“great service and facilities”

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #31 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed at the JW Marriott Buckhead last weekend with our children for a birthday celebration. The staff - from front desk to concierge to housekeeping - was oustanding. Very friendly, helpful, and accomodating to our requests. The hotel has just been completely renovated, so everything looks great. The indoor pool area was definitely a hit with my children, and, unlike a lot of other indoor pools at hotels, this one was very nice, clean, and heated. The breakfast buffet was also great, with made-to-order omelettes, a huge fruit bar, and all sorts of other offerings (not your average waffle breakfast so many chain hotels provide). My only "complaint" is that the hotel doesn't have rooms with 2 Queen beds - double beds are a little small. The hotel is located right next to Lenox Mall, and many other stores are nearby, so you can do a little shopping while in town. Finally, the hotel's driver/bellman/concierge "Felix" deserves 5+ Stars himself. He is a great guy who really takes care of the hotel's guests.

Room Tip: The oversized corner rooms are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead

Reviewed 5 November 2011

This is a premium Marriott Hotel. And I should caveat my complaints with the fact that the hotel seems to be undergoing a renovation. The concierge lounge has been temporarily relocated to the 2nd floor. There is no wifi there either. I was truly shocked to learn that there is no wifi in any of the rooms. I only brought my ipad(which requires wifi). There is very slow free wifi in the lobby only. Why didn't they advertise this beforehand? Then to top it off, the road leading to the hotel is blocked off (completely closed) due to road construction. It was very frustrating that neither my GPS nor I was aware of that fact either. I truly hope this place improves because it's in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband and I along with our daughter, son-in law, and granddaughter spent a weekend at the JR Marriott. We thought it would be a great place to stay for a football game we would attewnd and we would get to do some shopping while we weren't at the game. The hotel is a part of the Lennox Square shopping mall and very convenient. So, while we did enjoy the football we did not find the visit to be of the Buckhead Marriott right down the street and just across the sreet from the same mall.
The rooms were cramped and the fire alarm kept going off in the room. In the lobby a security guard was watching the door as if the next minute a hold up might occur. Not the warmest feeling. And the valet parking was a nightmare.
We did of course think the beds were comfortable as they are in all Marriotts and we've stayed in many. We will return to the Buckhead Marriott next weekend.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

This was our first trip to Atlanta and enjoyed our stay at the JW. We had a lovely view of Downtown Atlanta from our room on the 21st floor. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The king bed was very comfortable and the bathroom nice and roomy. Curiously, there were no drawers in the bedroom or bathroom. The room, floor, lobby, bar, and restaurant were all nicely appointed with very up-to-date decor. The elevators were fantastic and fast! Never had to wait more than 30 seconds. The staff was friendly, hospitable, and very accommodating. At check-in, we asked and received a room in a upper floor for a nice view, as well as a late check-out for our two-night stay.

The location of the hotel is great. It is connected to the Lenox Square Mall (very nice and big!) and the MARTA station (Lenox station on the Gold line) is just across the street. FYI for the very light sleeper - you can faintly hear the MARTA train pass by (service stops a 1am). We did not rent a car but used the MARTA to go downtown and to the airport. We did take advantage of the hotel car service once to go to dinner. The car service will take you and pick you up from locations within about a 2 mile radius. It was very convenient.

Loved our stay - the only down-side was not having wi-fi in the room. Had to go to the lobby/bar area for that. You would see people with their laptops, iPads, and ipods in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gonolesandheels
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I had been to this hotel twice in the past and enjoyed it immensely; this time I was pleasantly surprised to see that the rooms and the lobby had been renovated; a lovely change.
As in the past, southern hospitality reigns supreme here; everyone that works there has a smile and a helpful hand.

The bar area was renovated as well, and the lite menu for lunch was quite good and interesting.
The hotel is centrally situated; not far from the airport and close to some wonderful shopping and restaurants; it is attached to the Lenox Mall, a must to see.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I traveled to Atlanta for a business conference and had the pleasure of staying at JW Marriott Buckhead for $149 night at the conference rate. The hotel was very clean and modern. The room was very big and the king bed I had was extremely comfortable. I had the best night sleep in a month. The staff were efficient and helpful. And the food provided for the conference was very good. The hotel is conveniently located just across the street from MARTA station so it was an easy 35 minute train ride from the airport, which could have not been easier. I paid $6 round-trip from airport. They have a very large pool, large hot tub and even a sauna. Very nice!

I rated the hotel as 4 stars for two reasons: 1) Oddly, there wasn't a dresser in the room. Everything had to be hung up on the 8 hangers provided OR or stuffed in the very small nightstand drawer and 2) There is no wi-fi in the rooms. The rooms are supposed to have broadband, but I can't verify this. Others at the conference stated that their laptops couldn't connect using the internet cable in their rooms either.

Wi-fi is available in the lobby. I just didn't want to sit in the lobby for any length of time.

Room Tip: Ask for a King if you're traveling alone or as a couple.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Our family traveled to Atlanta for a wedding and we all (32 of us) had the pleasure of staying at JW Marriott Buckhead. The hotel was very clean and stylish. The rooms were very big and the beds extremely comfortable. The staff were so polite and helpful. And the food at a Sunday morning brunch was excellent. Not one of us had any negative comments about this hotel. It is just across the street from MARTA station so it was an easy 35 minute train ride from the airport, which could have not been easier. The hotel shuttles you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel as well. Apparently there was som renovation going on but I did not see it.
Great experience. Thanks