“Modern Classic”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #27 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Modern Classic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with wonderful accommodations that are comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurant options are just right for business travel. Great location and easy to navigate around the city.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you very much for your kind Trip Advisor review. Our team here at the Georgian Terrace works hard to keep guests like you happy. I'll definitely pass along your compliments and we look forward to your next stay with us when you return to Atlanta. Thank you again very much!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Blairsville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Checked into the Hotel, lobby, and entrance presented well (what we expected). Check in was professional, informative and easy. The room however was a total let down. Upon entering the room we could immediately see that it was run down and ragged. Base boards marked up, a so called kitchenette - not cleaned properly, run down, water puddles in the refrigerator, nothing in any if the drawers or cabinets. The cabinets were nasty and looked as though they were pulled out if a nasty trailer home. Furniture was all beat- rips, sags, totally outdated and used beyond their life span. The restroom was absolutely awful! Paint peeling off the tub, floors with hair on them, sink and vanity disgusting! Then we noticed that there actually was a bloody hand print on the inside of the bathroom door! That was the last straw- went Dow to speak with the manager - she said she was sorry and that she would move us to a new room. A few minutes later she handed me new keys and directed me to our new room ( several floors up). Upon walking into this room (with all of our stuff that we moved from the blood room), we heard Someone in the room----- all of the sudden an employee from the hotel comes out of one if the bedrooms, walks up to me and asks what we Re doing in the room, and demands my entry key! At this point my daughter (7) was actually very upset, wondering what this man in our hotel room was going to do.... The employee then asked if this room was assigned to me and my family- I responded of course we are, we opened the door with the room key! The employee again asked for my key card, I gave it to him. He then tried my key card to see if it unlocked the door (which of course it did). At that point the employee said oh, have a great stay..... REALLY????? The room proved to be as terrible as the first - without the bloody hand prints though. We went on to our event and then returned to the hotel. I cannot tell you how bad these accommodations were, this was supposed to be a memory filled weekend with my daughter (in a hotel that was presented as an Excellent place to stay) on their internet site - unfortunately we will only remember the hotel with the bloody hand prints on the bathroom door. It is funny how hard you can work and plan a special weekend -only to see it become a completely disappointing time due to an overrated hotel - with SERIOUS ISSUES ! never again Georgian Terrace Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestions with our team here at the Georgian Terrace. Because we are a historic property, we rely heavily on guests like you to help us determine the improvements we'll be making to the property during renovation periods. We have undergone a few so far, and will continue with improvements in various spaces in the future. That said, we are definitely always working to better the amenities and cultivate a more positive experience for our visitors. The suggested adjustments have been noted and added to our renovations.
We hope that you'll be willing to come back for another visit, and see that your recommendations have been applied! Thank you again; we would love to see you for a return trip.
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I travel to Atlanta frequently for business and have always wanted to stay at the Georgian Terrace. After deciding to go to Atlanta for a family trip at Christmas, we decided to splurge and stay here. I was so excited!

This hotel is in a beautiful part of Atlanta - many great restaurants and shopping nearby. It was nice being close to the downtown activities as well as nearby Buckhead.

Though the reservation was incorrect upon arrival, they did move us to the room we wanted. It was huge - three bedrooms and two bath. Since we were there over the holiday, we wanted a more spacious room where I could make breakfast on Christmas day, as well as a living room to enjoy ourselves.

The living room was fine, though dated (though, that is kind of the appeal here). The beds were not comfortable. Our headboard must have just been leaning against the wall because every time I moved, it knocked against the wall. There are no curtains to close in any of the rooms, which was odd, particularly considering the neon lights outside the windows. Because there was a bit of a cold spell while we were there, the lack of curtains made the rooms colder than usual, I would assume. We did call to request extra blankets, but cancelled after 90 minutes when no one had brought them, as we wanted to go to bed. For some reason, we had to unplug some of the lamps as the switches didn't work. Our room did not get cleaned the first day we were there. But the biggest disappointment was that the kitchen was empty - not even a paper towel - nothing! No Christmas cooking for us....

Though I truly appreciate the large room, and the historical property, I don't feel it was worth the price. The parking, at $35 a night, was just too high. The staff was not friendly, and I felt, unapproachable. We were never greeted when walking through the lobby. I don't think it was because they were busy - we never saw another guest during our four day visit.

When I checked out, I was asked about our stay. I expressed my frustrations. As far as the kitchen issue, I was asked if I requested a "kitchen pack." What the heck is a kitchen pack, and how would I have known they existed? If someone books a room with a kitchen, it's assumed that you can use it!

As a gesture, the clerk refunded two nights parking (out of four) for our displeasure. But, with all the great hotels in Atlanta, I don't think I'll be staying at the Georgian Terrace again. Could have been so much better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service and accomodations did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address the areas that we fell short and prevent such service failures reoccurring in the future. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused. Again we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have stayed here a few times, living in the 'burbs nearby, but this is my first review of the hotel.

The exterior, lobby, lounge and restaurants of this hotel are purely stunning. They have updated the main floor restaurant and lounge with a very cool art deco/modern mixed with the original antique fittings. It truly is beautiful. The ballrooms are gorgeous as well. Main lobby bathrooms, front desk, etc have all been renovated and are so nice. This is where the glitz and glam stops.

We stayed in a 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite on the 3rd floor. The room itself was ok, fine. It had a small living room and dining room area. There was also a small room off of the living room that had a sleeper sofa by itself.

This room had a full kitchen that was completely empty. I understand this is not a condo, but the kitchen is an over-sized wet bar, minus the bar. The full sized fridge was great for the drinks and snacks we brought with us. The kitchen sink was nice to have as well. The coffeepot was HORRIBLE. Tiny little weak packets (think Keurig's dinosaur ancestor) and there were only two. BUT the lobby restaurant, Livingston, brews Starbucks and it's delicious.

The real problems I had were while sleeping!

1. The queen bed was lumpy.
2. The pillows were old and lumpy.
3. The duvet inside the cover was old and lumpy and clumpy. It was actually pretty gross. I really have no way of knowing how old it was, but I would have said YEARS, a couple of decades at least.

Also the curtains in this hotel DO NOT CLOSE. So be aware you cannot darken the rooms at all.
Because the curtains could not close, any seat or bed near a window was absolutely freezing. It was in the 30's while we were there, and the room just would not get warm. I finally clipped the curtains closed with hair clips to try and keep some of the cold out. It actually worked very well, proving functional drapes would be a huge improvement.

We had a great time here, had a delicious breakfast, and crashed a fun wedding. (If you are staying in this hotel on a weekend, take a nice dress along and make friends in the elevator with the grooms parents…works like a charm.)

I HIGHLY recommend taking a stroll down Peachtree over to Juniper and eat an amazing brunch at the wonderful Einstein's restaurant (not the bagel place).
Also do the FOX tour across the street...very cool.

The location is wonderful, but this hotel needs room updates like whoa. I looked over at Indigo longingly a few times imagining stark white down comforters and new fluffy down pillows. That's where we will stay next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank EllicasMom
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent location and friendly service is always a plus at the Terrace. Rates are very fair, and suites are great to accommodate a larger party. The shrimp and grits from the Livingston are perfect for brunch-type room service. Kitchens with full size refrigerators are a must for keeping all of your boozy drinks cold. BRING YOUR OWN ICE.

Room Tip: We love corner suites at the back end of the hotel. No noise and very spacious!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PaigeBRobinson
Hubert, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great location! We had a two bed, two bath suite that had tons of room. Really pleased with that. However, in some areas the paint was discolored from years of hands touching white paint. The blinds in our bedroom where mismatched, probably due to one being older than the other. The flusher chain broke on the toilet in out bathroom on the final night. Just issues that come with age.

Also, parking was not included at a $25 per day charge. I'm military and would have liked to had free parking for military. Overall great location and friendly staff so I'd stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BooNPam
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Rex, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel several years ago on our wedding night. We decided to stay at this hotel again to celebrate our anniversary. The suites are very large and clean with many amenities. This hotel is always busy and since it is located on Peachtree Street, the hotel is accessible to many downtown sites. The one negative about this hotel is the parking. The parking is too expensive especially when one pays a decent high price for rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple