“A very nice FS stay”

Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
Ranked #6 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 13 December 2008

Our family of four stayed at the FS Atlanta over Thanksgiving 2008 (Nov 26-29).
The FS Atlanta hotel and staff met all of our expectations. We booked two adjoining rooms and were pleased with the quality of the rooms. Upon arrival, welcome cupcakes and milk were waiting for the two children. They had sponges spelling out their names in the bathroom and the correct child-sized robes were already waiting for them. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job throughout our stay. The adults also had fruit and water waiting when we arrived.
We dined daily in the hotel and were pleased with the selection for breakfast. The staff were always very kind to us and our children and the food was excellent. We opted for the Thanksgiving brunch (as opposed to the five course dinner) and really enjoyed the presentation, variety and quality of the offerings. There was also a bento box for the children which offered their favorites like chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and more. The staff handled the change in our reservation (we had originally booked the dinner) with characteristic ease. We also enjoyed a lovely room service dinner on Thanksgiving and both the service and food were excellent.
The hotel is within easy walking distance (for our 7 & 9 year old) to the High Museum of Art where we enjoyed the art, two audio tours with family friendly narrative, and crafts for the holiday. We drove to the Georgia Aquarium which was about 15 minutes away and enjoyed that immensely on Thanksgiving. While the hotel is located in a business district, we were within a block of good restaurants on either side. There was a Starbucks and an Einstein's Bros. bagel two doors down. At our request, the concierge recommended two restaurants- Veni, Vidi, Vici and Tamarind Seed. Both were within walking distance and very accommodating to us and our children. V3 easily made a substitution to their delicious Italian menu. Tamarind was very conscious of our child's food allergy.
Back in the hotel itself, we enjoyed the indoor pool immensely. The staff in the fitness area was friendly. The pool was clean and well-stocked and large enough for several groups of guests.
The concierge staff was helpful, tracking down an open bookstore in downtown Atlanta on Black Friday. The front door staff was excellent and was excellent throughout. They are a wonderful introduction to the quality of service that you'll find within the hotel.

Overall, we were very pleased and would not hesitate to return to the FS Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2008

Stayed here with my sister and 2 young boys, have never stayed at a Four Seasons, but thought with kids would be nice. It was great. The service was unbelievable. When we got to our room there was cupcakes and candy spelling out my sons names. Everyone seemed to know my boys and always said hello to them and asked how their trip was going. When we went to the pool, which always had towels and water, the staff would give them things to play with. The pool was gorgeous, we used it every day. The restaurant staff always went out of their way for us, portable dvd players at the table, crackers/food for them right away, remembering what they liked or had the day before. the food was great too. Went running, and when came back to hotel water and towels offered by staff. We had a suite, very large, asked for a fridge before and was waiting for us. The concierge were always helpful and friendly. My complaints are that the room could probably be updated, the walls were very thin, could here the man next door talking on the phone, I mean every word, and not much around the hotel. We did walk from the Marta when we first got there, 2 blocks, and did walk to center for puppetry arts, but otherwise not alot to get to without driving. But the service was outstanding and made my trip so easy and worth it that I had to give 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I stayed at The Four Seasons Atlanta on 05 July 2008 for 1 night. Overall, the hotel is very nice, but was somewhat of a letdown as far as a Four Seasons property is concerned. My arrival was perfect, with extremely nice doormen greeting you the moment you arrive, to the Front Desk, where Chelsea checked me in ( I arrived quite early around 9:30 AM & my room was ready, which was great). She was very professional & showed me to the elevator & spoke on the key facilities of the hotel. My Deluxe room (#1602) was clean, spacious & had a really nice bathroom with L'Occitane en Provence toiletries ( as all FS hotel do) & a great soaking tub with super strong water pressure. The soaps smelled so good & the robes/bath towels were of high quality. The bed was a little firm for my taste, but I slept very well. The Flat Screen TV was huge & had great color. The chaise lounge in the room was very comfy & my view overlooking downtown ATL was beautiful. Evening turndown service was ok---I had to ask for my chocolates to be delievered twice---called down to request them & they never showed. When they did, it was a nice presentation with some of the best tasting chocolate ever! I also asked for lemons from Room Service--took almost 20 minutes to arrive. The Concierges I spoke with were not that good at all. Akiba ( I probably misspelled her name...sorry) was very nice, but lacked the professionalism of a FS Concierge--I often saw her chatting outside with the bellmen in the evening & people waiting on her until she came in. Louis, the AM Concierge was awful--he was not nice, did not show a keen interest in assisting me & when I told him that I wanted to be a Concierge in the hotel industry he never even said much---only a "thats good"---come on, it's the FS--show some enthusiasm! The Front Desk staff I dealt with (Liz, Chelsea & Taylor) were all extremely nice & very professional--they were always charming, smiling & remembered me. I was also upgraded to the Deluxe room (I was originally booked for a Superior King)---nice touch without having to ask for it. Again, the bellstaff were always so nice--I really enjoyed them. The fitness center & indoor pool were beautiful---the citrus water, fresh fruit & chilled bottled water were always on hand in the spa area. Mohamed in the Fitness area was so kinf! The Spa staff working in the hotels gift shop were all very professional & utterly friendly. I only had Iced Tea at the Park 75 Lounge, but the service was great & they offer the best iced tea set-up---they give a tall glass of iced tea with lemon wedge, a small pitcher with extra tea, plenty of sweeteners & a little bottle of simple syrup for sweetness--I thought it was a nice-touch & the best tea ever! The elevators were very fast & the Room Service staff were quite kind. The hotel is located in mid-town(near the Arts center Marta station---very easy to take to & from the Airport--$2.25 per ride--much cheaper as apposed to the $38 plus tip fare in a cab. The hotel is not surrounded by much except for another hotel (the Marriott Suites) a Starbucks & Enistens Bros. Bagel Shop. To get around, you really need a car, but cabs were expensive & hard to go from one place to the next. Overall, the hotel was very nice, but I thought the 2 biggest letdowns for me was Louis, the Concierge--he just was very unpleasant & kind of rude---they need to hire a new Concierge, & also, I was unimpresed with the Lobby---it's not my personal taste--tons upon tons of a rose colored marble, lots of heavy dark wood at the front desk, making the front desk area very dark, & huge white columns, framed by a large staircase( with gorgeous flowers), leading to the dining room/bar, Park 75. It was a little odd for a Four Seasons, but thats my my opinion. I payed $250 for my room, as a Weekend rate. I hope this helps...honestly, I'm in the Hotel Indsutry...but it did not WOW me in any way---but the hotel is nice, not amazing & definately not worth over $250--the weekday rate for my room I beleieve is $430---I would never pay that. Also, the general attitude from some of the staff was very laid back, very! I heard the Concierge say "okie dokie"---strange for a Four Seasons---other FS hotels I've been to were just more professional. Safe travels:)!
I'll be posting pics soon*******

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
5  Thank patrickwNewYork_NY
Reviewed 29 June 2008

I stayed at the Four Seasons in June 2008 for a conference in Atlanta. The property is beautiful and has a very convenient location.
The Pros:
The service was exemplary, as to be expected from the Four Seasons. While we did not eat at the restaurants, the Bar on the second floor has a great ambiance and a wonderful selection of bourbon.
The room was very nice and comfortable with great views.
The Cons:
There were two bottles of Evian in the room. I saw them and thought: "Nice touch by the Four Seasons to have water in the room.". After I checked out, I was charged for them. Fine, I know all hotels have bottles in the room with a notice stating that the bottles are $4. I do not expect to be nickled and dimed at the Four Seasons. They should put the cost of those bottles into the cost of the room. If I wanted a la carte service, I would go to the Residence Inn.
Along the same vein, i hate having to pay extra for wireless internet at the Four Seasons.

In summary, beautiful hotel, nice gym (though a little on the cozy side), and wonderful service but would have preferred to have the water cost added to the room charge rather than paying a bill later.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Atman S
Reviewed 29 June 2008

In business in Atlanta and had the fortunate experience to stay at the Four Seasons. Upon arrival I was upgraded to a wonderful $800 a night suite on the top floor for the $300 room I had booked. The hotel truly lives up to five star caliber. Absolutely everything was perfect from check in to check out.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I recently had the please of staying at the Four Season Atlanta in Midtown a hotel that claims to be a five star property and that bares the 5 Star diamond award insignia on its wall using the accolade to convince customers that the hotel is what it truly isn’t.

For starters the hotels lacks the elegance and charm not to mention the 5 star qualities that put the Four Seasons hotel group on the map many years ago. The rooms are bland, out dated and fail to offer any of the modern amenities or special touches you would expect from a Four Season property. Absent from the room are bathroom amenity kits and even slippers that must be requested from the concierge. The only amenity you will find in the room is an ironing board, iron, yellow pages and a green duck placed on your bed every night with a notice asking you if you want your sheets and towels to be changed as part of a green program. In all honesty this hotel felt more like a Hampton Inn then a Four Seasons especially after getting a wake up call from the hotels operator and being told it was free.

If your are traveling to Atlanta and looking for a luxury experience on par with other Four Seasons properties such as New York, Paris, Milan, and Hong Kong you will be very disappointed.

Personally, I am now starting to question the validity of the 5 Star Diamond Award based on hotels that I have visited that are clearly not 5 star properties but exploit the shield as much as possible. I wonder if this award is given to hotels based on achievements or just for purchase if hotels meet certain requirements.

The Four Season's as a group has grown tremendously through the years with some stellar properties but as a whole they have become complacent losing ground to chains such as Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula and Shangri-La who get it right more times then not!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank jetsetter222
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I, along with my wife and four year old son, stayed at this property last month. The staff was very professional and friendly, the lobby was stunning, and our newly refurbished room was comfortable and delightful. The food was well above average, however, the service could be a tad slow at times. The location was superb, especially with Atlantic Station being in close proximity. If you stay at this hotel and have a child or two traveling with you, you must check out the Center for Puppetry Arts. It was a very nice place to take our little boy. All in all, this is Atlanta's top hotel. Even though I'm sure The Mansion and The St. Regis will be open by my next visit to Atlanta, I will give the Four Seasons top consideration.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family