“A Genuine Atlanta Experience”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #18 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I'm wrapping up a 3 night stay in Atlanta at the Georgian Terrace. I've been coming to Atlanta for about 10 years and have always ended up downtown near the Atlanta Mart. I was never impressed with area, but stayed there for the ease of walking to the Mart. Now I have a much better place. First the hotel-The G.T. is a great value. I got a petite suite for $115 with tax. The bed is comfortable as are the furnishings. I will say that some of the furnishings are beginning to show some wear, but I can accept that. There's a great big flat screen TV and my room had lots of windows and a sliding door that actually OPENED! The bathroom was updated and functioned well. Place was very clean and the staff all around were a happy, hip and helpful bunch. I was here on a warm Saturday night and the place was full of life with a number of weddings and bridal showers. Neighborhood is decent and offers a number of eating and shopping establishments nearby. Just a few blocks away is a great and amazingly quiet neighborhood of tree lined streets and private homes great for your morning or evening walk. Catch a movie or show at the Fox Theater just across the street. The cost of admission is worth it just to see the inside.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,873)

Reviewed 5 August 2009

Orbitz didn't send this hotel our information! But the hotel wound up upgrading us to a huge suite because of it!! The room was huge and spacious and clean. They have a pool on the roof and a fitness center just below. I would recommend visiting both. The view is incredible. It's within walking distance of a few good restaurants and shops but i'd recommend driving to things like the aquarium, CNN, coca-cola, etc. Valet parking is $25 per night but the valets are friendly and speedy. I wish we had more than 4 nights there.

Reviewed 4 August 2009

On a recent trip to Atlanta my family and I (including 1 7year old child) spent on night at this hotel. I made reservations one month in advance and requested smoking and a sofa bed since there was only two beds in a two bedroom suite. We had three adults that all required a bed. When we checked in they did not have us down for a smoking room, so we had to wait until they got one ready. When we got to the room and started checking for the sofa bed, guess what, no sofa bed. I phoned the front desk to tell them we didn't have one and was told "get me about 45 minutes and we will find you a room with a sofa bed". I never heard from them again. We had to end up pushing two sofas together for one adult to sleep on. Very uncomfortable. The two beds there were very comfortable, but I expect to get what I requested and paid for. We will not stay or recommend this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Hotel and staff were nice but the sheets and comforter on the bed had several blood stains. I mean, they were stains but throw them out and use new ones-we pay enough for the room. It was uncalled for. Parking was unreal-you pay for the room which isnt cheap and you have to pay $22 to park in there lot. Crazy

Reviewed 26 July 2009

Our most recent stay at the Georgian Terrace was on July 24, 2009. We chose to stay here based on our experience of a stay in May 2009. Unfortunately, this experience was not as nice. We decided to park ourselves. Overnight parking was $22.00. Check-in was quick but not friendly. I did excuse the front desk people because they were also dealing with an agitated woman with suitcases opened and spread around the floor in front of the desk.

We paid around $150, including tax, for each visit. Our first visit was in a one-bedroom suite overlooking the parking deck driveway. The second visit was in a single-king to the opposite side and overlooking a street and a roof toward the back (rm 317). I don't know why the price was the same even though two different categories of rooms were booked. Both rooms were basically the same condition. Beds were very nice and clean, bathrooms were dark, kitchens and furniture were dated but not a problem, floors and fabrics on chairs/sofas were dirty and stained. The cleanliness was the same in both locations and would not prevent us from returning.

Now for the issue: Shortly after 2:00 am, we were awakened to the beep-beep-beep of large equipment being backed in just below our window. These sounds continued through most of the night and were still going on when we left around 8:00 the next morning. Add to this dropping off of dumpsters, sirens of police directing traffic around whatever was going on below us, and people yelling instructions! I don't know what was done overnight but it was too loud to sleep at all. When we left, a large crane was being positioned and the work detail appeared to be on our outside wall. I find it hard to believe that the hotel even booked us into this room when they had work scheduled that was going to be loud all night! I considered requesting a new room at 3:00 am but knew if I got up and packed I would just go to my car and go home.

Check-out was also a disappointment. I walked up to the desk and stated that I was ready to check out. The young man asked which room and I told him, "317." I stood there while he entered the information. Then he just stood there looking at me. I looked at him. He looked back. Finally, he said, "Everything has been paid for." Nothing more; No papers, No thank-you, No inquiry about my stay.....Nothing! I finally just turned around and walked off. The hotel requires a credit card or $100.00 cash for charges you may incur during your stay. 56 hours later now and the Georgian Terrace still has a $75.00 hold on my credit card.

The hotel is in a great location for activities in Atlanta and especially at the Fox. We've decided that next time we go to the Fox we will return to staying at the Wyndham Garden Hotel and hire a cab. Including cab fare, it will still be less expensive and we've never had noise problems at the Wyndham.

Reviewed 20 July 2009

We (3 adults and a 2.5 year old) stayed at the Georgian Terrace Hotel in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite from 30 June to 7 July 2009. The pros of the hotel are the beautiful lobby area and the friendly staff, especially the very nice older gentleman who greats the guests at the entrance. Also the suite is very spacious and it has a full washing machine and dryer.

Now for the reality check. The interior of the suite for which we paid nearly $300 per night was so dated I couldn't believe it. Bathroom furniture from the 70's. In the kitchen they have a microwave oven that is so old, it does not have a rotating plate in it. The furniture in the living room is so worn (carpets are stained) I am amazed that the hotel management is not ashamed to present this to their guests. Another first for me was that you have to pay separately for kitchen utensils. I've stayed in many decent hotels for a significantly lower nightly rate and never did we have to pay separately for kitchen utensils. And then when you pay the kitchen fee =$25, you get enough for only 2 persons. PLEASSE!! The washing machine and dryer are so old that the noise they make, has you thinking you're on a construction plant. We asked for a more updated suite but were told that all multi bedroom/bathroom suites were similar.

To go short, I do not think the price/quality ratio at this hotel is ok when it comes to the 2bedroom/2bathroom suites. If you desire multiple bed- and bathrooms go for 2 one-bedroom suites at other hotels, you pay the same or even less and get a lot more for your money.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2009

the first time i stayed at the GT, i found a special on orbitz, and was intrigued. so, i booked a room for a weekend getaway with my husband. we dined at babette's cafe- exceptional food! we took cabs around the city. the room was fanTAStic. we stayed in the two bedroom suite for less than $180! we recently stayed again after a show and was just as impressed. very clean, very comfortable rooms with fantastic bathrooms. :)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple