“Peaceful stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cary, North Carolina
“Peaceful stay”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Excellent business hotel. Connected to Lenox Mall. Advisable for the business traveler. Not incredibly good, but nothing to complain about.Excellent business hotel. Connected to Lenox Mall. Advisable for the business traveler. Not incredibly good, but nothing to complain about.Excellent business hotel. Connected to Lenox Mall. Advisable for the business traveler. Not incredibly good, but nothing to complain about.Excellent business hotel. Connected to Lenox Mall. Advisable for the business traveler. Not incredibly good, but nothing to complain about.Excellent business hotel. Connected to Lenox Mall. Advisable for the business traveler. Not incredibly good, but nothing to complain about.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to the JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead. I am glad you found our hotel to be advisable for the business traveler and hope your accommodations allowed you to be productive. I am concerned, however, that you did not find your stay to be “incredibly good” as we strive to always exceed our guests’ expectations. I welcome your feedback on how we might have done better. Please consider visiting us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta. We are a great destination for the leisure traveler as well with so many restaurants, entertainment venues and shopping in such a convenient proximity.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Brazil
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions when the Ritz Buckhead was sold out. I can honestly say that I was very pleased with the quality of this hotel. It is connected the shopping mall, which is perfect for shopping and a grabbing a quick bite. The staff is very friendly and well trained. The Club Lounge has a beautiful view of the city and high quality food. The rooms are spacious, well-maintained and modern. I hightly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your post and nice comments. I am glad you have had the opportunity to visit and enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will plan to make the JW Marriott Atlanta your preferred destination in the future. Thank you for recommending us.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Returned to the JW for the third time! The service is always first rate. Kate was so helpful as we checked in. The valet and bellman service are repeatedly excellent. Close to great restaurants and shops - within walking distance; and adjacent to the mall.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
It is great to learn when we have returning guests and we appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for letting me know that the service you received was “first rate”. I will be sue to share your post with Kate as well as our bellmen and valet staff to give them kudos for a job well done. We will look forward to your fourth visit!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is an excellent value for the price, with amazing service. Every single person I encountered (valet, doorman, bellman, front desk, housekeeping) was extremely friendly and helpful. You can walk directly into Lenox Mall from the hotel, and the rooms are spacious and nicely appointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thanks for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your visit and our service. I find it reassuring to learn that the service was amazing and our staff was friendly and helpful. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I mainly wanted to comment on the extraordinary customer service at this property. Every contact that we had with the hotel staff was exceptional, from the house staff to the front desk, to the valets. I have stayed at many nice hotels, but it always seems that you run into the occasional bad egg. Not at the Buckhead JW. Just genuinly friendly and helpful across the board. I think that is what separates the Conrad from the Hampton and the JW from the Courtyard. Most properties are clean, and spacious enough. What distinguishes the guest experience when you pay a bit more is service. Congratulations to the JW team. Location is excellent also, within walking distance of great dining and shopping. Also adjacent to the metro. We has a standard room. Nothing exceptional. Because of my rewards status I had access to the concierge lounge on the top floor. Great views of the Atlanta skyline and excellent breakfast. Stay at this hotel for the service and location. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a skyline view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit and “extraordinary” comments. I always enjoy receiving such positive feedback and will certainly be sure to share your post with our associates. I find that our associates are inspired to provide the kind of service levels we continuously strive for when they aware that we have genuinely helped our guests enjoy their visit. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 October 2013

There is just something a tad off about this JW. Maybe because it doesn't live up to the JW brand. Management/staff should be trained at the legit JWs to get a sense of what Marriott's top brand means. Here, the room I was given was good. not great, but good. The bar downstairs was average at best with mediocre food. the breakfast was mediocre at best (for the level of the hotel). Everything was very rushed when I checked in...like they were in a hurry to move me along. But all in all...i don't really need to go back here. I stayed at the W nearby a few months ago and LOVED it. Personal, nice, relaxed, smooth and no issues.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gophillies20
I am sorry to learn of your experience during your recent visit. This is not our usual standard of service or the typical feedback we receive. I will make sure to observe further and make adjustments immediately. We definitely do not want our guests to feel rushed or our hotel to be considered as mediocre. We take great pride in providing a high level of service. I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence by staying with us again in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The J.W. Marriott Hotel in Buckhead Atlanta provided top notch customer service. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were phenomenal and the pillows were exceptional! The hotel is in a great location and the hotel provides a car service for a 2 mile radius. The hotel is connected to the Lenox Mall which is a joy for any shopper! There is something in The Lenox Mall for all! Shop til you drop! We were certainly pleased with the southern hospitality in which the J.W. Marriott extended to us. We ate breakfast in the hotel; a great variety and taste for a reasonable price. The staff was polite and accommodating, rooms were clean and price was reasonable. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
I enjoy learning when we have provided top notch customer service to our visitors. Thank you for letting me know as we always strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and a wonderful lasting memory. Please plan to return so you can shop until you drop! Then you can enjoy our “phenomenal beds” and our “exceptional” pillows. You might be interested to learn that you can also purchase Marriott pillows and bedding at shopmarriott.com. We look forward to your next visit.