The Georgian Terrace Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$294
US$583
US$355
  • Room Service
1,921 results
All reviewsfox theaterrooftop poolfull kitchenlivingston restaurantwasher and dryerthe penthousebedroom suitedirectly across the streetroom servicepeachtree streetsouthern hospitalitygeorgia techvalet parkingself parkmarta stationweddingmidtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm staying at the Georgian Terrace right now. This is the smallest room I have ever stayed in and I have traveled the world - way smaller then your average NYC hotel room. The room is so gross - cigarette burn on the bathroom vanity; the blinds on the window are splattered with God only know what; the hair dryer (that would normally be attached to the wall) is sitting under the sink complete with the wall attachment so that when I plug it in I have to navigate around the dryer cradle that dangles from the cord; there is long back hair EVERYWHERE (the bathroom, in-between the sheets), all the furniture is stained....I could go on.

To add insult to injury, the front desk rang my room at 7:15am this morning to tell me that they needed to run my credit card again for the parking. I guess the letter they shoved under my door during the night wasn't enough for this overzealous clerk. When I went down this morning to sort it out, I mentioned the very early morning call - the front desk guy said: "I don't know who did that; we just started our shift." - No apology, nothing.

Normally, I would ask to be moved to another room, but I'm here on work and simply do not have the time to pack and unpack again. This is the third time that I've stayed here and it will certainly be the last.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mefranc
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We rely heavily on feedback for improvement from our guests like you, in order to aggressively work at cultivating a more positive experience for our visitors. We apologize for any inconvenience you suffered and will use your comments to address all the issues you highlighted.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel must be the best in the city, from the staff at check in, the lay out and cleanliness of the room to housekeeping. We arrived Friday and as my husband was dealing with the luggage and car I checked in. Not only was it quick but the woman behind the desk that we were members of a club and that would mean we could have a late check out if we wanted it, I accepted and got a 2 PM Sunday check out!!. The suite was lovely, a large comfy living room, clean and well appointed bath room and bedroom that couldn't be beat (only wish there had been a paddle fan). We spent two wonderful nights there and I can hardly wait to go back

PS: Try the breakfast with room service.......

Room Tip: Higher floor means less street noise and great view of the skyline
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We really appreciate your great feedback. At the Georgian Terrace we strive to make sure that every guest has a pleasant, comfortable amd memorable experience. Your thorough compliments and detailed comments on the condition of the property give other readers a great visual for imagining what a stay would be like here. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time you travel to Atlanta, and thank you again for the kind words!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Well maintained, historical hotel with an outstanding, professional staff! Excellent and diverse choices for food, drinks and atmosphere. They have done very well to keep the place up and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback. You are very kind and your compliments about our staff and facilities are very much appreciated. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The conference planners choose one of Atlanta jewels. The rooms are spacious and decor classic but bright, very inviting to stay. The hotel food us excellent no need to go out they have it all for you there. Then you can go out for a stroll. It's not busy or noisy around this hotel. I plan to go back in November.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Georgian Terrace. We are so appreciative of feedback from our guests, and most especially when it is so positive! We are glad that our staff and facilities exceeded your expectations. We really are a great value proposition with the additional benefit of having more space. We look forward to welcoming you back again on future visits to Atlanta, and again, many thanks for your kind words!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Lots to favor the Georgian Terrace Hotel. Good location keeps you close to downtown, but walking distance to numerous good Midtown pubs, restaurants, GA Tech, MARTA. Rooms are spacious, but a bit quirky. In the older part of the property at least, each of the rooms is a bit different and some of the layouts aren't terribly efficient, but still spacious. No in-room minibar.

Only drawback to the location its it's proximity to the Fox Theatre (right across the street). If you're in town for a show, great - but otherwise be prepared for a lot of congestion on the streets and area restaurants, and especially in the hotel garage (open to the public) on evenings with performances scheduled.

Be sure to check out the underappreciated hotel rooftop pool/deck for one of Midtown's best views!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators as late night noises carry in the atrium.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SalMonela

Thank you for your kind and detailed comments about our hotel. We appreciate our guests giving us feedback as it helps us to become better at what we do. We look forward to your return visit.