“Double Tree Atlanta a Nightmare”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #130 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Dallas, Zimbabwe
“Double Tree Atlanta a Nightmare”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

If you want to experience the worst staff attitude, smelly rooms, this hotel is a good case study!I checked out of the hotel after 2 hours! I would highly recommend exercising your options and choosing another hotel. dont say i didnt warn you!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkGallagher37, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am disappointed to see you had a poor experience and felt the need to leave after such a short period of time. Please feel free to contact me to review the details of what you encountered.

Best Regards,
Melissa Harris
melissa.harris3@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We reserved hotel through HHonors after looking at pictures and reading what Hilton had to say about this hotel. The information given on Hilton's website was deceiving and incorrect about hotel and quality of location. The hotel looks modern and updated in the pictures online, but when we arrived it was an old hotel that needs updating. The location of the hotel has construction outside in all the roads surrounding the building. Which made it very hard to get to the hotel. The front desk staff was very quick to check us in, and didn't explain anything about facilities in the hotel. REMEMBER when looking at this hotel online the reason why there isn't too many pictures is due to the hotel not being honest about where your staying and posting deceiving pictures. I expect more staying at a hilton hotel and luckily we found a nice hotel in a different hotel the next night.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Teckmo40
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The hotel became a DoubleTree in April of this year but the building itself is actually over 50 years old. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations in the restaurant/bar and then additional renovation work will begin in the lobby. The road construction outside of the hotel is ongoing as the City of Atlanta installs the new streetcar tracks. Once all of the work in and around the hotel is complete new photos will be available.

Best Regards,
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Room was comfortable but was showing its age. The wood trim on the mirror in the bathroom needed refinishing. My travel mate checked into one room that "stunk" and had to be moved. Faucet in the tub had a slow drip. Hotel is very convenient to several good restaurants, and centennial plaza. There were renovations going on in the lobby.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Even though your stay did not meet your expectations, we sincerely value your response and will use your comments to improve our hotel. We are currently conducting a public space renovation starting November 12th with our lobby, lounge, fitness center, guest room corridors carpets, and elevators all being addressed, with more to follow in 2014. Again thanks for the feedback.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 23 November 2013

stayed in for 4 days, old and ok hotel. too many loud Saints fans in there. the front-desk is not very friendly when i first tried to early checked in. and it is under renovation so it is a little bit messy there

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am happy to report that the hotel as you noticed is currently under a public space renovation, with the Fitness Center, Restaurant, Bar, and Hotel Lobby all being addressed. On the Guest Room floors we have already in place the Doubletree Sweet Dreams bedding package, and will be undergoing a full guest room corridor remodel that will be completed by February of next year. We have plans to continue to re-invest in the hotel over the coming months in 2014 including updates to our guest rooms.
Your opinion is very valuable to us and I appreciate you taking the time to write

Best Regards

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Every person we encountered was friendly and welcoming. The facility was clean and comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant and the food was great and service excellent. The location was convenient to town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind words about the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our wait staff was eager to assist. Our F&B employees take great pride in their work, knowing that every detail makes a difference. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This Hotel is dirty, rundown, the staff is completely incompetent, and still has not responded to our emails, phone calls.. this so called hotel should not have a Hilton name attached to it.. stay away from room 437 as well, this is the room my husband and I stayed in.. at 12:30AM the hotel alarm went off waking us up, after living in New York City and going through the horrors of 9/11 we were scared to death, we called down to the desk to ask should we get out to the hotel, the women on the line told us "NO" nothing was wrong and to go back to sleep, of course I than said "why is the alarm going off", she said it was a total accident, and she was waiting for the handy man to shut it off.. needless to say my husband and I were up all night! I can go on and on about this Hotel, but I'm running out of space!

Room Tip: all I can say is say away from this Hotel, room 437 is disgusting!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Joann W
MarkGallagher37, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Please contact me at your convenience so we can review the details of what you encountered during your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,

Melissa Harris
melissa.harris3@hilton.com
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I chose this hotel because it was in the HHonors program and I usually am very satisfied with Hilton Hotels. The Doubletree isn't a bad hotel at all, but for close to $200 per night I expect a hotel shuttle like all the other hotels in downtown Atlanta have, and I do NOT expect to have to drag my luggage up stairs at the front entrance. Not one of the four porters at the door offered to help me, and no one apologized for not having stairs. Do they at least help the people in wheelchairs?? If I could do it over again, I would not have stayed at this hotel. There were plenty of better options nearby that would have had basic amenities.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. I apologize that the hotel did not fully appeal to your expectations. Please be assured that I have followed up with my Valet and Bell Team on the lack of assistance you received upon your arrival. Normally this team leads the way with our guest service, so I apologize for the let down. We have an ADA ramp located to the immediate right of the hotel entrance. As far as providing a shuttle, the hotel does not currently have one on-site, and there are no immediate plans to add this service in the future. We hope that this isolated occurrence does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.