“Great Stay!”

Ranked #127 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Signal Mountain, United States
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We really appreciated the friendly staff & all the assistance they provided. The property was clean & fresh as well. The location was very convenient as we went to Turner Field for a Braves game. The breakfast bar was very complete with something available for most anyone - service staff was awesome!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hotel_Mgmt_Team, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. It was such a pleasure to have you and your family here. We look forward to your next visit to Atlanta!!
I hope that your next visit to Atlanta is a great one!

Operations Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rossford, OH, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Was greeted by a very friendly front desk who were very informative. The stay was just for overnight, got in late, so I didn't see much of the hotel. Very helpful Valet parking. Good thing we had a GPS, because the hotel was not in an easy to find location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Atlanta.
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the doubletree downtown Atlanta last night. Am in hilton honors member, so I stay at hilton property when I can.
I was booked for 2 nights but I ended up leaving after one night. On the surface, the hotel looks renovated, clean and quiet.

I arrived late last night, and I was first surprised not to have the upgrade I requested mentioned at check in. It was late and not important, so I did not mention it.

The room was updated recently but not upgraded. A little bit on the small side, but ok. The hotel recently changed to doubletree so the furniture was relatively recent. Could have used a fresh coat of paint.

The tv was working but not the pay per view, which I did not mind. The wifi, though did not work and that was a problem since I was traveling on business. It was late so I decided to mention it in the morning.

In the morning, the shower could not produce water warmer than lukewarm, at this stage, I decided to leave, that's three strikes in a few hours.

Upon check out, I wasn't asked why I was checking out early or if I enjoyed my stay. I guess the staff must know better and they must get early check out quite often.
I am never staying at this hotel again, and you shouldn't either. There are plenty of equivalent and better choices by walking distance.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank wap13
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to see that your experience was less than desirable. The property is 50+ years old and currently undergoing renovations in the public spaces. The guest room renovations are planned for later this year. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Operations Manger

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Sibley, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have to say I was very impressed with the employees. I had a few issues with my room after checking in, I went back to the front desk and within minutes I had 3 employees working on my concerns. I was very impressed. Not only did they address my concerns and get me a different room someone came up and helped me move my stuff. Again, very impressed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay and the kind words about the hotel staff. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our great downtown location to enjoy all that the local area has to offer. We look forward to your return visit to Atlanta!
Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I found my room hot and the air conditioner did not work well. They are renovating but the business center was in the middle of a hallway. It was very difficult to use and did not function properly. Entrance and exit was terrible as it is on a one way street with very little place to put your car when checking in. breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay. The property is currently undergoing our last phase of renovations in the public spaces. The entrance can be difficult during downtown traffic times, but we are happy to announce that the new street car the city has installed will begin this fall and make accessing the location much easier!!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This location is doing quite a bit of upgrades to their lobby right now, which look very nice. The improvements to the lobby and restaurant are very nice. When you get the hotel rooms you notice that those same upgrades haven't happened in the rooms yet. The rooms are okay, but could use some updates. This hotel is in a very convenient location in downtown Atlanta for business meetings. I have stayed here multiple times now.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay. We are excited about public space renovation and guest room renovations are planned for later this year. We look forward to your return as we continually improve!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Me and 3 others spent 3 nights at the Doubletree Hotel (160 Spring Street, downtown Atlanta). Cost at the time of reservation included an additional $20.00 for the breakfast package and $20.00 for parking each day. Reservation was 2 people per room.

SECOND DAY - we were falsely accused of walking out, without paying for breakfast by one of the staff. Expressed our concern with the manager at the front desk. She apologized and addressed the issue.

THIRD DAY - Checked out the night before going to bed due to an early flight. My girlfriend and I split the invoice. She paid her half with cash and I paid my half with my credit card. When I received my credit card invoice, by card was charges 2x. My card was charged the second time, the day AFTER we checked out. They were not authorized to charge my card 2x especially after we had already checked out. In addition to that, my credit card was NOT the card on file, the room and reservation was in my girlfriend name. Contacted the hotel to advise of the double charge, NO RESOLUTION.

The second room was charged $80.00 instead of $60.00 for parking, you would think parking is free since we we're staying at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Belinda B
Hotel_Mgmt_Team, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello,
I am sorry to hear about you billing issues and would be more than glad to look into it for you. Please contact me at your convenience and I will have accounting look into your account. Unfortunately we do not offer free parking as is typical of the downtown area.

Operations Manager