“Friendly and convenient”

Ranked #90 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Voorburg, The Netherlands
“Friendly and convenient”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Very close to the airport. It has all the ammenities you want after a long flight. Good food in a friendly environment, nice shower and a good bed. The rooms are spacious and clean. The people at valet parking were very helpfull. Ok it is a big building and it is a bit annonimous. But that's no issue for me.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear michieldekoning,

Thank you for the taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We strive to make every guest stay here the best and we hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Crystal M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
memphis,tn
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked the Jr. Suite and upon arriving and opening the door I could have easily wrote this review and gave it not only 5 stars, but thumbs up & etc...... after actually looking at the hotel, it is showing signs of normal wear and tear. The usual's.... grout on bathroom floor dirty, baseboards dirty and the door sticking from the many times it has been painted over and over again. The room itself is to die for, the biggest shower I have been in with the best shower head ever. I absolutely loved this room. Very spacious. A cheer team could practice a routine in this room it was so huge.The view was marvelous! You can see 3 planes landing and 2 taking off all day every day from room #1301 easily. What's good about it is you are next to airport but you cannot actually hear the planes taking off and landing.

Executive lounge served eggs for breakfast , no meat.... Not sure how this came about and the drinks and the nightly reception all came with a charge. The attendant there was not so attentive either. She seemed like she was just there and that's it.

Went to the pool area, there is one inside and one out and there were NO towels. To make a long story short... in the course of 1 hour I asked the front desk staff on 3 separate occasions for pool towels because there was none. They informed me all 3 times that house keeping was on the way to bring some. Housekeeping never showed up. Spoke with the night manager who WAS NOT concerned that she had not walked her space all day. She was unaware that the dirty clothes hamper that holds the dirty pool towels was so full, the towels were overflowing unto the ground. there were towels on all of the lounge chairs that were not maintained throughout the day. no one checked to see if they needed to replenish the towels and when prompted by me no one even cared to look, they just passed the buck when the end result was no one replenished pool towels in a entire day. it is summer outside people. families do swim, this hotel has double the pleasure... a pool inside and out with no towels. seriously? the manager left such a sour taste in mouth I will never go to Atlanta and stay at a Hilton. Points or not. Diamond or not. We were hungry about 8:30pm and I insist on getting dressed and leaving the hotel because I refuse to pump any of my cash into the hotel and order food from downstairs. Save you money or points on this location. They are incompetent. At least the 2nd shift is.

Room Tip: #1301 Jr. Suite
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pagesinadiary
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear pagesinadiary,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Regards,

Paris
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was my first time staying in Atlanta and this was a great hotel to stay. Very close to the airport and great conference rooms. Having Hilton Honors helped as well. Front desk was very prompt and courteous. Internet was VERY slow but the business center was very convenient. The rooms were very nice (stayed in two doubles) and the fact that there was a lounger was perfect so it wasn't just the desk chair or the bed to sit on (although the bed was very comfortable!). Bathroom was very nicely done, but some may consider small. Since it was only me, it was perfect but I can understand why it would be small if there were multiple people for one room. Not a huge coffee fan, but the Starbucks was convenient, as well as the Finish Line restaurant downstairs. I didn't check out the pool (has an in/out option) or the exercise room for this trip, but they did both look to be recently updated. If I do business in Atlanta again I'll definitely choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get one next to the elevator or the ice machine. The ice machine was one of the loudest I...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Allie H.

Great! thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

We are happy to hear that everything went well for you and that you choose to stay with Hilton for your first time in Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope every stay be just as great as the the first one.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Pushy bellman. I have one rolling bag and a small tote. When I say "No thank you!", back off. I don't care what your manager might think. You should be concerned with my requests, your guest, as your first priority!
Unable to lower the temperature in the room located in the humid South! No need to complain - just poor engineering. Fan too low, temp to hot...
Beautifully reappointed rooms. However, my wife likes to soak in a bath tub. Why are remodels replacing tubs with too narrow showers?!?!
Didn't hear the first airplane even though there were plenty right outside our window.
Add tub and functional A/C and I would rate this 5 stars.
Wouldn't recommend until next upgrade OR wintertime.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Chuckwud,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. We do appriecate you taking the time to give us feedback.

Regards,

S��͏D"
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I had to spend the night in Atlanta because I missed my connecting flight. Decided to stay at this hotel, and the rooms are very nice clean, and the towels looked new and fresh. I am a Diamond member and stayed at the 17th floor. I missed the reception until 7pm at the executive lounge, but it was still open after that with drinks and cookies. I had a white chocolate and macadamia that was pretty good. The breakfast at the executive lounge was not great. They had eggs, runny and cold and no breakfast meats, ham, bacon or nothing else. There were muffins, oatmeal, yogurt cereal and juices and coffee. The coffee was ok. If I am ever stuck at ATL again, will definitely stay at the hotel, but will probably have breakfast downstairs. With the three restaurants that they have, I am sure I can find something better, although I will have to pay for it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear thechooz,

Wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we really appreicate it. We at Hilton love to hear how great our valued guest stay was. We wish you many more great stays with us and hope to see you again soon.

Sparta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My stay at Atlanta Hilton-Airport was very enjoyable and accommodating. Recommendations and referrals are highly likely. My next requirements for lodging in the Atlanta area will definitely be with the Hilton Hotels

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear PatriciamE351CE,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, we do really appreicate it and we hope to see you again here soon.

Leamington, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The best hotel that we stayed at. We would for sure come back and stay at this hotel. We liked to how nice the hotel looked and to how great the rooms looked. Nothing to dislike about this hotel. We really liked hearing the jets take off in the evening and at night. The sound of the jets taking off at night just puts us right to sleep.

Room Tip: The best room would be higher because it is a lot more relaxing and those rooms have a much more nic...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Corney Q.

WOW! Thank you for the feedback and we are glad to know that the jets help in snoozing you off to sleep. We would love to have you back here at our property soon.

Thank you for choosing Hilton for your stay.

Crystal M.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
The Westin Atlanta Airport
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#116 of 174 in Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport

Been to Hilton Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!