“Great hotel”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our stay at the Georgian Terrace Hotel was great. The staff is OUTSTANDING! The hotel was overbooked and our room was not available. They gave us an upgraded room, from a single queen, to a suite at no extra charge. The staff is incredibly helpful and always ready to serve. They made my wife's and I vacation great. We even extended our stay an extra day. The rooms are clean and roomy. Their staff are the best! Whenever we are staying in Atlanta it will be at the Georgian Terrace.

1  Thank Jamie M
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words you have for our staff. We are very proud of the men and women who strive to make the Georgian Terrace a great experience for our guests. We can confidently say we have some of the best trained employees in the industry. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,888)

999 - 1,005 of 1,888 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I love hotels with history, the Georgian Terrace has been a fixture in Atlanta since 1911 and the grand ballroom hosted the world premier reception for Gone With the Wind. It's a stately, classy hotel and the service is great.

Directly across the street from the Fabulous Fox Theater makes it a great place to stay when you want to catch a good show.

Don't miss having dinner or breakfast in the gorgeous Livingston Restaurant. It has a beautiful chandelier, marble columns, and a great terrace for those who like to bask in the sun while they eat.

1  Thank CHARLES C

Thank you for your kind words. We are honored to have you as our guest and glad that you enjoyed the uniqueness and historical richness of our property. It is the goal of our professional and friendly staff to ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Georgian Terrace twice while in Atlanta on either end of a wedding in North Carolina. What strikes you first is how beautiful this historic building is. Second, they make you feel very welcome and apprciated. Both stays, the room was very clean and comfortable. Room service is reasonably priced for a deluxe hotel and the quality of the food was absolutely excellent. They add a 22%tip and then add another line on the bill for an additional tip which the server then tried to guilt me into adding which I was not too happy about, but I already mentioned this to the hotel in their exit survey. Parking is expensive at $25 per night, but very convenient, covered, and with unlimited in/out priveleges and right next to hotel. Location is wonderful as you can walk to many restaurants and Piedmont Park is about a 15 minute walk. There is a rooftop view deck with a large swimming pool we enjoyed that very much. Highly recommend this place if you want to be in midtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: Ask if they have their special for a one bedroom suite. We got one for only $143 per night and it w...
1  Thank easterbread

We really appreciate your nice review of the Georgian Terrace! Your thorough compliments and detailed comments on the condition of the property give other readers a great visual for imagining what a stay would be like here. I apologize that you found our parking rates high but they are comparable to other hotels in the area. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time you travel to Atlanta, and thank you again for the kind words.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My recent stay was for a quick one night business trip-- and I definitely plan on returning to enjoy this property even more!!

The team at the Georgian Terrace are some of the friendliest and most welcoming people I have encountered! From the time I arrived I was blanketed with true southern hospitality - please pass on my thanks to the team who made me feel at home during my stay. Lorne checked us in at the front desk and was so nice--everyone at the bellstand, Nate and Stefan at P&P, the MIMS Baristas, our server in Livingstons.. all were outstanding! I wish I could remember all their names --

The guest rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. There are so many different types of rooms it is easy to select one that will be the best layout for your stay whether you are traveling on business, traveling with family or there for a wedding and utilize the gorgeous bridal suite!

The rooftop pool is a nice touch-- although I was there in the middle of a summer thunderstorm and didn't get to use it, I definitely went up there for a photo-op.

I am still craving the delicious caramelized onion, mushroom and swiss omelet in Livingstons -- highly recommend it!

Stay at the Georgian Terrace-- you will love it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MrsFallis
J Mark W, General Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear MrsFallis,

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us here at The Georgian Terrace Hotel - we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make every guest experience memorable and special, and from your comments, it looks as though we did!! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff. Feedback - both positive and constructive - is crucial to our never ending drive for perfection.

Again - thank you for the kind words, and thank you for staying with us. We do hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.

Warmest regards,

J. Mark Williams
404-898-8326
mwilliams@thegeorgianterrace.com

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Daughters Wedding Event occurred at the Ga Terrace. The event was moved along well. The accomodations for bridesmaid activities were wonderful. Rooms for all the quests were nice and roomy. All family and relatives felt they were treated well . The only complaint is the food for the sit down wedding reception . The food was a little overcooked--My vegetable carrots were burnt and un edible. Overall a Great venue for anyone

Room Tip: Rooms very nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Judy H,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for choosing The Georgian Terrace Hotel for your daughter's wedding - we are very happy that the events and activities were enjoyed by all!! We strive to make every guest experience - particularly one of the most important days in anyone's life - special and memorable. I did see that you stated your meal at the event did not meet with your expectations - and I sincerely apologize for that. I am hoping that you can offer some more specifics that I can share with our culinary team to ensure they address those issues to prevent them from happening again - because we strive for perfection.

Again - thank you so much for the opportunity to host your daughter's very special day, and we do hope that you will recommend, as well as visit us the next time you are in Atlanta.

J. Mark Williams
404-898-8326
mwilliams@thegeorgianterrace.com

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Came to town for a show at the Fox Theater and to see some old friends.Took the train from the airport for $2.50. I highly recommend this as opposed to a $50.00 cab ride.The Georgian is an old classic beauty directly across the street from the theater. I arrived late in the afternoon to be greeted by a long line at the front desk.There were several clerks working steadily to get us all in. The front desk is quiet small for a large hotel but I was welcomed at first by two delightful ladies, Shaheda and Linda. The room was wonderful but not quiet large enough as I was expecting another overnight guest the following day. I went back downstairs and inquired as to a suite for the one night, the manager upgraded me for both nights and I could have lived in that room. LOVELY. The linens are nice and there were plenty of amenities. The furnishings are very dated but charming, a little like staying at Grandma's house. This hotel is old and has been remodeled. She must be a bear to keep up with maintenance-wise. Having been in the hotel business for over 30 years, I am quite discerning when I travel so I notice everything. The staff was quite friendly and very helpful. I headed to the bar to meet a girlfriend currently works for Hilton. Headed downstairs and was greeted by the bartender Rob. Very friendly guy, makes a good drink, good service. I went outside to the terrace and held court there for the entire stay. Had I not needed an aspirin the next morning I would have never left the hotel. My second day started with a lovely greeting and special bloody mary crafted by the lovely and talented JAMIE. She's a star and I would hire her in a heartbeat. Had biscuits and gravy that were 2 die 4
Met up with my dear friend and show companion after lunch and we again held court on the terrace until it was time to get dressed for the show. Had front row center which was awesome, as was the old Fox. Magnificent time would highly recommend and will return.

Room Tip: Be nice at the front desk even if you have to wait!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words you have for our staff. We are very proud of the men and women who strive to make the Georgian Terrace a great experience for our guests. We can confidently say we have some of the best trained employees in the industry. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our recent stay was to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (we also stayed at the Georgian Terrace on our wedding night 10 years ago). Before our arrival I added the Champagne and truffle package to our room. Upon our arrival the front desk staff wished us a happy 10th anniversary and told us that our room had been upgraded by the hotel! Such an unexpected treat!! The room was AMAZING! We couldn't have been more impressed by the hotel or the staff. We just wanted everyone to know how much we appreciate the way we were treated. The Georgian Terrace is awesome!
We totally recommend this Hotel!
-Brian and Heather

Dear Brian and Heather

Our team here at the Georgian Terrace works hard to keep guests like you happy. I'll definitely pass along your compliments and we look forward to your next anniversary when we hope you will stay with us again. Congratulations and thank you again very much!