“Under construction”

Ranked #123 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, United States
“Under construction”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The hotel is going through a remodel. There was no vending machine service, but you could get water,soda ,etc from a cooler behind the temporary front desk. The A?C unit was a bit funky,but I figured this was part of the reason they are remodeling. I LOVED the warm cookies and the warm reception. I will definitely go back when the Hotel is all fixed up!

1 Thank Jim M
melharris3, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay. The hotel is currently in the final stages of the first phase of renovations in the public spaces. This portion of the project is scheduled to be completed by the end of this month. Vending machines are available on each of the guest room floors in addition to the items that can be purchased at the Front Desk.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bloomfield, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Very nice place to stay. It is a little dated but they are remodeling now, so I would be interested to see how that turns out. Some of the area looks like it has already been remodeled and looks great!! The staff is outstanding and very friendly.

1 Thank Jason H
melharris3, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review of your recent stay. As you mentioned the hotel is currently undergoing renovations in the public spaces. The current phase is scheduled to be completed by mid-spring which will be followed by additional renovations to the guest rooms later this year. We hope to see you again in the future so you can see the finished product.

Bowling Green, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Room was great and hotel staff were great. The valet staff were particularly helpful and friendly. I inadvertently left something in the car and they were happy to help me retrieve it. They were also very helpful with directions. The housekeeping staff were also helpful and friendly when answering my questions. The location downtown was excellent being close to restaurants, other hotels and the GWCC.

1 Thank Rich P
Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review of your recent stay. I am very happy to see that you received great service from every team member you encountered. We hope to be your hotel of choice for all of your future stays in downtown Atlanta.

Waxhaw, NC, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I parked my own care, no one at the stand. Was repremanded for this. Checked in and walked through the 8th floor full of the smell of drugs to the occupied room that I was issued. Was issued a new room, not what I book, smaller and two beds rather that the upgraded king that I was given to start with. The new room was filthy. Bread on the floor, used glass on the floor and hair and toothpast in bathroon. Tub faucet leaked also. The dining experiance was great and so was the food but the parking and room experiance was not what I would expect as a Hilton Diamond memeber or what I am used to haveing for a Double Tree stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry you did not have a more pleasant experience during this stay. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss what you encountered.

678-686-3357
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 February 2014

As other reviewers have said; the walls are thin. However, this was only a problem for me on one of the 3 nights I stayed. I can only assume there wasn't anyone staying in the next room the other two nights. The staff, however, was very accommodating during the second "ice storm" and went out of their way to make a disrupted a smooth as they possibly could. A special thanks to Cameron and Mikhail of the bell-staff who were always helpful and provided a nice greeting. The workout room was surprisingly nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay. I am happy to hear you had an overall positive experience especially during this ice storm when the hotel was running on a limited staff. Cameron and Mikhail are true assets and will be recognized for the service they provided. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Adel, Georgia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Recently I stayed at Doubletree Downtown Atlanta for a Cheerleading competition. I needed to go to my car, but not get my car. After explaining what I needed the valet man rudely said, "maam, I know what Im doing!!" Rudely! I followed him to my car and as we were leaving I didnt hear the lock of the door. I then asked if he locked my car. His words were excactly,... "You must think we are idots and dont know how to do our job!! In a very rude voice. I then said, No, I want to make sure you locked my car properly and Im double checking, I do not trust leaving my car unlocked. I then asked his name and appoligized for offening him but that is my posssions and I do not trust him or anyone else in a big city to leave my car unlocked. I greatly offended him for even ASKING if he did his job!! RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!! I do not recommed the Double Tree ATlanta to ANYONE!! The place in under remodling and needs alot of help!! After reporting his rudeness to the manager I felt like they could care less!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hotel_Mgmt_Team, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We apologize that it didn't meet your expectations. Our Valet team assists with transporting of guest luggage to our Bellmen or in sight of the front desk. We usually don't experience any challenges but will ensure we communicate with Valet. We will follow up with the Valet Manager on the expediting of the hotel vehicles and see if we can come up with a better form of communication if in fact; they are overwhelmed with a big arrival or departure.

April Mosley
Operations Manager
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Our room with balcony overlooked the Tabernacle, the new ferris wheel and Olympic Park. Easy walking distance to everything around Congress Center, Dome and Phillips Arena as well as Aquarium and World of Coke.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank DW D
melharris3, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your room and hope you were able to take full advantage of the hotel's convenient downtown location. We hope to be your hotel of choice for all of your future visits to Atlanta.