“Exceptional Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, OH
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I mainly wanted to comment on the extraordinary customer service at this property. Every contact that we had with the hotel staff was exceptional, from the house staff to the front desk, to the valets. I have stayed at many nice hotels, but it always seems that you run into the occasional bad egg. Not at the Buckhead JW. Just genuinly friendly and helpful across the board. I think that is what separates the Conrad from the Hampton and the JW from the Courtyard. Most properties are clean, and spacious enough. What distinguishes the guest experience when you pay a bit more is service. Congratulations to the JW team. Location is excellent also, within walking distance of great dining and shopping. Also adjacent to the metro. We has a standard room. Nothing exceptional. Because of my rewards status I had access to the concierge lounge on the top floor. Great views of the Atlanta skyline and excellent breakfast. Stay at this hotel for the service and location. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a skyline view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and “extraordinary” comments. I always enjoy receiving such positive feedback and will certainly be sure to share your post with our associates. I find that our associates are inspired to provide the kind of service levels we continuously strive for when they aware that we have genuinely helped our guests enjoy their visit. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

There is just something a tad off about this JW. Maybe because it doesn't live up to the JW brand. Management/staff should be trained at the legit JWs to get a sense of what Marriott's top brand means. Here, the room I was given was good. not great, but good. The bar downstairs was average at best with mediocre food. the breakfast was mediocre at best (for the level of the hotel). Everything was very rushed when I checked in...like they were in a hurry to move me along. But all in all...i don't really need to go back here. I stayed at the W nearby a few months ago and LOVED it. Personal, nice, relaxed, smooth and no issues.

2 Thank Gophillies20
I am sorry to learn of your experience during your recent visit. This is not our usual standard of service or the typical feedback we receive. I will make sure to observe further and make adjustments immediately. We definitely do not want our guests to feel rushed or our hotel to be considered as mediocre. We take great pride in providing a high level of service. I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence by staying with us again in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

The J.W. Marriott Hotel in Buckhead Atlanta provided top notch customer service. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were phenomenal and the pillows were exceptional! The hotel is in a great location and the hotel provides a car service for a 2 mile radius. The hotel is connected to the Lenox Mall which is a joy for any shopper! There is something in The Lenox Mall for all! Shop til you drop! We were certainly pleased with the southern hospitality in which the J.W. Marriott extended to us. We ate breakfast in the hotel; a great variety and taste for a reasonable price. The staff was polite and accommodating, rooms were clean and price was reasonable. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
I enjoy learning when we have provided top notch customer service to our visitors. Thank you for letting me know as we always strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and a wonderful lasting memory. Please plan to return so you can shop until you drop! Then you can enjoy our “phenomenal beds” and our “exceptional” pillows. You might be interested to learn that you can also purchase Marriott pillows and bedding at shopmarriott.com. We look forward to your next visit.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel has promise, but this was not a pleasant stay. First, the good. The rooms are nice as well as the lobby area. The room was clean. The Elite lounge is better than average. The room was set up mostly to my request (minus a mini fridge). The things that make me not want to go back: 1) The elevator noise. I was put in an #07 all the room ending with 07 are the back wall of the elevator bank and they have some crazy loud elevators. I was waken up maybe half a dozen times before calling down to get a new room. The people on duty acted like "Oh yeah, a lot of people like those rooms, it is just you" I was not in the mood for the attitude at 2:40 in the am.. 2)The state of repair in the rooms. When I tried to call down about a room change, the first phone I picked up was dead.. OK, I walked to a second phone, picked it up, and it was dead (Batteries were shot). I called from the speaker phone. In the second room, I picked up the phone to make a call down to the desk, and guess what, the phone was dead. I tried to turn on the television then, guess what, it was dead. THe next day, I had tehm com up and fix the dead items, which they did. 3) Third and final for this stay, I tried to hook up my HDMI out to the tv to watch a movie, and guess what, the clever people at Marriott had disabled the ability to use your own content, If everything else had been good, this alone would have kept me from giving them a 5 rating.

Room Tip: Avoid any room ending in 07 if you hope to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for letting us know about your stay. While I am glad to learn you enjoyed your room and the concierge lounge, I was terribly sorry to learn that you experienced noise from the elevators, problems with the phones and TVs in your room. I will most certainly have our engineeing team investigate the rooms near the elevators and check for necessary repairs. Most concerning is the lack of concern you received when reporting your problems. You can rest assured that I will share your comments with our staff for further training and immediate attention. This is not typical for the JW Marriott Atlanta and I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence by visiting us again. Thank you for letting me know.
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is perfect. The location is great. It is connected to the Lenox mall and across from Houston's restaurant. Service is top notch. We made reservation thru Priceline but our marriott gold status was still honored. We were upgraded to a concierge room on the top floor and had lounge access for breakfast, which was the best out of all three Marriott properties we stayed in this week. The person that checked me in actually thanked us for our loyalty as gold members. That's a first. Definitely recommend this hotel. I have stayed in several four stars in this area and this is my favorite.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your great comments and your loyalty as a gold memeber. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed our location and services. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and enjoy learning that we accomplished our goal. Come back to your favorite hotel soon. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a lovely Marriott attached to Lenox Mall and convenient to many other shops and restaurants. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back.
We didn't have much of a view from our room, but it didn't really matter. The bed was very comfortable and bathroom has large cozy towels.
We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and it was such a pleasure to see the smiling faces working in the restaurant. The lady, making the omelets to order, was the most pleasant, happy person and brightened my day!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor- a higher floor facing midtown would have been better.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, our accommodations and the breakfast buffet. I will be certain to recognize the omelet chef as I am so very pleased she brightened your day. The next time you visit you might want request a city view room. I think you would enjoy the beautiful Atlanta Skyline. We will see you on your return.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I visited the JW Marriott for the first time recently. Service was outstanding. My room was very clean and spacious. There was a bathrobe in the closet which is always a plus for me. And the fact that the hotel is connected to the Lenox Mall isn't so bad either. The hotel is directly across the street from the Marta train station. Very convenient. Marriott never disappoints me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for your visit and your nice comments regarding your guest room. I am glad you were comfortable and enjoyed the convenience of the hotel. It is truly a plus to be connected to Lenox Square Mall and across the street from the MARTA rail station. This makes it so convenient for our guests. I am glad we did not disappoint! Please come back to visit soon.