“Behind the Scenes Photography Experience”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #27 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Behind the Scenes Photography Experience”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My reviews generally center around a photography experience. The Georgian Terrace is a classic hotel across from Atlanta's fabulous Fox Theatre. I photographed the interior and was amazed at the luxury, yet simplicity of the accommodations. The lobby is a study unto itself. Very interesting shots from up above. The view from the rooftop is stunning. Nearly 360 degrees of viewing pleasure. I was allowed access into the penthouse suites and they are unbelieveably beautiful. Two story suites with a kitchen and dining room as well as bedrooms with private baths. Some of the best photography I've done was in this gem of a hotel. Oh yes, the staff is wonderful too. I highly recommend this venue for travellers and photographers alike.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Oxford, Georgia
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I am a native of Atlanta and now live almost an hour from downtown. We love staying here when we go to the Fox for concerts and my husband's class reunion was also here last year. The check in staff are excellent as are the reservationists. This hotel is a landmark and even though it is older the rooms have been remodeled and are beautiful. We love getting a room with kitchen and having friends for drinks before concerts. The one thing I do not like is the kitchen is not furnished, we bring our own glassware and it may be possible to request it we just never have. I love to stay here and will keep going back!

Room Tip: If you book through an internet hotel website call the hotel before you go to confirm your room is w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvtogo2
Centreville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We often take day trips to Atlanta. We have stayed in several upscale hotels. However this was the best ! From the first minute of our arrival until we left- the entire staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. James, especially do we thank you. And Brittany and Rees for helping us iron out a check out problem.
We will see you again !!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My wife and I are on the last day of a four-night stay at this great hotel, and we had a wonderful time here. The building itself is simply beautiful: an old architectural gem (on a national historic registry, I believe) with some modern additions that compliment rather than clash with the decor. Our "room" was in fact more like an apartment: two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. The beds are extremely comfortable, and service has been exceptional at all levels. We haven't eaten at Livingston's restaurant, right off the lobby, but we did pick up some croissants at Cafe Mims, also right off the lobby, and while they fell short of the kind you would get in France, they were still pretty tasty (but fairly expensive at $2.75 each). The hotel's location (about a mile up Peachtree from the downtown) can be a negative for people who don't like to take a 25-minute walk (or take a convenient subway ride) to get to some of the major attractions, but is also a positive in that it is within easy walking distance of two top-notch and reasonably priced restaurants, Mary Mac's and Papi's, both of which I have separately reviewed. The kitchen, unfortunately, does not come with plates or cutlery, and there is a substantial charge (somewhere around 25 bucks) if you want to order a full set of those, though given the unfailing courtesy of the staff I'm sure I could probably get one or two plates for no charge. There is also a fairly stiff parking fee (also about 25 dollars a day) but as we were without a car on this trip, that was not an issue. The rooms have free wifi for your laptops, and there are also a couple of computers with free internet access in the business center. All told, if you don't mind not being right on top of places like the Georgia Aquarium, Underground Atlanta (overrated, in my opinion) and the Coca-Cola museum, this is a place you should definitely look into. I will unhesitatingly stay here on future trips to Atlanta.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank markh111
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Georgian Terrace recently when we attended a show at the Fox Theater, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel has an air of opulance and charm, and we were flattered by the friendliness and offered helpfulness of the valets and other hotel staff, although, since the parking garage is attached to the hotel and the elevators are conveniently located, we had no problem finding a parking place and maneuvering our luggage to our room without assistance. The hotel's restaurant, The Livingston Restaurant, offers a "Pre-show" dinner, which we enjoyed very much, eating outside on the terrace directly across from the Fox Theater. The location to the Fox Theater is perfect...right across the street, and we appreciated the fact that, after the show was over, a distinguished and very handsomely dressed "traffic cop" stopped traffic and allowed us to cross the street from the Fox to our hotel. My only complaints are that the pillows are all fluff and provide no support for the head, there are no mirrors in the room except for the one over the sink in the bathroom, so my daughter and I had to take turns drying our hair and putting on makeup. Also, we requested higher up room, for the view, and there was a huge air conditioner unit located outside and below the windows of our room which made a loud squeeling noise every time it came on, greatly affecting my sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
RTP, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is a gem of a hotel! What an added bonus to be able to catch a show at the Fox and then walk into modern, regal opulance and great service at the Georgian Terrace. The spacious rooms lend to comfort and an "at-home" feel. My room was comfortable and clean -even the air enabled me to rest well, free of allergy irritants. My room decor was modernly updated and I found the furniture comparable to other large chains. At the start of my day, Rees (at the front desk) and Tim (in the restuarant) greeted me with southern charm and pleasantries. I highly recommend this hotel above the larger well known chains.

Room Tip: If you are looking to save money, this hotel provides good value for your money. I stayed in a prem...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RedbirdNC
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed at the Georgian Terrace for a wedding that was occuring in the hotel ballroom. The hotel itself is beauitful and the arcitecture is very pleasing. The only issues i had with the hotel involved little attention to detail features. For example, the bathroom is quite small (probably because the hotel is so old) and there is not towel bar to hang a wet towel to dry. Not even on the back of the door. There is also no full lenght mirror anywhere, and when you're going to a wedding I thought this was a bit annoying. There are pleanty of doors where one could have been hung, so i dont see what the issue is. Finally, the A/C did not seem to be working very well, and it was quite hot at some points.

As for the positives, the staff was friendly and accomodating. Becuase of the aformentioned towel drying issues, we had to get new towels a couple of times and housekeeping brought them right up. The ballroom where the wedding reception was held looked stunning. Valet brought our car around quickly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KatieT1030
GTManager, Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
KatieT1030,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story about staying with us. We truly appreciate that you booked knowing the interesting historic aspects of the property can also affect things like bathroom size, etc. Several of our rooms have just been renovated. In order to avoid future wall damage, the hardware is still in the process of being hung. We apologize for your inconvenience. The air conditioning is also affected because of the building's historic nature, and I hope you were able to share this information with the front desk prior to check out. We depend heavily on our guests to share issues with us before the end of their stay, so we have a chance to correct it during their time with us. We also truly appreciate our staff compliments. They work hard to accommodate, and we hope they were successful in doing so.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope that you'll be back again to stay with us in the future.

Warmest regards,