“Love this Property”

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #28 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Great hotel! Great staff. Great location. Love the bathrooms with the seperate shower stall and bathtub. Yummy breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed 10 July 2008

Just returned from a one night business stay (July 8, 2008) at the JW Marriott Buckhead.

The hotel is wonderfully located adjacent to the Lenox Square mall and very close to Phipps Plaza shopping as well. Additionally, you can walk to MARTA Rail stops and superb restaurant choices as well (Ruths Chris, Capital Grille, The Palm, and Mortons to name a few).

Great service as always from Marriott.

Very nice and comfortable rooms as well.

I will stay again

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelTops
Reviewed 24 June 2008

...but I don't think I'd pay rack rate to stay here.

Room was nice--clean and fairly spacious. Carpets could have used some attention, though. Attractive marble bath. Bed was very comfortable and had great pillows. We were on the sixth floor and away from the elevators. No problems with noise, service, A/C, etc. Staff we encountered were all polite and helpful. Room service was quite good.

Great location close to MARTA and shopping/restaurants. But nothing that made this hotel worth $250 or more a night...I've slept just as well at a Comfort Inn for half the price.

I would definitely stay here again, just wouldn't pay full price to do it.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2008

This hotel has a great location for shopping with Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza. The rooms are pleasant but the TV is small. The restaurant which was supposed to be open until 10 had nobody at the desk when we showed up at 9:30. We waited a few minutes but nobody showed up. The front desk staff was slow and made several mistakes. For example, I asked that the $19 self parking charge be put on my bill and the clerk told me to use my room key to go in and out. She never activated it though for this which caused a delay in leaving the garage. She also tried to tell me the guaranteed king I had reserved was not available. It took an assistant manager getting involved before I was given the room. The concierge staff was super. I wouldn't stay here again though. There are other great hotels nearby--the Ritz Carlton, etc. and this one isn't living up to the standards I'd expect at this price.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2008

I booked 4 rooms at this hotel for a college trip. The hotel was wonderful. However the front desk experience was a little more complicated than it should have been.

The rooms were wonderful and super clean. An excellent experience at a Marriot. My one complaint from the trip was when I got locked out of my room. My friends and myself had gone to the pool to swim, when we came back up our rooms would not open. My roommate and I went downstairs and we both thought it would take an act of congress to get a key for our room. The hotel was secure to say the least.

Overall I would stay here again with hesitation, but make sure you don't get your room key wet or they might call secret service!

• Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 4 June 2008

A bunch of stayed at this hotel and we basically have no complaints at all. Every person who works at that hotel - concierge, valet, front desk, etc. was extremely friendly. Our room rate included free parking, which was great since parking in Atlanta overall is pretty pricey.

The rooms and bathrooms were a nice size and very clean. I have no complaints there. The walls were also pretty sound proof - - I didn't hear noise from outside or noise from the rooms next door. In terms of the food at the restaurant, we ordered room service one night and everything was really good. It also arrived pretty quickly. We also had the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant which was very good, with excellent service.
I also loved that the hotel had ice water with lemon and cucumber in the lobby - spa water is always refreshing!

It is definitely a plus to have the mall connected to the hotel. I had to run over to Bloomingdales to buy something quickly, so it was nice to walk over there without having to go outside.

I have stayed in two other Marriots in downtown Atlanta, and the JW in Buckhead is the best Marriot so far. I would definitely stay here again during my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2008

The room was nice, as was the location - the attachment to the mall was very nice for a rainy day. The staff, especially the business center/front desk staff were great. Hotel shuttle takes you to many different places in the area. The bar/restaurant scene is a little dead, but food is fine.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business