“Never Disappoints!”

Ranked #12 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Dothan, AL
“Never Disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

We were there for a wedding weekend and wow.....what a wonderful experience! Service was just excellent and prompt. Wedding service was at a nearby church and seated reception was held in the hotel's ballroom. The menu and food selections were very yummy.
Room was very comfortable and quiet. Have stayed at Four Season before, but not in Atlanta. We will be back for a relaxing weekend and spa visit!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

This was my first time having stayed at a Four Seasons and was pleased with the two nights spent. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable but not overly opulent. The spa and fitness center is very nice, clean, and the staff attentive but not pushy. Spent some time in the lounge before dinner and it too is very nice, well serviced, and relaxing. Being in mid-town, it is a little quieter than downtown Atlanta but still within easy walking distance of the Marta station, Piedmont Park, the High Museum, and several restaurants. Went to the South City Grill just around the corner and aside from being hardly any lighting outside above our table, the food was very good and the service was great.

All in all, I'd go back and perhaps try the restaurant (bring your extra wallet) as I hear great things about it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

I had expected the usual Four Seasons luxury and cleanliness, but I found the Atlanta hotel to be a tremendous disappointment. Here are a few of the low points:

- Bathroom: (1) The toilet paper holder was hanging off the wall. (2) The plastic shower seal was hanging off the shower door. (3) The shower door was coated in rust. (4) In general, I felt "icky" just standing in the bathroom!

- Bedroom: (1) The tv remote was covered in dust. (2) Housekeeping did not arrive for the turndown service until almost 9 pm (a little too late for me). (3) Though robes were provided in the bathroom, there were no slippers, nor were chocolates left on the pillows at night... I know these are frivolous extras, but it's the Four Seasons... I expect (and pay for!) a little pampering.

(3) Indoor Pool - (1) There were no lounge chairs inside... all of the lounge chairs are outside, in the sun. Since I was concentrating more on my book than on my suntan, I would have preferred a comfortable indoor chair. (2) Supposedly you can order food while you're at the pool - I can't confirm this since I never saw a waiter/waitress in the area.

All that said, I would like to compliment the hotel staff (the people I actually saw, that is... as opposed to the phantom poolside waiters). The Four Seasons is known for superior service, and the Atlanta hotel staff does not disappoint on this front. They are friendly and efficient. Too bad the rest of the hotel was not as delightful. I will NOT be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank AdventurousTraveler4
raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

Our stay which included our 3 year old grandson was delightful. Everyone at the hotel was gracious and aware of our needs. Our grandson loved the treats provided for him and of course, the swimming pool was his favorite. Our room had a view of all of the skyline of Atlanta. We loved walking in the neighborhood which has fountains and the High Art Museum close by. The food was also superb when we ate dinner. Will certainly return again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

I had a 3 nights reservation and could not believe my eyes:
We checked in to find out our room was half cleaned. Bed sheets were still dirty and soiled from the previous staying guests. The toliet had stains which made me want to puke. The glasses provided in the room two of which had lipstick marks on them. And to add to the fun, in the morning, we were greeted by a friendly roach trampling through our room on the carpet from one end to the other. We packed our bags, checked out immediately and went directly to the St. Regis Atlanta where we should have gone in the first place; a true oasis for the discriminating business traveler. Do not bother with this hotel nor with any Four Seasons Hotels. What's happened to the Four Seasons Chain?

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank FirstClass001
Stone Mountain, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

husband and i stayed here during valentines weekend. nice all around. nothing out of order and no complaints. heavy on the wallet but expected b/c it's THE FOUR SEASONS HOTEL right?! right.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
St Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

The Four Seasons was my choice for conference accommodations in Atlanta. It would have been easier to stay at the downtown conference hotel, but I knew that it would be an underwhelming experience. This property is one of the older Four Seasons - in style and decor, but certainly not in property upkeep and cleanliness, technology capabilities, modern, delicious food choices, and spa treatments. And of course, the service was legendary, as expected. My only disappointment was with the 'separate tub and shower' room I reserved. Yes, they are separate, but the tub is quite small. Not amenable to soaking! Overall, a fine stay and a great location in Midtown.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business