“Good location and decent value.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #130 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
white plains, United States
“Good location and decent value.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at the this hotel for a conference. It was a good location to be kinda close to the Georgia World Conference center and close to a train stop and access to the air port. Staff was very friendly. The place is a bit old and it shows, but it was sufficient and a good price. The room was clean, but it could have been a little cleaner. Some glass shelves in the bathroom hadn't been dusted in quite some time. The plumbing in the tub wasn't working great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hotel_Mgmt_Team, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our great downtown location to enjoy all that the local area has to offer. I do apologize for issues you encountered during your stay. I have sent the housekeeping team to address. I hope you will join us again on your next stay to Atlanta!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Troy, MI, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Your hotel needs updating. The tub facet leaked. I had to turn the tub controls to fully hot, just to get a warm shower. It took a full 3 minutes for the water to get warm. The quality of the wall painting looks like the very low bidder got the job, a bit sloppy. The hallways are below average for a downtown hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to see that your experience was less than desirable but happy to see that our team was able to assist as much as possible. The property is 50+ years old and currently undergoing our last week of renovations in the public spaces. The guest room renovations are planned for later this year. We look forward to showing our newly renovated hotel soon!

Operations Manager
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The room was overpriced (I had a view of a brick wall), yet clean and comfortable. The best thing about the DoubleTree downtown Atlanta were the staff. Every one was professional, friendly and helpful. Also, it's one of the only hotels downtown that doesn't have a shuttle to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hotel_Mgmt_Team, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay and the kind words about the hotel staff. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our great downtown location to enjoy all that the local area has to offer. We do not offer shuttle service, but do work with several companies in the area that do provide airport transportation. We look forward to your return!!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Upon entry you can hear the hotel was going through a cosmetic makeover in the lobby and restaurant area. It was quite loud inside. I wasn't greeted upon entry but walked up to the front desk and was greeted and he was polite and professional. Upon entry to the room you could tell that they need to repaint as several areas were peeling. The room appeared to not have been used in a while and was dusty, especially in the bathroom. We were only staying overnight so I wiped things down myself. We were there on business and shortly after my arrival, we had to attend a meeting and left only to return very late in the evening. The bed was very comfortable and we were able go to sleep quickly only to be jolted awake early the next morning by the housekeeping staff person beating on our door. My husband finally got up and answered the door, and the housekeeper stated "I just was seeing if ya'll were still here". Are you kidding me? Isn't checkout time noon? Wow! We went ahead and got up (not that we were awake!) and got ready for checkout. An hour or so later, we called for a bellhop to bring up a cart for luggage and waited more than 30 minutes and no one came. I called again and this time they came up in about 5 minutes or so. It's in a great location but I'm with some of the other reviewers and will consider staying at the Westin or Omni.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. I do apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. I have passed the information along to our housekeeping team for review. I hope you will let me know next time you are in the Atlanta area.
Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for four nights to attend a conference. Well-priced for its location, but hotel really needs to be freshened. Bathroom could use a total do-over: no drain cover in sink, discolored tub, poor lighting, just sorta shabby. Bed was comfortable with comfortable pillows and covers. Buffet that came with HHonors status was quite good. Omelets made to order and good variety of other choices. Two breakfast rooms, but only one with natural light, so the other one is fairly dreary.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. As an HHonors Member, we value your loyalty. We are finaling our public space renovations now and plans are to update the rooms later this year. We look forward to your return visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

During my stay, the hotel was going through a cosmetic makeover in the lobby and resturant/bar. Front desk star was polite and professional. The end result is crisp and modern feel to revitalize an older property. The suites are spacious and comfortable. The resturant serves typical bar food at a resaonable price.

The cleaning staff is aggressive in their goal complete daily work, however I bothered by their knocking on the door at 8:15 each morning. The front desk also ran out of cookies each day by 6 PM.

Warner Robins, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I frequent the Atlanta area with my wife and have stayed at many downtown and other nice hotels in Atlanta. I chose this one based off its location and supposedly niceness of it. Upon arriving i was met by a valet driver whom was average in his greeting and taking of my vehicle. I then stepped inside to the Hilton and was not greeted or welcomed. I walked over to the night clerk who lets just say seemed more like a security guard then a front desk person. He checked us in and grabbed some cookies from a shady corner behind the desk area. He gave us some lame directions to the elevator that we found no thanks to him. Upon getting into our room I immediately could tell this was not a very nice room. It felt like a renovated old building with some "fancy" furniture. The bathroom was dirty there was "pubic hair" on the toilet, I found that kinda nasty so did my wife. The sink drain did not drain properly. I had to take the broken stopper out of it so it would drain. The shower drain stopper was also broken. The paint job inside the bathroom was very crappie done. Paint splatter was found all over the side wood shelving. The glasses in the bathroom had defiantly been wiped down instead of actually cleaned in a sanitary conditions. You can easily tell this by the rubbed smudges left in the glass. We soon went to bed to find that the tv signal strength for many channels was weak but who cares we weren't staying there for the tv. I was awoken iin the morning by the construction on the street, the front lobbey, noisy guest in the hallway, and the absolute worst maids i have ever come across. They were loud and came into our room almost. The only thing that stopped them was the chain on the door. To say i was pissed off would be an understatement. We checked out soon after all this. I would never stay here again! The valet parking and the rooms are overpriced. If you want your best value and better service and nicer everything, do yourself a favor stay at the Westin across the street. I stayed there back in December and regret not going back. I am not paid or endorsed by the Westin. You truly would be better staying anywhere but here!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to see your experience was not a positive one. If you would like to further discuss the details of your stay please feel free to contact me.

Thanks Again,