DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #121 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 9 October 2013

the hotel was nice; workers very helpful; but the hotel could have been more compassionate about my luggage pick up at the airport, such as extending a courtesy for someone to pick it up at the airport whether it was my fault or not.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay; it appears that your overall experience was positive. I appreciate the kind words regarding our great employees. I apologize that we were not able to assist you in going to the airport to retrieve your luggage, however the hotel does not have a shuttle, and for liability reasons we do not instruct our employees to go on hotel business in their personal vehicles of property. Normally lost luggage is delivered by the airline in question.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel is very clean. The rooms are very well decorated and comfortable. If you get Sammy as your valet he is outstanding. He is hardworking and quick to respond. Sammy will take very good care of you. My only con was the noise level on my floor because of another conference that was going on. It would be great if someone was spot checking the halls late at night.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. We frequently receive positive feedback regarding our wonderful employees and the service they offer. Sammy is a fantastic example of this, and I am glad you agree. I will ensure I share your comments with him. I do apologize for the noise you encountered on your floor. We have 24 security in the building, that does walk the property during their shift, and when notified or they come across guest disturbances are quick to respond and fix the issue. I will follow up on their shift orders and increase the patrols accordingly.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The room was immaculate, though the check-in process was lacking as was the assistance at the front desk. Not bad...just blah, especially since they weren't able to check in ANY of us who were part of a conference in their hotel that they knew was starting at noon, so we had to take unexpected breaks so people could finally check in to rooms. The bell staff was great, as were all other staff members seen walking around. You couldn't pass someone without hearing, "I hope you're enjoying your stay!"

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. I appreciate the 5-star rating on location, rooms and cleanliness, and the kind words regarding our wonderful employees.

We hope to be your first choice when your plans bring you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Location was perfect for the conference I attended, also the room rate was good. Room was nice and comfortable. Hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay here again, and plan to do so in the very near future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the positive comments regarding our, clean rooms and great beds and wonderful staff. From this review I see we will have the pleasure of your company on a future visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The staff at this hotel was absolutely perfect! They were very attentive and spoke every time I saw them in the lobby. Sammie - the bellman went above and beyond the call! He is a great employee. The rooms were spacious. The pillows in my room were great! I will definitely be back at the Doubletree on my next trip to Atlanta.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. We are very proud of the wonderful service our employees provide our guests, thanks for recognizing them. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room, and the Doubletree Sweet Dreams Bedding package.

We look forwards to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

convenient place to stay...
in the heart of Atlanta, pulling into front is tight, road work currently in progress laying trolley track. room adequate could use some complimentary water, need full length mirror. very basic no refrigerator! (pet peeve)
consierge very helpful for dinner suggestions
good location, near aquarium, world of coke, CNN and Olympic park all walking distance.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback and the kind words regarding our great team members. Our location in close proximity to all of the downtown attractions is a very popular feature with our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

A TripAdvisor Member
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was a Marriott 2 years ago...instead of updating it Marriott sold it to Hilton and Hilton made it a Doubletree. Not sure if I enjoyed the daily interaction with the homeless folks that camped around the hotel, the 6:00 a.m. construction crew wake-up call, the thin walls that allowed me to watch one TV show in my room and listen to another show from the next room, or the banter of the hotel employees I could hear in the hall while I was in my room. The "security"device in the elevator that required you to have a room key to get to a guest floor didn't work all week. Marriott made a good move of dumping a hotel to Hilton. The doormen were great as always...front desk staff - fair

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I appreciate your feedback and your high ratings of our hotel. I do apologize that the City of Atlanta's Street Car project interfered with your sleep. I am in contact with the company (URS) contracted to conduct this project to work on noise reduction, especially at night. I also have copied your feedback and shared it with their Project Director. As for noise on our Guest Floors we do have 24 hour a day security, and when they are alerted they are quick to respond and rectify these issues. We have renovation plans, and actually they start this month, following the installation of the Doubletree Sweet Dreams Bedding and Linen package, we will be going through a public space renovation. We will be completely renovating the Lounge, Lobby, Fitness Center, Guest Room Corridor Carpet, and our elevator cabs, with more to come in 2014.