came back to a stuffy room which is annoying. I am always intrigued as to why a hotel of this price and reputation tries to sell you drinking water in the room and then provides it without charge at the pool area. And the filled up refrigerator is annoying when one wants to use it to hold ones own items--so the contents get pulled out and left to warm on the counter. We enjoyed an excellent lunch at the pool from the room service and compliment the preparation of this and though we did not have the opportunity to try the restaurant despite its good reputation we assume our sample was supportive of that.

Room Tip: We heard an occasional clunk in the night and decided it was the elevator door or machinery. Our ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RHSSantaBarbara_CA
Chatt. TN
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a Great Hotel to stay at. The location is very central to everything Atlanta has to offer. Easy off/on to Interstate 75. The staff is very friendly. The romm condition was excellent. My only complaint is the shower. It is small and the water hits you in the face with no adjustment

Room Tip: Premium room with corner view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LaGrange, GA
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This place is just wonderful!! Sort of old world feeling, but classy and very up to date. So friendly, beautiful, comfortable, delicious food at our meetings (amazing attention to every detail ) and at restaurants. Great location.
I am plotting my return even now.

• Stayed March 2014
Rajiv M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, 4 December 2014
Megalith 1,

We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stays with us, and that you noticed the personal touches! We look forward to hosting you again when business or leisure brings you to back to Atlanta.

Regards,

Patrick Bartlett
Guest Relations Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I wanted to get away for a night-we live in Atlanta-and couldn't think of a better treat than to stay a night at the Four Seasons. Wonderful room, great service, and did a nice walk down to street to Veni, Vidi and Vinci! A great combination! Also did the Bed and Breakfast, so breakfast was wonderfully done. A great birthday night!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family