“The worst of all”

Ranked #12 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
New York City, New York
“The worst of all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I normally love this Hotel Chain. However this one was a let down from the beginning. After a cancellation of my flight I had to break my trip and decided short noticed to spend the night there. Usually the rooms are nice and cozy. Not this one. I did care less as it was just for one night and I had to leave early in the morning to continue my trip. Exhausted I decided to order room service which I was told comes from their signature Restaurant in house. The food when it arrived was a joke, uneatable steak, cold sides and trimmings. I called room service back and told them about it. No apology, no offer to exchange,.....nothing. I was told they would take care of the charge. The next morning at check out, nothing was removed. I had to be over 30 minutes at the desk until someone took care of a portion of the bill (the steak). Well, Atlanta has plenty of Hotels. However, other cities and Four Seasons experiences have been much better than this one!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Franz K
Rajiv M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Franz K,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and sincerely apologize that it did not meet expectations and I hope my apology makes up for the one you did not receive during your stay. We certainly take your comments very seriously as we want to make adjustments where needed. We hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.

Rajiv Malhotra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Albeit brief, we had an amazing stay at the Four Seasons Atlanta. Wish staff at every hotel were this courteous and helpful. I was so tempted to comp a squat and never leave - bed was awesome, room was great - we even got complimentary water (courtesy of Dasani/Coca Cola). Free parking, and we bought a special package that included tickets to the Philip Haas show at the Botanical Gardens. There's a reason the Four Seasons is the best hotel chain in the world. Thank you to the front desk, valet, and guest shop staff - all made me feel like I was the Queen of England, not just some average joe...

Voorburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Big hotel with a big service. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, but. The frontdesk helped us out by taking care of the luggage. After a visit to the nearby mall our room was ready. The room was spacious with nice views over the street. The bed was very soft. We slept very well. During our stay all personel was more than friendly. We had an absolute great stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Been visiting Atlanta for many years, and have tried many of the newer hotels. Despite all of that, I still feel that the Four Seasons is the best hotel in the city. The service is truly a notch above other hotels, and I think ultimately that's what matters in a top class hotel. The staff are just fantastic - friendly, professional and extremely competent. The chef has added a few things that demonstrate some extra thought - honey sourced from the hotel garden, and free-range eggs on the breakfast menu - and I thought those were great adds. All the usual things are impeccable - nice decor, comfortable beds, on-time room service, great gym plus a high quality bar and restaurant. So, the hotel still keeps my vote as best hotel in Atlanta

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RegTravellers
Amex Traveler,

We're so glad to hear you still think the world of us! We look forward to welcoming you back again!
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Best Hotel experience we have had in Atlanta. The hotel staff was very attentive and did a great job always having a smile on their faces. The restaurant as well was top notch and very pleasant when we had both breakfast and lunch with them. Highly recommend staying here and you can see the service that you get from spending the extra money.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We love to stay at Four Seasons Hotels and have yet to be disappointed with any location, but we especially loved this one! From the 'Gone with the Wind' style grand staircase in the lobby to the impeccable suite with Southern decor and details, we were nothing but impressed. Leave a decorative peach on your bed to avoid having your sheets changed each day- we thought that was a responsible choice. Beds are comfortable (although we did ask for a seperate bed for our teenager when he complained of the bed springs in the pull-out couch being worn) and the bathrooms have full amenities. We ate breakfast daily in the lovely and quaint cafe and found lovely southern- style twists on lots of food choices, along with the usual American fare. Staff at the reception desk and concierge were polite, accommodating and personable. The gym was the only place that I felt was disappointing. Flat screens were hard to manipulate, stations were not ways set up with towels and fresh headphones and the space is like a confined ship galley. The indoor pool, mind you, is lovely! Overall, we really enjoyed this hotel and would return with no hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014
FS-ATL, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear linda_to_go,

Thanks for taking the time to share your 'classy' experience with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and made the time to dine in our restaurant, Park 75. The next time you're here, be sure to try some of our true Southern favorites like the Chicken 'n Waffles or our Red Velvet Pancakes!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Rajiv Malhotra
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My fiance and I needed a one night getaway and we decided to stay here. It was a great choice. The hotel staff was very welcoming and very attentive. The room was very clean and exceeded our expectations. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway in the city