“Excellent airport hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
“Excellent airport hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We overnight at this Hilton on return trips from Europe. The shuttle service to and from the airport is excellent. Rooms have been updated and are nice sized. The executive lounge has improved from days past. The hotel dining options are fine. The staff are courteous and professional.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was here for business for one day. My room was very nice. Liked that I had a large walk in shower with a HIGH shower head (I am tall). Room service was very good and I believe the value of the service and food was great. The meeting rooms were nice and the staff was very helpful.

Quitman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed this past weekend for a family getaway. We chose this hotel because of the overall price when compared with other Atlanta hotels. We chose the family package which included wifi and breakfast. The breakfast every morning was wonderful. Handmade omelets and waffles, numerous juices and fruits, lots of hot option and cold options. Check in and check out were a breeze. The room was nice. My only complaint is the pool options.
With two kids, pools were a big consideration. These pools leave a lot to be desired. The water was ice cold. I've never experienced such cold water. Inside and out felt like ice water. The hot tub was broken. We were very disappointed that we couldn't swim. Other than that, we were pleased. We would consider staying there again.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sabanel
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Sabanel,

Thank you so much for providing comments from your recent stay.I am so pleased that your enjoyed your room and breakfast with your family.
I apologize that the pool temperature was not suitable for you. I have addressed with my team to ensure this does not happen again.
We look forward to having you as a return guest.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Returned and stayed because this was my hometown. The room was a 12, the facilities have always been an 11, the location has always been a 13, the Hilton experience has always been a 12....but at check in .. the representative as a second hand statement, "do you have a car", answer "yes"....that will be $12. a day...next. No directions to the elevators, no Hilton Experience, made my commission, so go away. Here is how this works. You take all the info about the car...make...year...and damn the license number and state. Nothing was provided for my $12.00. No security was evident, anywhere. Front desk a 5 for me.

Room Tip: Don't tell them you have a car!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've stayed twice at this hotel - there were disappointing issues both times. Firstly, the rooms are great - contemporary furnishings, nice look and feel, spacious. The location is just fine for airport access but the neighborhood in general is a bit down-trodden (not sure I'd walk to any of the nearby restaurants after dark). Doing business with Delta? The Hilton is right across the street from their corporate offices - if it's not raining, enjoy the walk! The hotel staff was friendly and responsive on both stays - though the servers at the sports bar were a bit disengaged. So, here's where the Hilton Atlanta Airport missed the mark: On my first stay, I arrived very late evening for 4 nights. Didn't notice anything up front, but after I unpacked I realized that while the sheets were clean, the room itself really wasn't. There was hair on the floor of the bathroom, coffee grounds from the previous stay were still in the coffee maker. While each rooms should have a small refrigerator, this one did not. Because it was late and the sheets quite clean, I put off the cleanliness factor until the morning. When I opened the curtains (bright morning sunshine) I realized the surfaces clearly hadn't been dusted in eons and there was significant dust build-up along the base-walls. I pointed these problems out to the concierge - who expressed appropriate disappointment and assured me the room would be taken care. He was right, when I got back that evening the room had clearly had a thorough, deep cleaning - including installing a fridge. There was also a handwritten apology note from the manager and a fresh fruit and cheese plate on the desk. A Hilton property shouldn't have had this kind of problem in the first place, but the service recovery was admirable and appreciated. The rest of the stay was uneventful. Fast forward to my stay this week... Again, great looking room. I showed up early and was very pleased to get an early check-in. As I was setting up for the stay, realized no shampoo. Quickly got a tube from the hall maid. Next morning shower... the problems begin. I turned the shower not to turn up the heat - and it fell right off. Missed my foot - which is a good thing - because the lever is pretty heavy and has squared edges - had it hit, mostly likely would have drawn blood. Kinda figured out how to reattach the nob and completed the shower - then discovered there were no towels in the room! Dried myself off (more or less) with two wash cloths. Again, the staff were very apologetic. But the bottom line is that the problems I encountered on both stays at this hotel were due to inattentive employees and completely avoidable. Not good for any hotel - but especially for a hotel presenting itself (and charging) as if were a first rate business hotel. The Hilton won't be on my short list for my next Atlanta stay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rihannsu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was at this hotel for a conference, while I did have a car at my disposal, I really didn't want to drive anywhere for meals. We also had very little time for lunch. I understand that eating in a hotel just like at the airport is going to cost more than normal. What I don't understand is how the servers can move so slowly; especially when they know that a conference is in the hotel. It was very obvious that several of the servers were not happy at their jobs. One morning we did walk to the local Waffle House, compared to the hotel staff it was a breath of fresh air.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank turtle_lvr63
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear turtle_lvr63,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. I will be sure to follow up on your comments regarding our restaurant.

We all look forward to having you as a return guest.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This may be the worst hotel in Atlanta; in fact perhaps the worst in the Hilton chain; arguably it may be the worst in any chain in the world. Consider the experience over a two night stay stay.
1. Inability to get names right at check in which led to confusion by people trying to contact me.
2. That error compounded by non-functioning room telephone which transmitted a constant busy signal.
3. The reception staff in a near-fraudulent action attempted to persuade me to take out separate internet access for each device in direct contravention of Hilton policy.
4. The staff were unable to understand that 00.10 am was a new day i.e. Monday rather than Sunday, in relation to room service regulations.
5. My laundry was lost by the simple expedient of throwing it out with the rubbish.
6. Incredibly the server in the Sports Bar attempted to hit up on the daughter of my guest in full view of her mother and myself. He handed over his phone number contact. The child may have been under age.
If Hilton is serious about the quality of its hotels it should send in a team of trouble-shooters to investigate. Perhaps even Paris Hilton might help!
Interestingly, the General Manager whose name appears on the letter of welcome appears oblivious to the shambles he oversees.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank ghook
Mr. Hook,

We are sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is certainly not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

David Piscola
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
The Westin Atlanta Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport

Been to Hilton Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!